“I LOVED this tour”

Fort Dodge, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“I LOVED this tour”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My granddaughter and I wanted to parasail on Roatan. We googled parasailing on Roatan and were made aware of Christopher Tours. What a wonderful find!! We were greeted at the pier by our guide Dario (I hope I spelled that right!!) and were taken to our personal taxi and driver. Dario and the driver proceeded to take us on a tour of the island, a stop at an amazing zoo where we interacted with monkeys and macaws. Eddie, the guide at the zoo, led us personally through the cages and helped us take pictures of the amazing animals. We then were taken to the Beach where we waited to find out if the weather would allow parasailing. Dario assured us that if we could not parasail we would be able to make an exchange for zip-lining. While we were waiting my granddaughter had time to get her hair braided and I lounged on the beach. The weather cleared and we were able to parasail. I have never felt as personally catered to as I was on this tour. It was perfect. Cudos to Christopher tours and to Dario. Well worth every penny!!

1 Thank Sue W

Monroe, Iowa
“Fantastic Personal Service”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

After reading the positive reviews, our family of 6 adults booked the Best of Roatan Tour. To our amazement, our guide for the day was the owner - Alonzo. What a great day it was!! We were able to decide what we wanted to do and in what order would work the best. First, we went to a small monkey farm where we were allowed to go inside the cages with a guide to interact with the monkeys. Our pictures of the monkeys jumping from person to person are priceless. Then, we went Ziplining - 12 different lines and then going upside down was quite the thrill! We were very impressed with the friendliness of our guides and their focus on our safety and having fun - the views were awe inspiring. After a scenic tour along the shoreline, Alonzo dropped us off at Tabyana Beach where we met our snorkeling guide. The 6 of us were taken by boat out to the coral reef, where we saw many beautiful fish. Then, Alonzo took us through the center of Coxen Hole and back to the Port to board our cruise ship in plenty of time. I would highly recommend using Christopher Tours, as we received a fantastic "off the beaten path" personalized tour of the beautiful island of Roatan. Thanks again for a great time - Alonzo!!

Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exactly as Advertised”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We booked our guide online and inadvertantly overpaid. Just as we were trying to decide how to proceed with securing a refund; Alonzo called and told us that we had made an error and that he had returned an overpayment. We agree with the other reviews - the car was ready and our guide did a great job.

1 Thank Walter T
Brownsburg, Indiana
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great Tour Guides”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I had arranged for two guides to pick us up at the pier. Joe went with three of us to the iguana farm and Carambola Gardens. He told us a lot about this country and was a great tour guide! The iguana farm was a little crazy, but fun (watch out for the monkey - he likes to steal glasses!) Carambola Gardens was amazing.

Christina took a group of 4 to the beach and parasailing. Lots of fun!

I would highly recommend using a local tour company over the crowded ship tours.

St. Paul, MN
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A perfect alternative to high priced cruise tours”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I booked this tour via the Internet prior to our Holland American cruise. We took the Zipline/snorlking tour and had our own private guide, Shem(?) all day! First he gave us a tour of the island, then we saw monkeys and iguanas(extra$$$). Finally the BEST ziplining and snorlking ever. We ziplined in Costa Rica last year, and this was even better. And, we've snorkels all over the world, and this had to be one of the best...right off the reef, and a private tour. Just my husband, and our two teenagers.
The vehicle wasn't air conditioned, but we rolled down the window which helped.
A few things to make it better...bottled water, a guide who was a bit more outgoing. He answered questions, but didn't offer us information unless we asked. Also, must pay in cash, which left us a bit strapped for cash.