The place is very pretty right by a river with lots of flora around you. The tours are very nice, and while priced a bit above local prices, our tour guide was very knowledgeable and friendly. The rooms are simple and very lacking. We paid for hot water and a private bathroom. The bathroom is totally open to the outside, which invites a ton of mosquitos. I have at least 30 bites on my legs alone.it would have been better to have netting or at least the possibility of closing the bathroom door. It didn't have a latch or doorknob installed, and always stayed open at least 2 inches besides the huge space below it, which gave the Mosquitos full access to feast on you at night. We asked for a fan because of the heat and because they keep Mosquitos away. The owner did nothing, not even an apology or alternative. My boyfriend and I never stay in 5-star hotels and can be very happy with the minimum, but there aren't even hooks in the bathroom to hang your towel. Not being able to close the bathroom door meant it wasn't very "private". The food is very good and reasonably priced, but a fan or mosquito nets are necessary. The hot water is warm, but warm enough I would say, and if I were picky on anything it would be hot water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a locally owned business (yes it matters in a third world country) with a nice restaurant with food for vegetarians and meat eaters, usually buffet style dinners, we focus on helping the comunity as much as we can. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hospedaje Tipico El Retiro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Retiro Finca And Lodge
- El Retiro Finca Hotel Lanquin