I must say this has been one of the most magical and precious places i have ever stayed. Plan on being there at least, LEAST, three days. A chill out day in the hammock area by the running river and waterfall... a day (or two) to explore Semuc Champey (one of the most gorgeous places you'll set your eyes on), do the Lanquin bat cave, go hiking and jumping off stuff... and the lodge is awesome. Quaint cabins, rustic but clean and very comfortable and super affordable. The river is right along the edge of the quite massive property (as hostels go for sure) and so its super tranquilo... with a splash of party.
They have tubing which was great fun, really beautiful ride, and you can jump off a tree at the end if you're the adventurous sort... which isn't really that "adventureous" but climbing the tree got the adrenaline pumping. The food is great, my favorite was the family style dinners... great Italian night! The staff is super friendly with great senses of humor and very professional at the same time. The vibe is complete. Sunbathing or jumping off bridges, defintely a game or two of jenga, the sauna, the volleyball, swimming in the river across to the waterfall and hiking up with the cows... its just a fantastic location and a fantastic hostel.... don't miss it!!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a locally owned business (yes it matters in a third world country) with a nice restaurant with food for vegetarians and meat eaters, usually buffet style dinners, we focus on helping the comunity as much as we can. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hospedaje Tipico El Retiro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Retiro Finca Hotel Lanquin
- El Retiro Finca And Lodge