My husband and I stayed at the resort with our daughter and her two young daughters who were visiting from the United States. We found the setting very pleasant, with the ocean and white sandy beach and the resort's buildings spread among coconut trees. We stayed in a two- bedroom cottage with a small living room, eating area, and a kitchenette. Our grandchildren happily shared one big bed in the same room with their mother who slept on a smaller bed.
The meals were adequate but the service slow. The restaurant's big open dining porch was pleasant but the many flies who wanted to share the meal made it difficult to relax and it put the children particularly on edge; screening of the porch would enhance the experience of eating there. The hotel is very convenient to exploring the tourist attractions in the Cape Coast/Elmina area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut Grove Beach Resort and Conference Center is located on a sandy beach in the Historic Town of Elmina. Guests have access to an 18 hole Golf Course, Horse back riding and can swim in the Pool and on the Beach. Also available are Board games, table and lawn tennis, beach volley and soccer as well as a fully equipped gymnasium. We have an animal sanctuary with crocodiles, peacocks, rabbits, parrots and other wild life. We have a variety of rooms to suit honeymooners, families or groups as well as kids play areas and swimming pool. Our Conference Halls can host from 15 Guests to 300 for a meeting or event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coconut Grove Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Grove Beach Hotel Elmina
- Coconut Grove Beach Elmina
- Coconut Grove Beach Resort Ghana/Elmina