“Enjoyable respite”

Coconut Grove Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Elmina
Reviewed February 6, 2014

A wonderful place to stay after some hectic travel. The beach is beautiful especially during sunrise and sunset. The room was quite comfortable and nicely appointed. The dining on the outside terrace was good. Service was quite good as well.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 5, 2014

we used the facility to engage our clients in a two day corporate retreat and it was fantastic. Staff were very helpful, friendly and fun. The golf course added good value to our program as it afforded us with the opportunity to engage in different sporting activities. it was quite, this afforded us the opportunity to rest well. i wished i could stay longer but i definitely will return. great guys Joel, Lawrencia, Stella and Shirley-Ann.

Room Tip: suits are just fantastic
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed here for one night at the end of a birding trip to Ghana. When we arrived, the reception staff were friendly and helpful. Our cabin was set back from the beach, in a pretty grassy area. We had a family cabin, which had two spacious bedrooms and a large bathroom. The rooms were well decorated and clean.

The meals were served in an open area close to the pool and served tasty meals. The pool was clean and the water warm. We also spent time on the beach, swimming and sunbathing. The beach is stunning and deserted but there were no sunbeds here.

We visited Elmiina Castle, which was fascinating and painful to visit.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 21, 2014

The location of this resort couldn't be better. Here and see the ocean waves splash and lap the rocks as you enjoy lunch with a chilled something to go with it.
My room was spacious and comfortable. Customer service was great (which is priceless in Ghana btw).
I was lucky enough to also witness a golf tournament whilst staying. I believe its the only resort in Ghana with an in-biuilt 18 hole Golf course so if thats your thing, then a plus and even if not, you can experience it for a first time, I did.
I highly recommend this getaway spot.

Room Tip: Ask for the ones closer to the oceanfront
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 16, 2014

My wife and I stayed there two nights while we explored Elmina, and it's castles. Big mistake, we should have stayed a week. I loved this place. It's staff, the food, the grounds, and beach. Everything was great. Room 24 wasn't so great so we upgrade to a suit, and it was worth it. The hotel is just a few minutes from Elmina castle and fort, and 30 minutes from Cape Coast. So it's in a great location. The pool is large and clean. Just all round nice place. Next time we will stay longer. The only thing they really need to work on is the gym.

Room Tip: Avoid room 24.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2014

For three years, I had planned to spend the Christmas holiday with my family at Coconut Grove Beach Resort at Elmina. At each attempt, I couldn't get reservation. The hotel was fully booked each Christmas. This year I decided to book way back in May and that made the difference! My first tip: if you want to be at Coconut Grove in peak season, make your reservation well ahead.
Finally I arrived on the 24th with my family for three nights. We were well received and the formalities at the reception were very brief. We were checked into our reserved accommodations: one family unit for me, my wife and two boys and a standard room for my daughter. The family unit is made up of two spacious rooms, a toilet and bathroom and a big balcony. The standard room is equally well laid out with spacious bath room (standing shower, no bath) and toilet. My daughter was not happy with the television in her room. She preferred the flat screen televisions in the family unit! A family friend we chanced upon at the resort complained that her accommodation (another family unit) was not as spacious and likable as ours. My second tip: when you are making your reservation, insist on having from the best of the rooms.
I found the staff particularly courteous and always willing to assist. The beach is breathtaking (my main attraction), good restaurant (well located close to the beach, with varied menu and tasty food) and lot and lot of coconut trees complimenting the good ambiance of the resort.
You will need to come with your balls and rackets if you want to use the tennis court. I was not impressed with the gym and will not readily recommend it to lodgers. Instead, I will recommend a good swim at the pool or a pleasure walk along the beach.
Overall I had a good time with my family and left with worthy memories.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sola A
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I was not impressed by the overall services of Coconut Beach Resort at all. My family and I had to spend only one night instead of the three nights planned. From the moment we arrived till we left, I was upset, the rooms took forever to be ready, the telephone at the restaurant was not working, had to be using my cell phone to place order for food, the family suite had no phone, water was dripping from the wall in one of the rooms, for the price I was disappointed, don't think I will ever go back there.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lovelyfamily2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmina
Hotel Loreto
#3 of 9 in Cape Coast
Anomabo Beach Resort
Anomabo Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in Anomabo

Been to Coconut Grove Beach Resort? Share your experiences!