The Coconut Grove Beach Resort has an outstanding setting just outside Elmina. The beach is pleasant, and the resort has a good sized and well maintained pool. There is also a golf course—we didn’t try it on this trip. Rooms are a bit disappointing—reasonably clean, but in need of some major maintenance. We had a balky toilet and a couple of creaky air conditioners that struggled to drop the temperature below the high 20s. Only a few of the lamps worked. Food in the restaurant was good—the Ghanaian dishes are probably your best options—jolliff rice seems a particularly reliable choice. Breakfast is fine—eggs cooked to order and a range of other options. As is generally the case in Ghana, service is friendly but not very efficient—there is no such thing as grabbing a quick meal at the Coconut Grove.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut Grove Beach Resort and Conference Center is located on a sandy beach in the Historic Town of Elmina. Guests have access to an 18 hole Golf Course, Horse back riding and can swim in the Pool and on the Beach. Also available are Board games, table and lawn tennis, beach volley and soccer as well as a fully equipped gymnasium. We have an animal sanctuary with crocodiles, peacocks, rabbits, parrots and other wild life. We have a variety of rooms to suit honeymooners, families or groups as well as kids play areas and swimming pool. Our Conference Halls can host from 15 Guests to 300 for a meeting or event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coconut Grove Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Grove Beach Hotel Elmina
- Coconut Grove Beach Elmina
- Coconut Grove Beach Resort Ghana/Elmina