Brenu Beach Lodge
Hotel Loreto(Cape Coast)
Sanaa Lodge(Cape Coast)
  • Pool
  • Pool
Capital Hill Hotel(Cape Coast)
  • Restaurant
Ridge Royal Hotel(Cape Coast)
View Hotel
All reviewspalm treeslobsterclean beachelmina castlebeach experiencean adventurea great place to relaxfresh fishrelaxing weekendview of the oceandidn t worknext morningghanaian dishesfishing villagethe food is greatlaid backcanopy walk
Reviewed January 24, 2013

After spending a few days at the lovely Coconut Grove Beach Resort, just down the road from Brenu, we had high expectations. Brenu did not disappoint. Although it doesn't have the grounds or the grandness of Coconut, it makes up for it in down home family charm and love and the food is exceptional. It is the simplicity of the place that my son and I enjoyed the most. The beach front is all yours with fabulous hammocks just waiting for you to lie down on.

Although we had been warned about the rip tides in Ghana, we found the surf to be perfect for swimming and our favorite....body surfing!

The food is delicious, we ate lobster fresh from the sea every night. Enjoyed ice cold beer and wine and the complementary breakfast is lovely. Fresh fruit, eggs, toast, jam, and coffee.

If you go, you must say hello to the beautiful proprietress, Agnes Naana Boger. She, along with her staff (many of whom are also her family), are delightful and accommodating.

Be aware though, there is another establishment that is going to be the first hotel you will see once you enter the gates to Brenu. It too is called Brenu..but it isn't THE Brenu Beach Resort, it is Brenu "Paradise"...so please, make sure you tell your driver to keep going to the next structure...that is where you want to be! Very important! There is no comparison...you'll know if you are in the wrong place.

Don't expect The Ritz, do expect clean rooms, great HOT showers with terrific water pressure, wonderful air conditioning, and a staff that is beyond compare!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Liz Z
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This place is the cleanest beach I have seen in Ghana, although the waves are a bit rough. Is an adventure swimming in the sea. If you like sea food, I think this the best place for you, I love their food. I didn't use their room but had the opportunity to look at it and it was perfect style and very spacious.

Room Tip: If I was to stay there, I would have chosen the room at the far end if it was available.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank HARUNA8
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here for two days in April, and it was absolutely great!

For us it was classic Africa. Just lazy days spent beneath the shadows of palm trees, a white sandy beach as far as you can see, local boys bringing fresh coco nuts and a cute small local fishing village nearby. The food was great, especially the lobster (not something you can always expect if you are not used to the Ghanaian cuisine).

Absolutely recommended!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Daniel W
Reviewed August 20, 2012

In this outstanding lodge I stayed with my son for 5 nights. After a few weeks traveling through Ghana, this place was a dream to come true! It is a clean place, it has clean rooms, warm water and it is situates at the most beautiful beach of Ghana.
The restaurant is the known as the best restaurant in the region and we tasted it. It was very good. The owner, Agnes, is a very nice lady and she has very friendly and well educated staff, who served and helped us with everything.
If we go back to Ghana: for sure we will stay in this lodge again!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank m_duijkers
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Other than the fact that it was clean, this resort really has nothing going for it. We stayed there for two nights and both nights, there was no power. After the first night, the owner apologized, saying that they had issues with their generator. But when the power went out on night two at 6:30pm and stayed out until 5:45am, well, we were done. I also have to say that there is absolutely no security. People walking to and from the village right next door, sheep (while incredibly cute) overrun the location. While I was looking for peace and quiet, I found a very disconcerting experience at Brenu. I can promise that I'll never be back to that specific resort again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business