“Go elsewhere if you can!”
Review of Hotel Gorica

Hotel Gorica
Ranked #26 of 38 Hotels in Ohrid
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed here for several nights in late September 2012. The hotel itself is outside of town and is not in walking distance to anything. The view is amazing but I can recommend little else. The hotel bar was very expensive, breakfast was mediocre and the rooms were outdated. We were told there was wifi but it only worked in one small area in the lobby if you reminded them to turn the router on.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Been there couple of times and beside the beautiful view, everything else sucked. First of all its overpriced! If it weren't for company bookings I'd never chose it for the second, third...etc time as a place to stay. Its old, slightly refurbished, the food not good, rooms not clean, the balcony is from the '70-ies, staff: rigid, unhelpful, unprofessional, waited 35 minutes at the reception, towels in the bathroom old, the bed was squeaking...If it ain't good enough for couple of nights stay, then what can I say for people planning a holiday? Oh, just to mention, Gorica is at most 3+ star hotel, I just don't get it who named it 5-star?????

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank ArbenImeri
Reviewed August 22, 2012

“Excellent stuff.fantastic view of the lake.near to centre,coffe,bars, etc...big clean rooms,value for money,good bar inside the appartment,safety,outside free parking,return again???sure!” The hotel staff is the best that we have ever seen in our vacations. It is the place where one can feel like home.”

Room Tip: fantastic view of the lake
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lejla n
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Stayed for 3 days as I was attending a conference in the hotel. It is not a five star hotel (which they gave themselves obviously).There are no special facilities in the hotel, my room had no safe and the door to the balcony was not secure. On the plus side, my room was clean and quiet, the staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was o.k. too. However, the shower was sub-standard and did not drain properly. I had a room with a lake-view which was absolutely amazing.
Overall, price was reasonable and I was happy enough with what I got for my money

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We booked a superior lakeview suite and on arrival were taken in an elevator DOWN and then walked for ages to a very tired looking suite with a great view of trees but no lake. Naturally we complained and were immediately taken to another suite on the second floor of only three where the suite had a fantastic view of the beautiful lake and the surrounding snow capped peaks. Since the hotel had very few guests we can't fathom why they tried to fob off such a crappy suite. Although the new one was quite large it was very badly in need of renovation and updating having been built I'd say in the 60's. When we arrived the floor in the bathroom was soaking wet, there was a bulb out in the bathroom so it was very dim and there were only two hangers in the closet. All this was remedied quickly once we asked but we should never have had to ask. The shower stall is so tiny that you have to switch off the water to lather up and the taps themselves are coming off the wall. Worst of al howver is that the bar and patio are right below us so even at 1AM it was very noisy. The breakfast buffet was mediocre and internet access is only available in the lobby but not in the rooms. The grounds are very nice with good walking paths and very scenic. Still our guide told us that this was the best hotel in town which is not saying much.

Room Tip: Whatever you do insist on a lakeview room not the parking lot and make sure it's on the second o...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PeterAZ
Reviewed November 12, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a conference. It's a very good 3-star hotel.
Room is spacious and clean. The service is very friendly.
It's about 2km from the village but it's a nice walk along the lake shore.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 20, 2009

My husband and I stayed here 5 nights for a conference and the view from the room was so peaceful that I couldn't tell whether the sliding glass door was open or closed. If you want a great view with pretty good food, great service (but I suspect it was because we were with a large conference group), and can deal with average furnishings, this is a good choice. My clothing was ironed quickly and while I thought it was a free service, I was charged at check-out. The shower in our room was a handheld showerhead and our holder was broken, so it was hard to shower with one hand! Also, the doors did not close and the bathroom was nearly flooded every day. It is NOT near the town, but a cab ride is worth it. The town of Ohrid is just fabulous and quaint. Overall, we enjoyed our stay, but if you want to be nearer the activities of Ohrid, stay in the town. No "business center," but a computer and printer near the lobby. Wired internet in our room (free) was really fast! No pool, but access to the lake.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business