“Never again!”

Ranked #12 of 37 Hotels in Ohrid
Belgrade, Serbia
“Never again!”
Reviewed July 21, 2011

The hotel is (as I heard) renovated three years ago and you can tell that by the look of the reception desk and the corridors in the hotel - fluffy rugs and sensor lights.
Everything else is terrible!!!

Let's start from the beach: it's not arranged and you can seriously harm yourself trying to enter the lake. Poorly made ​​slippery stairs are a serious problem!

Pool: I have never seen more blurry pool in my life. Some guy told me that it's because the water is thermal, the other one told me that the water is blurry because of the chlorine?!?!?

Rooms: Terrace was cleaned last time centuries ago. Bathtub also - they grew some special mushrooms on it, I'd say... There's no ventilation in the bathroom. Clothes hooks are not well screwed so when you try to hang up a shirt they fell on your head. TV program reception is lousy. There are two radios in a room - none of them is working. Air conditioner is working, but very bad. It worked all day, but at the evening it was 29°C in the room. The reception staff told us that it's because it's too hot outside!? I was in Tunisia and outside it was 47°C and inside 22°C...
We've entered the room in 10:25AM and the cleaning lady still haven't entered the room (it was dirty from the previous guests). They told us that it's because the guests from Finland had a flight in 5AM?!!?

At night you can hear screaming youth on the beach, someone pushing the rusty terrace chair, or people talking very loud...

I think it was the worst day in a hotel in my life.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank GiaBG

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Hotel Bellevue is a good hotel that equals three star standards somewhere else, but it has what it takes - it's modern, the rooms are spacious, especially those that overlook the lake, and the location is just superb, just off the edge of the lake of Ohrid. The staff is polite and friendly just as all the Macedonians tend to be. I would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank Kata23rina
Dusseldorf
Reviewed September 17, 2010

The hotel is a old building, maybe from the 60's. it looks clean and fixed but when you look in the details, they are a lot of small things to take care. The personal in the reception speaks a very very limited English, but the worse is the organization and the charisma which are complete a disaster.
The breakfast and the dinner are included in the price. But are not bad at all, buffet with a better menu in the dinner.

The room was clean and it was done every day. But all the worse ever was the bathroom. It looked clean but for a problem in the drainage, the stink was unbearable and not only in the bathroom but also in the complete room. I spoke to the reception but As I said, the had a complete disaster on the desk so that I could not get other room. And I could not move to other hotel because all was already paid, there was a conference, that means no chance to find other free room in a next hotel.

I can recommend this hotel, because is in from on the Ohrid lake, but before you accept the room, check it out.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank viajeron78
Izmir, Turkey
Reviewed May 30, 2010

This hotel is at the shore of the scenic Lake Ohrid. Half of the rooms have a view to the lake. It is also close to Ohrid and it costs only 210 denars (3.50 euros) to the get to the city centre by taxi, IF you tell the driver to turn on his meter before you get into the car. Otherwise you may get ripped off.

The reception staff was not welcoming and sometimes they appeared to be hostile. The entire hotel staff was lacking good English skills but is was not the language barrier. The reason was the lack of training; it seems that regular people run the hotel. Hospitality and being friendly are two concepts that are not priority here. Everyday we noticed guests complaining about something at the reception desk. We had also a problem with our room and wanted to have another room. We could not solve our problem the first day because of the rude young lady at the reception. The next day the reception was not much different, but after some hassle we were able to have a different room.

Other negatives: Swimming pool was not clean and not lighted during night. Balconies of the rooms were also dirty. All towels were small size. We were not allowed to eat dinners outside. All kinds of beverage are sold and not included in the full board room rate. To sell beverage, the waiters were reluctant to bring out bottles of tap water;only when you ask.

Positives: the view of lake side rooms; dinners were decent with variety

Overall, this hotel lacks the most important feature: hospitality

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank empee3

Travelers are raving about these Ohrid hotels

Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed June 21, 2009

We did a side trip to Ohrid and stayed at the Bellevue hotel for two nights. The hotel was clean and updated, the room was clean specious, had all the amenities that you would find in any western hotel (TV, fridge etc.) including wireless internet in the lobby area. The staff was responsive and helpful. There were two pools, one for kids which we liked and spent the most time at with our children. The hotel is right by the lake and the beach is literally by the hotel (I would say 20 – 25 steps) there were little paddlewheels to rent and a small shop. Bellevue is 7km from the city center and it was convenient to go do sightseeing. The thing that we did not like was the breakfast, there was a poor choice actually not as many choices and it was the same things every morning. We had one lunch the first day when we arrived and it was good, nothing special – we enjoyed the deserts though. I would say this is an good place to stay.

• Stayed June 2009
2 Thank Globaltra
New York City
Reviewed July 20, 2007

Recently, I had this wonderful opportunity to visit a country that I
have never been before.
The main reason was my attendance to the NATO annual summit that was held in a little town of Ohrid.
During my business trip in Ohrid I was accommodated in Bellvue Hotel by Ohrid Lake. I was very surprised and impressed from the hotel and especially from the Management of Bellvue casino. I love gambling and in Ohrid I had a
chance to experience something, I have not seen in Vegas. There is commercial “What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas”, but I would refer that for Ohrid. What happened in Ohrid will stay forever in my memories. Waitress in casino were very friendly and good looking, service was excellent and
atmosphere on a high level. No matter of the output of the night (win or lose) I had a lot of fun and enjoyed every minute of my time. Bellvue Casino was not large in size, but It was busy and looked like everybody enjoyed being there. I even had an unusual chance to meet the Manager of the Casino
himself, who was very pleasant person.
I had never experianced a comfort like this before in my 15 year old gambling experience. I would strongly recommend this vacation spot and casino to any person with
adventure ego. Ohrid has a potential to become mini Vegas on Balkan peninsula.
I work for government agency, and next time I will go to Bellvue Hotel and Casino with 3 of my colleagues. To all the gamblers in America – meet you there.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank RodMcWalters
athens
Reviewed July 18, 2007

Stayed recently at Metropol Lake Resort Ohrid, they have three hotels we stayed at the Bellevue Hotel, In fact i will explain to you that in fact we visited hotel Bellvue in march 2007, and the hotel had just undergone refurbishment and I new the hotel from before but the standards had improved, in march it was unbelievable how the hotel could change so much for Macedonia standards and the service was great the family had a great time. The casino was fantastic new design and great atmosphere,but disappointed with the manager called Adrian who when i discussed with him the problem I had with roulette he had no idea of the rules of the tables and was very rude, very inexperienced manager my feeling he let the casino down. .In the resort there was a nightclub called taboo it had just been opened, what a great club so busy we had to wait over 1 hour ( not so great) but worth waiting for. Security where so professional like any top European nightclub we had great night and rooms where very clean good and food good .
But my next visit was in june2007 for a seminar it was a different story, the hotel had changed so much in many ways the receptionist was not very helpful when I arrived, I needed help with my bags, but they said they had no staff to help and that I had carry my bags. then they give me a room that had not been cleaned, so I had to go all the way down stairs to the receptionist and all they say was that house keeping does not inform them of the rooms that are ready, also the room was very hot ,no air con in the rooms, ( big minus for me ) I asked for a room with air con they said in Metropol Hotel across the road but that would be more expensive .( so don’t visit Bellevue in the hot season )
Majority of the staff were very helpful - if a little difficult to locate at times - BUT the Manager is seriously lacking in customer care skills. He was abrupt upon arrival, hostile on several days during our week and slapdash in his manner when checking us out.
The atmosphere in the hotel had changed from when i was there in March. it seems so depressing , the meals was so bad, we had dinner out in the centre of Ohrid every night.( the hotel is not for fine dinning )
We went to the nightclub once whilst we where there and it was empty and security was sitting around in the club it was so BAD we left after 20 minutes.
It was just like going to a different hotel from when I was there in March, so fellow travellers beware, find another hotel this one is poorly managed and has a very bad atmosphere the hotels are more like a 2 stars not 4 star , but if you need location to the lake then I would recommend the hotel, based on location and helpfulness of most staff-but hope that the owners have the sense before next season to invest in some management and customer care skills training for the managers
Come on Metropol you must do better.

---------------------

• Stayed July 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank brungbi