“Nice place”

Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Ohrid
Perth, Australia
“Nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Hotel appearance and quality above standard for Republic of Macedonia. Rooms spacious and modern, grounds immaculate and relaxing.

Had a few small issues in the room, light switch, curtain rail but nothing which would affect the enjoyment of the stay. Food in restaurant a little pricey but not bad.

Owners very pleasant and accommodating and location quiet & peaceful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Morgan J

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Turkish first
Soest, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

The greatest thing about Aleksandar Villa is the personal touch. We felt like living in our own home but with all the things we miss there. Like a pool, a spa, a cook, maids that clean our room, nice waitresses to look after us, breakfast served and delicious food cooked on demand.

Nothing was to much for Stoyan, his family and his devoted staff.

The rooms are spacious, big enough for our family of four, with a very well equipped bathroom with Jacuzzi. The garden with pool is a quiet place. And with the small number of guest, only 12 rooms, there is always enough space for everybody. Our boys enjoyed the in- and outdoor pool, the children playground, the sauna and the Turkish bath. As the entire premises is fenced it is also a very safe place for children. Although Aleksandar Villa is located in the outskirts of Ohrid the friendly town centre is reached by taxi in a few minutes.

My conclusion: Keep this magnificent place a secret between you and me.

Room Tip: with children ask for a ground floor room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Copenhagen
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

We spent four nights at this lovely place close to Ohrid. The staff went out their way to help with all details and the food was excellent. And yes it is a spa place, our two rooms had their own spa inside and the rooms were quiet spacious and nice.
It's a nice ½ hour walk to Ohrid by the waterfront.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have their own little patio.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Ohrid, Republic of Macedonia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

For the price you pay the only thing you get is a nice view (only on third floor) and a large room. These same things can be found at a number of other more modestly priced hotels.
Its advertised as a spa villa yet the spa is not heated and costs 10 euro per day to use which Is laughable considering it's 90 euro per night for the room. There is a small outdoor unheated spa also, this only turns on fo 4 minutes and an employee has to activate the jets for you so you can imagine how irritating it is if you want to sit in the spa with jets on for 20 minutes.
The restaurants are very overpriced and there is no room service available and outside food is not allowed in the hotel rooms. The hotel is only 4 years old yet the bed is awefull and you roll into the middle of the bed. The towels smell like they havnt been dried properly and are very rough and old.
It's family run and the family are always around, grandparents, parents and small children, this might sound quaint but honestly it's as if we are living in these people's back yard. Awful rude service and nosy owners. I will never recommended this place to anyone ever! Very disappointed

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
14 Thank Veronika A
OwnerAleksandarVilla, General Manager at Aleksandar Villa, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Veronica A,
May I take this opportunity to apologize for not meeting your expectations during your stay at Aleksandar Villa & Spa. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I would have greatly appreciated if only you contacted myself or any of my staff concerning your discomfort during you stay. Regardless, we truly value your feedback, and hope you will give us another chance to show you the true level of service our hotel is capable of.
Do not hesitate to call me directly to discuss at your earliest convenience.
I have had a constructive meeting with all my employees and have carefully looked over each and every aspect of your concerns in order better our overall quality.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was one of the best relaxation holiday i have had so far. It is an amazing property secluded form all the hustle and bustle. You feel like you are in your own palace. It is a good property as there are only 12 apartments and you get to know everyone really well. There is an amazing outdoor and indoor pool with a relaxation center. All the food is home made and the owners are absolutely lovely. We actually got to know them through our stay. This villa will suit anyone. The jacuzzi in the rooms are also fabulous. words cant describe how good this place was.!!!! a definite stay when i go back to Macedonia

Room Tip: All rooms are good rooms.!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank aspa198989
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

After touring for two weeks with a Canadian orchestra thru Albania and Macedonia I decided I needed to find a 2 day getaway for some pampering. I picked the perfect spot! The room was glorious. The bed was like heaven and the bathroom was the most luxurious I had seen since arriving in the Balkins.
I used all of the services...pedicure, manicure, massage, steam and of course the pool. The owners of the hotel treated me like a special guest and made me feel so comfortable. As a woman, arriving on my own it was nice to be acknowledged and treated so special.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone that doesn't want a cookie cutter chain hotel and is looking for a fabulous escape. I will definately go back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank MostlouisVancouver
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

I guess it depends what one is used to, but for the price I paid I could have stayed in the most expensive hotel in Vancouver. The interior is not much better than a motel. It is not clean. The shower flooded, the soaps in the room are so cheap even a motel would have better soaps. Also, this hotel advertises itself as a spa, I did no expect to be kept awake all night, by the children upstairs and across. Very badly insulated. The toilet bowl has still the big stickers on from the place they bought them from. The owner is running around with no shirt on and big golden chain around his neck. The guest were tattooed and I would have expected them more in a motorcycle gang than in a spa hotel. I had booked the hotel for two days. When checking out because of the noise, the hotel had not even the courtesy to only charge me for one night, instead they did something shifty with the bills. Instead of giving me one bill, they gave me two. There was something not ok.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
16 Thank Natalie H
, Owner at Aleksandar Villa, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
It is really unethical and unfair to write such a review ONLY because the guest was charged for their late cancellation in accordance to our hotels cancellation policy. Even in Vancouver hotel cancellation policies purposely do exist and are respectfully obeyed. Hotels in Macedonia are no exception to these industry standard hotel reservation/cancellation policies.
This review is totally untrue.
We carefully look into each and every review in effort to constantly better our service and the guests overall experience in Aleksandar Villa Boutique hotel.