“Best pearl choice”

Eva Perles Pearl Buying
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Maharepa
More attraction details
Owner description: EVA, artist and designer, G.I.A. Pearls Graduate, G.I.A. Accredited Jewelry Professional, combines her artistic flair and 25 years of experience to offer unique and refined works of art. After carefully selecting the most beautiful pearls of Tahiti, Eva takes her passion for this precious gem and creates distinctive jewelry. Whether you are searching for a piece of jewelry that reflects your personality or an exquisite souvenir of your stay in the enchanting islands of Tahiti, you will enjoy a great service and a "no pressure" shopping experience. Each pearl comes with a Certificate of Origin and Authenticity. Look for the turquoise colored flags next to the bank of Tahiti. EVA PERLES will welcome you in an air conditioned gallery with the freshest water (That's oh so welcome on a hot and humid day!).
Fairbanks, Alaska, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best pearl choice”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We visited 10 pearl outlets while on Moorea and Tahiti. My absolute favorite was Eva Perles. They salespeople were tremendous, friendly, informative, and patient. They treated us as if we were the only customers in the world. They did not pressure us and encouraged us to buy within our price range without discouragement. It didn't matter if I was spending $50 or $5000. Loved the experience. Love my pearls!

• Slovak first
Munich, Germany
“so nice!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We travelled to Moorea in Feb 2013. On our tour around the Island we stopped at Eva Perles because we had read some nice reviews about the store. We found a beautiful pearl for my birthday and Eva was extremely kind. We didn´t have the feeling that it was all about selling her pearls but more about passing on her passion for beautiful jewellery! It was a pleasure spending time in her store (and I normally hate jewellery stores)!

Visited February 2013
Novato, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“There is NO place better to purchase pearls than here.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was our second trip to Tahiti. On both of our trips we visited four islands, and went to oodles of pearl stores. It was a wonderful coincidence that we found Eva Pearles on Moorea. Beautiful pearls, set in beautiful settings, and the most wonderful ladies. Eva and Soelie were so warm and genuine that I would never go anywhere else for pearls. Truly the best place to enjoy and purchase pearls.

Los Angeles, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Such a Delight and Warm Spirit!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Originally I had not even thought about pearls when I was planning our trip but after doing some research on what to see and do, Eva was a must stop for pearl shopping! (That review was spot on)!!

Not only is her shop cute, brite and colorful from the outside it is a match for the personality of Eva herself. Upon arival she was with other customers and giving such detail on how to shop for a peral, what to look for, the difference in color, shape etc..

She has such a collection of unique perals, different styles of braclets, earrings, pendants and so forth. Every item is hand made by Eva herself and if you want something different she is will to create anything your heart desires (with enough time of course) so plan accordingly for your stay in Moorea.

She was such a delight to speak with, she was so forthcoming and patient in allowing me to try on various items, to walk outside so that I could see how the pearl looks with natural light. As I narrowed my choices down, she was very detailed on what type of locks I wanted for my bracelet, how tight I might want it and what looked better.

She took her time to explain to us how cutoms works, how we can get our taxes back and even a few days later when I was unsure of the details she was more then happy to explain them to us all over again.

Aside from the perals she gave us great advice on where to see the most beautiful sunrise (right above the Sofitel hotel, there is a lookout point) we even saw Eva and her husband that early morning bikeriding as she said she does every morning. She even advised us on where to get some delicious fresh seafood (Mahana Snack the crusted mahi w/coconut milk amazing "it does get packed at lunch time, its small and cash only")!!

Overall Eva was just sheer perfection as an peral artist, salesperson and genuine person. If there were only more Eva's out in the retail world. Thank you Eva!!

Budapest, Hungary
“Simply wonderful!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We went to Eva Perles based on Trip Advisor reviews. We almost found them hard to believe as they were so glowing, but we had to find our for ourselves. In short: it's true.

Eva Frachon is a lovely lady who took the time to educate us about pearls - their forms, colors, styles, grades, how they're cultured - sort of a "Pearls 101" for the novice. The attention she gave us was greatly appreciated and we feel we now understand why pearls are so special and unique.

We didn't shop anywhere else nor did we compare prices at other stores. We liked Eva, her no-pressure style (she recommended some of her lower-priced pieces for some of the gifts we were buying) and her collection so much, we decided to do our shopping exclusively there. Her collection is unique with a slant toward a more artsy style - exactly the kind of unique pieces we like.

Allow time - Eva will give you all the time you want and need to understand pearls as well as look at her extensive collection. We enjoyed our time with her and in her store so much, we completely lost track of how much time we spent there!

Visited February 2013