“If you ever go to any restaurant when you are in Moorea, make sure you go here!”
Review of Moorea Beach Cafe

Moorea Beach Cafe
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Maharepa
Cuisines: French, Pizza, Grill, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cafe-Restaurant au bord du lagon. Cadre Paradisiaque pour une Cuisine Gastronomique Nouvelle ! Nous sommes ouvert 7 jours sur 7 de 11h30 a 21h00 si le temps le permet !Dans son cadre unique au bord du Lagon, au centre de Maharepa, Moorea Beach Cafe vous offre un nouveau concept gastronomique au gout local dans une ambiance musicale d'exception. Hotel Pickup sur demande - Free Hotel Pickup on demandFree Internet - Connection Internet Gratuite
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just left this restaurant. We had a 6:00 reservation but finished our errands and arrived there at the restaurant at 5:00. Jerome said it was no problem and seated us at the table of our choice as one would expect since we were the only ones there at that early time. We didn't leave till 2 and 1/2 hours later and the place was almost full.

After a cocktail for my husband and wine for me we ordered. I had the lamb shank with cous cous and hubby had the fish special of the day: grilled grouper wrapped in pastry.

To day that this was a wonderful meal would be an understatement! Grouper was prepared perfectly and was a Huge portion. I have never ordered any kind if meat shank, veal or lamb and had two huge shanks presented in a wonderful sauce. That's right, TWO huge shanks that melted in your mouth!

If you have been to French Polynesia you know that prices are pretty high, but this dinner was MORE than worth the money.

You need to try it!

Reviewed December 8, 2013

So this place has a lot of positive reviews. And it was recommended by the Hilton. And when we went to dinner here, several other couples from Hilton were there too. Everyone seemed to like it but us. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't that good. To put this in perspective, we live in Chicago and have amazing restaurants. We have also traveled and eaten all over the world. Perhaps our tastes are different than other reviewers. But honestly, this place was just ok. The service was very good and the owner came by to see us, which was nice, but the food was unremarkable. My husband had the mahi in pastry. The mahi was badly overdone. I mean, it was tough and rubbery. We should have sent it back. The sauce that was on the plate was sweet -- like a creme anglaise. It would have been good for dessert, but it was just wrong on the overdone fish and pastry. The pastry -- parts of it were good but the bottom was glutiny and and raw. It just wasn't cooked right. I orderd pork belly. I love pork belly. This was better than my husbands, but it was swimming in a brown gravy sauce. Too much sauce. And way too salty. I LOVE SALT! But this was like a salt lick. As an appetizer, we ordered the poisson cru. Again, it was ok, but not great. Lacked flavor and unlike the pork belly, it could have used some salt! I think Moorea Beacu Cafe should go over to Snack Mahana and have their poisson cru. Maybe get some pointers on how to improve theirs.

Now, Morrea Beach Cafe does a susent prix fixe, which is a nice price -- roughly $38-42 for three courses -- I think. If you aren't that in to food, then maybe this is a good option for you. The setting is pretty, and as I said before, the staff is really nice.

1  Thank jag_7896
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Location was perfect, within walking distance of the Moorea Pearl Resort. The staff was very attentive and friendly, true Tahitian hospitality. The food was refreshingly different from "standard fare,", beautiful presentation, and very flavorful; reasonably priced. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We came here for dinner during our stay to Moorea. The café has a free pickup service but as we had rented the car that day, we drove there ourselves. Parking is very easy as so few people drive.

The café has only outdoor seating, close to the waters edge so you can see the sea life float by. We were seated at one of the tables closest to the water and so we had the opportunity to see a sting ray go past during our meal.

I ordered the pork cheek with coconut risotto and my husband had the fish of the day in filo dough. We didn't order any entrees as we were planning to order a dessert to share. We waited what seem like forever for our mains. It was a good 30+mins wait for the main. We saw a boat and a person with a flash light in the distance and joked to ourselves that they had to go and catch the fish as they had run out. After waiting half an hour and seeing other tables that arrived after us get their food, we hailed a waiter only to be told that the fish takes time to cook. Surely they could have told us this when we ordered it? We were hungry but waiting 30+mins for our mains is not justifiable. We were given complimentary bread, but only 5 mins before the mains came out. That aside, the food was very good; my pork cheeks were very succulent and my husband's fish was baked in pastry which he found different but yummy. Very well proportioned as we were very full after our mains, but there's always room for dessert! For dessert, we had the chocolate lava cake accompanied with banana ice-cream, which was recommended by our waiter - we had never had banana ice-cream before and it was very nice!

Prices are a bit steep, but this is normal in Moorea. Service and communication can be improved but the food is wonderful. A nice place to dine out to outside the hotel.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

The setting is gorgeous, just past Cook's bay and directly on the water. You'll sit literally 3' feet from the water and can see the reef sharks and rays go by. The decor is very modern, chic, NYC-ish, but the pace, vibe and seating are comfortable.

The food was excellent. I had a gluten and dairy free meal (quinoa salad) one night, and a coconut risotto the second. Amazing and fresh sorbet for dessert.

My husband had beef dishes and a molten chocolate cake (fondant): he is still talking about both.

Our server was attentive and friendly, very accomodating regarding my food allergies. The owner and his wife mingle around.

We were picked up, free of charge, from the Hilton Moorea. I would highly highly recommend eating here - during the evening or especially during the day for the view. The setting, value and food were so so much better than Rudy's (skip!), Hono Iti, Le Mahogany, Le Martinez (all of which the Hilton will push on you).

Prices were French Polynesia typical/expensive ... I think my quinoa meal was around $24 US, I can't quite remember, but we both ate, ate dessert, and had drinks for around $100. The second time we didn't drink and had only one dessert, that was around $80.