Subject: Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort
Location: Maharepa, Moorea, Society Islands, French Polynesia, South Pacific
Title: yes, it is paradise!
A few days on the beautiful island of moorea, a few nights at the beautiful sofitel resort....a great introduction to French Polynesia before our 2 week trip to the Marquesas on the Aranui. The accommodation and restaurant are not inexpensive, but then, nothing in Polynesia is, and it really was a great place to be spoiled for a few days.
We liked the location of our beach bungalow, with the wonderful warm and turquoise waters of the lagoon a few steps from our verandah and great access to some very good snorkelling! Better, we thought, than the overwater bungalows They look very romantic and private, but we had better access to the beach and the view.
Breakfast, which was included, was excellent, with a vast and varied selection of everything from fruit to omelettes to pastries, and good coffee. the restaurant was also a lovely setting for dinner, which was also good. As noted elsewhere, it is necessary to take a taxi to eat at another restaurant, but Moorea is charming and peaceful because it is a rural island, without a lot of development. We did take a taxi one night to Mahogany, a small and popular restaurant not far away.
And a pickup by van was just part of the deal for a boat tour of the lagoon that we arranged through a local company connected to Moorea tourist board, Hiro's Tours (highly recommended for a day of pleasant cruising and a great introduction to the area at a reasonable price).
As for the Sofitel personnel, they were well trained and warmly welcoming and accommodating, dealing with our few minor problems quickly and efficiently. In all, an excellent experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort is located on the North-East Coast of the island, just 5 minutes away from Temae airport, Vaiare ferries docks, the 18 holes international golf course designed by Jack Nicklaus®. This landmark hotel is built on the longest and most beautiful white sand beach of the island, within a protected marine area maintained by the CRIOBE®.From this hotel, guests have a unique panoramic view on the lagoon and the island of Tahiti. The hotel offers a wide range of accommodation with a total of 113 Luxury Bungalows located in the gardens, directly on the beach or over the water. Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora has the only Luxury Beach Bungalows on Moorea that have unobstructed views of the island of Tahiti, located directly on the beach. Historically, this hotel is the first of the island that built bungalows over the water. Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora has now the largest Luxury Overwater Bungalows in Moorea (83 sq. meters).Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora also features 1 Luxury Villa with 2 bedrooms (150 sq.meters). It has 2 bathrooms, 1 lounge, 1 deck and 1 outdoor jacuzzi®, with a direct access into the lagoon and panoramic views of the island of Tahiti.Dine in Polynesian authenticity at the Pure restaurant with outdoor terrace dining offering complimentary and traditional dance shows every night or choose the barefoot elegance of K restaurant, gourmet dining, feet in the sand experience, with a unique dance show.For light snacks and exotic cocktails or premium alcohols while admiring the view, try the Vue bar overlooking the infinity pool, the lagoon and Tahiti with weekly live concerts. For light snacks and exotic cocktails during a farniente day on the beach, only steps away from the lagoon, try the Beach bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Cancelon, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Hotel Maharepa
- Sofitel Moorea Beach Resort
- Sofitel Maharepa
- Maharepa Sofitel
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort French Polynesia