$547
$163
$718
Hilton
  • Pool
InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa(Papetoai)(Great Value!)
$456
$442
$319
$293
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $358/night.

Hotel Hibiscus(Papetoai)(Great Value!)
$142
$387
$342
$117
$219
3,237 results
All reviewsgarden bungalowour honeymoonfishfrench polynesialuxury overwater bungalowvue barrented a cardinner buffetoutdoor showerbeach bartravel agentlagoon viewbeautiful propertysnorkel geardream come trueentire stayclear water
Reviewed January 18, 2014

My wife and I had high expectations when we booked this property based on the reviews and the resort's website. I am happy to share that even with these high expectations, the Sofitel Moorea property and staff exceeded our expectations in basically every way!!

We stayed in one of the rooms over the water and they were amazing. The rooms were extremely clean and well kept.

We arrived early in the morning and our room was not ready. The staff kept our bags and advised what time we should check back. We check back at that time and not only was our room ready, the bags had already been delivered to the room.

As you would likely expect, food is expensive all over the island (in comparison to prices here at home) so count on the hotel's food and drinks being higher (as with any hotel) but with the base prices of food being high, be prepared.... There is a grocery store about 2.5 miles from the hotel (a nice walk or great bike ride - rent the bikes from the hotel). We picked up breakfast bars and because we don't eat much for breakfast that worked fine for us and saved us about $70 a day.

The only item I could come up with to share in regards to a recommendation from improvement was for them to offer free WiFi for the guests. You can purchase WiFi and for a fair price; however, in this day and age, free WiFi is almost expected to be included in the room fees.

We rode bikes (when we were not diving with the dive center on location) and checked out some of the other hotels. The location of this hotel is far nicer than the other locations and very close to the airport. This is the only hotel (I believe) where you can see Tahiti from your room.

Room Tip: Stay over the water. Ask for a room closer to the end of the pier as you will have a better view of Tahiti and the lagoon water is a little deeper at that end.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tony A
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Absolutely gorgeous hotel. We stayed in a luxury bungalow and the accommodations were amazing. We loved having a bungalow over the water and being able to swim right from our bungalow. It has one of the best beaches in the world. The location was great; right across from Tahiti. The service was top notch. Tematai (the wind) at the reception desk was unbelievably attentive and referred to me daily by my last name (which is quite complicated!!) I would highly recommend this resort!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We were a party of 6 staying for 7 nights. We arrived 12:45 and after our 'welcome' lei and pineapple juice, and all the usual paperwork, we were told to come back at 14:00 when our rooms would be ready. We took a walk around the resort to see where our rooms were, then had lunch in the bar.
Check-in was reasonably quick and done in the lounge area which was nice. Our 3 bungalows, 323 (lagoon), 203 (overwater) and 106 (luxury overwater was an upgrade) were not close to each other but we could use the in-room phones to call room-to-room so it wasnt too bad. I was reluctant to book only 1 overwater and 1 lagoon for the kids but it seems the way to go - just book 1 overwater and all rest garden or lagoon, and everyone 'lives' in the overwaters during the day, some had 6 or more people in them.

PROS- luggage was transported both to and from rooms by sofitel/ bungalows 103 and 206 had complimentary slippers/ sunrise was gorgeous/ they allowed a late checkout on 2 of our rooms so we could take the powerboat out late morning then shower again & check-out, have lunch then head to the ferry/ always felt welcomed the staff were all exceptionally friendly always saying bonjour or Ia Ora na/ great for families was many families there/ towels constantly replaced and stocks always replenished and beds turned down/ beautiful clear ocean and nice beach/ nespresso machine in 103 and 206 overwaters/ and a special shout-out to Heinz our breakie chef..your crepes, omelettes, pancakes and french toast rock Heinz!

CONS- only 3 kayaks and 2 paddleboards wasnt enough for our party of 6 to all go out at once on the same watercraft plus you had to pay for them/ wasnt told their was free hour wi-fi daily for loyalty program even though on check-in I advised I was a loyalty member and paid for some wi-fi- would have been nice to be advised rather than reading on TripAdvisor afterwards/ HappyHour was only for cocktails not even softdrinks or spirits or beer/ we were asked to be quiet in the pool when someone was having an outside massage in the day spa nextdoor - we were only laughing maybe the dayspa shouldnt be near the pool/ internet only sometimes worked in bungalows you really needed to go to reception or bar areas for stronger connection, couldnt even make phonecalls at times from the overwaters/ 2 water bottles on arrival never replaced/ a gym would have been great but we knew there wasnt one/ and finally the location lets it down-you are no-where near anything the cheapest taxi is 2000XPF oneway for up to about 10-15mins then 2500XPF for a little further and around 4500XPF for around near Tiki village best to make use of free pickups for pearl shops, tiki village dinner/show and the few local restaurants that will pickup from Sofitel.

Overall we had a great time, yeh the staff were slow at times but we put that down to Tahiti time and went with it. Take mozzie spray even though there are less mozzies at the overwater bungalows. Geckos are around alot of the bungalows but they eat the mozzies so they are good to have around, all of our bungalows had a resident gecko either inside or outside you could hear them at night. Helps if you know both some Polynesian French as well French, some people we met around the island had very limited English plus it was a bit of fun having a go at their language. Make sure you get the buffet breakie included as its a chance to skip lunch or have a very light lunch as food is very expensive in French Polynesia.

Room Tip: 203 overwater was great it looked out to sea rather than out at other bungalows direct, 323 lagoon view was further up the lagoon so again good views out to the lagoon rather than out at other bungalows. overwater bungalows had a 'squarer' balcony less rain came in you could sit outside when raining compared to the luxury overwaters that had a longer balcony but not much protection from the rain.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank LeanneOakhurst
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed at Sofitel from December 22 through December 28th. It was the most beautiful, scenic, amazing place I have ever seen. We had read alot of negative comments on people not being friendly and restaurant not being attentive. Well, let me tell you, it is NOT true. All the staff at Sofitel was friendly and spoke English!!! Make sure you go on the jet ski tour, you swim with sharks and manta rays. It was amazing. Also go on the quad tour with Phillipe, he was very knowledgeable about Moorea. My husband and I woke up before sunrise and walked the beach. The sunrise was amazing. I just have so many good things to say about this place that it would take me all day!!! If you ever make it to Moore, please choose Sofitel!!!!!!

Room Tip: Room 115, 119, 120, amazing views of Tahiti, especially at night!!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Maria D
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed here for five nights and had been upgraded to a luxury overwater bungalow. The hotel staff didn't even tell me I had been upgraded at check-in, they just drove me and my bag to what would be my lovely overwater home for the next six days. Wonderful! The overwater bungalow has a deck with two chaises and a lower kind of landing dock with a rinsing shower and ladder down to the water. Kind of like having your own private beach; most people lay out on the deck or landing dock rather than go to the beach even though the beach has a bar.

The room had these great louvered windows that opened out casement style if you wanted to get more breezes in the room. There is a mosquito net around the bed but I never had any problems with bugs while I was there. The shower has an interesting feature with two glass doors that open to the outside. You can't shower outdoors but you can let fresh air into the shower while maintaining your privacy. There is also a panel in the floor of the room that allows you to see the water underneath from inside the room.

If you're a member of the hotel's loyalty program you can get one hour of free WiFi access every 24 hours. There are two bottles of water in your hotel room upon check in, but strangely they are not replaced during your stay, which is unlike any other hotel I visited in French Polynesia. Breakfast was included in my stay and the buffet had great variety.

The concierge is incredibly helpful and gives great recommendations on island excursions and the like. Even when a certain excursion was sold out, she was able to find a great alternative by contacting another company.

Room Tip: Bungalow 102 is pretty far from 100 so it's like you only have one neighbor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo