We stayed here in a beach bungalow for the first half of our honeymoon and loved it! Some will note that it is right near the airport, but you have to put that into context - you are not next to a giant international airport with multiple flights per hour - you will notice a handful of small planes that whir in throughout the day. We spent a lot of time at the pool and on our deck and either did not hear planes, or did not really think they impacted our stay or our ability to enjoy the peacefulness.
The beach here was beautiful and coral to explore right off the sand. The resort lends snorkeling and other water sport equipment for free which was great on days that we felt like being more leisurely and did not venture into the island. The food at the resort was good, but similar to Bora Bora, we found that the quality, variety and value of food was much better if you left the resort and took restaurant recommendations.
The pool area (infinity pool) was clean, private and relaxing, which was a truly great way to begin our honeymoon. The grounds were well-kept and peaceful.
The beach bungalows were great and the deck overlooking the lagoon was a great way to enjoy a morning coffee or an evening cocktail.
We did find that there were much more mosquitoes in Moorea than Bora Bora. We took advice from our travel agent and brought a citronella candle with us for our deck and I always had bug spray on!
Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel for its all-around good service and amenities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort is located on the North-East Coast of the island, just 5 minutes away from Temae airport, Vaiare ferries docks, the 18 holes international golf course designed by Jack Nicklaus®. This landmark hotel is built on the longest and most beautiful white sand beach of the island, within a protected marine area maintained by the CRIOBE®.From this hotel, guests have a unique panoramic view on the lagoon and the island of Tahiti. The hotel offers a wide range of accommodation with a total of 113 Luxury Bungalows located in the gardens, directly on the beach or over the water. Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora has the only Luxury Beach Bungalows on Moorea that have unobstructed views of the island of Tahiti, located directly on the beach. Historically, this hotel is the first of the island that built bungalows over the water. Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora has now the largest Luxury Overwater Bungalows in Moorea (83 sq. meters).Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora also features 1 Luxury Villa with 2 bedrooms (150 sq.meters). It has 2 bathrooms, 1 lounge, 1 deck and 1 outdoor jacuzzi®, with a direct access into the lagoon and panoramic views of the island of Tahiti.Dine in Polynesian authenticity at the Pure restaurant with outdoor terrace dining offering complimentary and traditional dance shows every night or choose the barefoot elegance of K restaurant, gourmet dining, feet in the sand experience, with a unique dance show.For light snacks and exotic cocktails or premium alcohols while admiring the view, try the Vue bar overlooking the infinity pool, the lagoon and Tahiti with weekly live concerts. For light snacks and exotic cocktails during a farniente day on the beach, only steps away from the lagoon, try the Beach bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Hotel Maharepa
- Sofitel Moorea Beach Resort
- Sofitel Maharepa
- Maharepa Sofitel
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort French Polynesia