We had a great luxury beach bungalow. I'd recommend these rooms over the overwater bungalows because the beach here is really nice. Keep in mind the mosquitoes can be problematic. Thought the bed was a little hard.
Dinners at the bar and main restaurant were great. However, breakfast is VERY overpriced.
Location is great if all you're doing is coming from the airport or ferry and then staying at the resort. However, if you want to explore the island, especially the down, by car or scooter, it's a long ways to the other side of the island.
Staff was great for the most part, but never felt warm.
However, the most infuriating thing was their WiFi setup. If it's not complimentary for you, it's very expensive. I was supposed to have free internet all the time, but to get it they only publish codes that are good for 5 hours of use. Then you have to go back and get another code. You have to make sure you sign out manually or the clock keeps ticking. So if you check your email before bed, and then want to check when you wake up but forgot to manually sign off, you have to go back to the front desk and get a new code. Plus, it's very slow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort is located on the North-East Coast of the island, just 5 minutes away from Temae airport, Vaiare ferries docks, the 18 holes international golf course designed by Jack Nicklaus®. This landmark hotel is built on the longest and most beautiful white sand beach of the island, within a protected marine area maintained by the CRIOBE®.From this hotel, guests have a unique panoramic view on the lagoon and the island of Tahiti. The hotel offers a wide range of accommodation with a total of 113 Luxury Bungalows located in the gardens, directly on the beach or over the water. Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora has the only Luxury Beach Bungalows on Moorea that have unobstructed views of the island of Tahiti, located directly on the beach. Historically, this hotel is the first of the island that built bungalows over the water. Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora has now the largest Luxury Overwater Bungalows in Moorea (83 sq. meters).Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora also features 1 Luxury Villa with 2 bedrooms (150 sq.meters). It has 2 bathrooms, 1 lounge, 1 deck and 1 outdoor jacuzzi®, with a direct access into the lagoon and panoramic views of the island of Tahiti.Dine in Polynesian authenticity at the Pure restaurant with outdoor terrace dining offering complimentary and traditional dance shows every night or choose the barefoot elegance of K restaurant, gourmet dining, feet in the sand experience, with a unique dance show.For light snacks and exotic cocktails or premium alcohols while admiring the view, try the Vue bar overlooking the infinity pool, the lagoon and Tahiti with weekly live concerts. For light snacks and exotic cocktails during a farniente day on the beach, only steps away from the lagoon, try the Beach bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Hotel Maharepa
- Sofitel Moorea Beach Resort
- Sofitel Maharepa
- Maharepa Sofitel
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort French Polynesia