We recently stayed at the Sofitel Moorea on our honeymoon. We arrived early in the morning and the staff greeted us with leis and pineapple juice. They were very helpful in explaining the property to us. All of the staff at the resort were very accomodating and happy to help us with anything we asked.
We stayed in a superior lagoon view bungalow and loved it. Two things that stick out related to the room:1)the view of the lagoon from our private deck was great and we were able to see many different kinds of fish and crabs roaming about. very cool. 2) the shower setup in the room was the best I have seen with a glass door facing outside toward flowers and other vegatation (dont worry there is a privacy fence).
The grounds were well kept and pool area was comfortable. We also enjoyed the spa service. We were surprised that there were some little kids at the resort, but I guess this confirms that people bring their kids EVERYWHERE in the world.
The food at the K restaurant within the resort was well prepared and the tamara buffet on Thursday exceeded my expectations. I was surprised by the quality as I had read negative reviews of the food in general in French Polynesia before going there. Another note I would make is that French Polynesia is very EXPENSIVE so do your research before you go and know what you are gettin into. If you're prepared for the prices you will have the time of your life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort is located on the North-East Coast of the island, just 5 minutes away from Temae airport, Vaiare ferries docks, the 18 holes international golf course designed by Jack Nicklaus®. This landmark hotel is built on the longest and most beautiful white sand beach of the island, within a protected marine area maintained by the CRIOBE®.From this hotel, guests have a unique panoramic view on the lagoon and the island of Tahiti. The hotel offers a wide range of accommodation with a total of 113 Luxury Bungalows located in the gardens, directly on the beach or over the water. Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora has the only Luxury Beach Bungalows on Moorea that have unobstructed views of the island of Tahiti, located directly on the beach. Historically, this hotel is the first of the island that built bungalows over the water. Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora has now the largest Luxury Overwater Bungalows in Moorea (83 sq. meters).Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora also features 1 Luxury Villa with 2 bedrooms (150 sq.meters). It has 2 bathrooms, 1 lounge, 1 deck and 1 outdoor jacuzzi®, with a direct access into the lagoon and panoramic views of the island of Tahiti.Dine in Polynesian authenticity at the Pure restaurant with outdoor terrace dining offering complimentary and traditional dance shows every night or choose the barefoot elegance of K restaurant, gourmet dining, feet in the sand experience, with a unique dance show.For light snacks and exotic cocktails or premium alcohols while admiring the view, try the Vue bar overlooking the infinity pool, the lagoon and Tahiti with weekly live concerts. For light snacks and exotic cocktails during a farniente day on the beach, only steps away from the lagoon, try the Beach bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Hotel Maharepa
- Sofitel Moorea Beach Resort
- Sofitel Maharepa
- Maharepa Sofitel
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort French Polynesia