We stayed at this hotel for the first 3 nights of our honeymoon. The ride from the airport was short and easy, were picked up by a shuttle that was organized by our travel agent. We were greeted with cold towels and pineapple juice, both were needed after a whole day of traveling! They even have showers for guests to use before the rooms are ready. We arrived about 10 am, so we had plenty of time to sit by the gorgeous infinity pool and take in some of the breathtaking sites. Every picture we took at this resort looks like a postcard, its incredible! We loved a lot of things about this resort, starting with the friendliness of the staff. The food was excellent for resort food, which is good considering there are not too many restaurants in Moorea that would provide transportation. We had most of our meals at Pure Restaurant, which is located next to the pool. The food was not as overpriced as everyone says it will be. The hamburger was our favorite item on the menu. Breakfast was excellent as well, you eat right on the water. A beautiful way to start the day! I would highly recommend using our travel agent, Pacific for Less, as they made our trip easy, organized and extremely affordable! I look forward to working with them again. I would definitely go back to this hotel!
Just don't forge the bug spray!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort is located on the North-East Coast of the island, just 5 minutes away from Temae airport, Vaiare ferries docks, the 18 holes international golf course designed by Jack Nicklaus®. This landmark hotel is built on the longest and most beautiful white sand beach of the island, within a protected marine area maintained by the CRIOBE®.From this hotel, guests have a unique panoramic view on the lagoon and the island of Tahiti. The hotel offers a wide range of accommodation with a total of 113 Luxury Bungalows located in the gardens, directly on the beach or over the water. Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora has the only Luxury Beach Bungalows on Moorea that have unobstructed views of the island of Tahiti, located directly on the beach. Historically, this hotel is the first of the island that built bungalows over the water. Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora has now the largest Luxury Overwater Bungalows in Moorea (83 sq. meters).Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora also features 1 Luxury Villa with 2 bedrooms (150 sq.meters). It has 2 bathrooms, 1 lounge, 1 deck and 1 outdoor jacuzzi®, with a direct access into the lagoon and panoramic views of the island of Tahiti.Dine in Polynesian authenticity at the Pure restaurant with outdoor terrace dining offering complimentary and traditional dance shows every night or choose the barefoot elegance of K restaurant, gourmet dining, feet in the sand experience, with a unique dance show.For light snacks and exotic cocktails or premium alcohols while admiring the view, try the Vue bar overlooking the infinity pool, the lagoon and Tahiti with weekly live concerts. For light snacks and exotic cocktails during a farniente day on the beach, only steps away from the lagoon, try the Beach bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, ACCOR, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Hotel Maharepa
- Sofitel Moorea Beach Resort
- Sofitel Maharepa
- Maharepa Sofitel
- Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort French Polynesia