$547
Hotel Kaveka(Maharepa)(Great Value!)
$177
$144
  • Beachfront
Village Temanoha(Cook's Bay)(Great Value!)
$118
$665
$582
  • Pool
InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa(Papetoai)(Great Value!)
$456
$441
$319
$293
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $349/night.

Hotel Hibiscus(Papetoai)(Great Value!)
$155
$137
Agoda.com
$386
$342
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $378/night.

$117
$102
Priceline
3,236 results
All reviewsgarden bungalowour honeymoonfishfrench polynesialuxury overwater bungalowvue barrented a cardinner buffetoutdoor showerbeach bartravel agentlagoon viewbeautiful propertysnorkel geardream come trueentire stayclear water
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Sofitel Hotel resort in Moorea is stunning. Sadly to say, I cancelled my reservation on comments that was made on tripadvisor and regret my decision. After booking in at the Pearl Resort on the advise that the resort was smaller and more intimate, and the service was great (which it was especially at the front desk by Olivia and Karen - thanks guys) I thought we should check out the Sofitel. Well we were blown away, and the comments about bad service was false - the guys there went out of their way hence we went there for lunch and dinner the 5 days we stayed in Moorea. The Pearl was great but did lack in the food and beverage side both on the actual food and service provided (terrible if I had to be honest). Part from that we would stay at the SOfitel next time we go to Moorea.

Last but not least, stay in the overwater bungalows - having been upgraded to the Premium Overwater bungalow at the Pearl we couldn't drag us away from that and decided to stay another night but eating at the Sofitel.

Will - Auckland, New Zealand

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank William K
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Going into this trip I was somewhat unsure as to what I should expect. There are a lot of amazing reviews for the Sofitel and then there are a few iffy ones. My experience fell in-line with those who had an excellent experience. After spending 6 days at the Sofitel and having time to explore the island and other hotels, I am extremely happy with our selection.

When speaking with friends about the trip and making recommendations for their future travel it always seems to come down to the Sofitel or the Hilton on Moorea. At their core the hotels are very similar. In my opinion the Sofitel's design, finishes etc were much more up-to-date and polished. The Hilton was also nice, but it felt a bit dated and perhaps too American for what we were looking for (we didn't fly across the Pacific for an American experience). If I were to break down the difference between these 2 hotels it would be the style of service (not to be mistaken for quality). At the Hilton you sit down at the beach or the pool and shortly there after a staffer will be there asking you if you are interested in a beverage etc. At the Sofitel however, employees are more than happy to greet you with a hello (na-nah) and a smile and then stay out of your way. If you need something they are there and ready to help.

In terms of the rooms. We spent the first 2/3 of our trip in a Overwater Luxury Bungalow and it was awesome. Comfortable, clean, fun, cool, etc. It was a great experience. As someone who has not stayed in Moorea, Bora Bora prior ... it was everything I hoped for and maybe a little bit more. The latter 1/3 of our stay was spent in a Lagoon view Bungalow. The room was not quite as nice as the Overwater Bungalow, but had we not stayed in a Luxury Bungalow first I doubt I would have any meaningful complaints (other than a lack of a tub).

With any business I think a good recommendation boils down to a single question: "Would you go back?". With my experience at the Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort, the answer is a resounding yes. I got everything I wanted out of the trip and I am far from easy to please as a customer. So, in summary: excellent hotel, excellent staff, excellent experience, the list goes on. Offline I highly recommend this hotel, online I will do the same.

Room Tip: Non "luxury" rooms do not have tubs.
9  Thank zebuzz
Reviewed November 28, 2011

My husband and I had a wonderful 5 days holiday in Sofitel Moorea. We stayed 2 nights in the luxury garden bunglow and 3 nights in the luxury overwater bunglow. All the rooms are very nice and well designed, they are very spacious, the garden bunglow suprisinly had a very good ocean view, and very very close to the beach, and the beach is the best in the island with nice reefs and different color of blue. The overwater bunglow is so beautiful and right over the water, we stayed in room 120 which located in the end and had both veiws of the ocean and Tahiti, it is the best, the reef is great and the snockelling is just off the bunglow deck.
The service of the hotel is superb, and the food is great too, I have no complaints about anything. I also had a great massage in the spa, and I only paid the half of the price as they had november promotion. The pearl cocktail conference is great too, I leant a lot about black pearls. I really enjoyed the dinner at the K restaurant, and they have the most beautiful and elegant dance show. It is really the heaven.
We rent a car and drove around the island, it was very nice, we visited Hilton Moorea, It was nice, but not as good as Sofitel, as Hilton only has a small beach, not as private as Sofitel.
I will highly ecomended this hotel and overwater bunglow. I will definately go back again.

Room Tip: If you choose to stay luxury overwater bunglow: 117,119,121&120 are the best. If you want to book the jet sky tour just remind you they will charge 100% fees if you want to cancel the same day and 50% fees if you cancel in 24 hours. If you have accor advantage plus card, you will have 50% off your meals (drinks is not included) in the Pure restaurant which will save you a lot of money.
8  Thank tofel
Reviewed November 25, 2011

My husband and I have returned from our French Polynesia vacation after a three Island visit. Four days in Papeete, Tahiti, four days in Moorea and seven days in Bora Bora. This is our first visit & would love to go back sometime and visit/stay at other islands as well. We really liked the Sofitel & would return. The food, drinks, local Tahitian wine, accommodations & staff were all good, no complaints. The snorkelling was the best overall from the three islands. Everyday we would snorkel right from our bungalow and saw many species of fish along with stingrays. We even saw a humpback whale right from our bungalow. It stayed for about two hours just on the other side of the reef & was constantly breaching, just beautiful. We took the two hour Moorea Jet Ski Tours with Jean-Pierre organised from the hotel & went swimming with the stingrays & did a shark encounter. This excursion was very enjoyable. We liked seeing a bit of the island from a water vantage point and the Sofitel definitely has the best beach & the beautiful turqoise waters that are so inviting.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room #214 which is a Superior Overwater Bungalow. We loved the location of the bungalow for overall view of Moorea, the lagoon, snorkelling and privacy. We looked around at other bungalows & liked our location. Just a note to keep in mind is that the Superior Bungalow has one lounge chair on the smaller second level outdoor sundeck and the larger deck that you step out onto from your room has two nice cushioned resin wicker chairs with an ottoman/table (this deck also provides shade and keeps you out of the rain). My husband moved one of the chairs to the smaller deck to get some sun and I used the lounger, which is tethered to the deck, but you are able to move the lounger around. The luxury overwater bungalows have a different deck and offer two loungers, but provide no coverage from rain or sun. You have to decide what is to your liking.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Tropical_Holidays
Reviewed November 20, 2011

We loved the placement of the hotel. It is all by itself and contained by a barrier reef about a mile long which makes for peaceful waters and good snorkeling between the bungalows. The service was adequate at best and there was no manager to be found at all. Beds are also hard as rocks. Not bad if you like a hard bed but if you like some fluff then it is not for you.

Room Tip: Bungalows on right side have bigger balconies.