“We will return”

Manava Beach Resort & Spa - Moorea
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Maharepa
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We had a fabulous stay, loved it. The atmosphere is relaxed and staff were welcoming. Our overwater bungalow was spacious and had most things we wanted. The bed was wonderfully comfortable with plenty of lovely soft pillows. I loved being able to snorkel straight from our deck. The water was so clear and lovely and warm. My non-snorkelling partner had a good view of the fish via a glass section in our floor. The food served in the bar was okay, but the restaurant food really nice and a reasonable price. We will return.

Room Tip: We had an overwater bungalow looking out to sea. Others were looking back to shore. I thought these...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,956)

Reviewed April 24, 2014

We stayed for five days ,from the relaxed welcome to the final day of spa and massage this place was bliss, warm luxurious and the staff were brilliant. Close to local village for supplies if you want although the food at the resort is very good and not to pricy. We didn't want to leave our of the water bungalow.. If you go pay the extra it's so worth it...you will never forget your stay. Avoid Papeete if you can

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed in an overwater bungalow which was brilliant and actually over the water unlike at some other hotels on the island. The location was really good with local shops and restaurants a few minutes away. The resort has a lovely relaxed atmosphere. The pool was lovely too. Definitely one of the nicest places I have stayed anywhere in the world.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

What a great place! Best location on the island - supermarket, bank, restaurants, rental car hire (directly across the road) etc. all within 5 minutes' walk. The staff were friendly and helpful (we arrived before the official check-in and only waited about 10 minutes before our room was ready). We stayed in a Premium Beach Bungalow - really nice. Weather was fantastic. I guess we were just lucky all round! We dropped by the InterContinental and Hilton and were so pleased we had chosen the Moorea Pearl - more relaxed atmosphere, the pool area was nicer, better location and just a more pleasant feel.

Great restaurant across the road - the Mania Grill. Open seven nights (dinner only). Very reasonable, lovely food and it's where the locals eat so that's about the best endorsement you can get. Down the road is the Moz Café which is only open until 2 pm I think it was - they offer free internet. Again, good quality food and very reasonable.

We'd been told how expensive Tahiti is. Well, yes the accommodation is expensive but we didn't find the food all that pricey - mind you, coming from New Zealand we're used to paying megabucks for food (and to think we produce it .... but that's another looooong story). I'd definitely opt for having breakfast included - sets you up for the day and the daily price is ridiculously high. That way you can pick and choose what and where you have lunch and dinner.

I wanted to buy a Tahitian pearl and we tried the pearl shop in the hotel first. Very nice, helpful lady served us. Because of Trip Advisor reviews we made our way to Eva's. Again, really helpful service but I didn't find what I wanted and headed back to "Have a Nice Pearl" at the Moorea Pearl and purchased a necklace (designed by the owner) and earrings. It's amazing how many people have commented on my purchases. Obviously a good choice!

Anyway, if you want to stay somewhere very relaxing and really nice, I'd definitely opt for the Moorea Pearl Resort. I'm sure my friends and I will get back there some day!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank KiwiTraveller4253
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed in September 2013 for 4 nights, with Moorea the first stop on our honeymoon before going to Bora Bora. We chose to stay in a Garden Pool Bungalow, as advised by our travel agent, that the Moorea Pearl Overwater Bungalows weren't the best on the Island, and we instead booked an overwater bungalow in Bora Bora. However, our stay in the Garden Pool Bungalow was very enjoyable.

Arrival: We arrived early in the morning as per our flight schedule, and we were asked to be seated while they prepared our bungalow for us. They gave us some nicely scented cloths, and a refreshing drink while we waited. It took about 1 hour before our room was ready, so by that time we were very tired, but they were pretty fast preparing our bungalow considering we arrived much earlier than check in time. The lobby is very pretty, I enjoyed the open concept. Staff were very approachable.

Bungalow: The bungalow was delightful. A very nice spacious room, it really felt like Island living! Our garden was very nice with some sun chairs, and a tiny pool - it's more for dipping your feet in than anything else! Our room was cleaned daily, and they seemed to refresh our room every evening too.

Food: The choice of food was buffet, with 2 nights being A La Carte. My husband and I were very happy with the choices, and the desserts were delicious! The breakfast each morning was also very nice, and the servers couldn't do enough for us. We did end up buying lunch one of the days, but we found it expensive, so we ended up either eating outside the hotel during lunch, or we bought food in a local store instead.
We also had some delicious cocktails at the bar, expensive, but actually worth it! We aren't huge drinking people, so the bar didn't bother us much.

General activity: We were able to kayak which was nice, the pool is OK, I found it a bit dirty. We used some sun loungers during the day, but we were mostly exploring so didn't sit too much by the pool. We also had a couples back massage, which was AMAZING!!

In general this is a nice place, though we probably wouldn't go back and stay there again. I give 4 stars, because it was a pleasant stay, but they need to improve the grounds more, and update the pool. Given the amount it costs to stay here, it would be worth maintaining it better. Also, the cost of Wi-Fi was too high - but hey, we are on our honeymoon and shouldn't need to worry about going online anyway I guess!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed in March 2014 and would certainly return. Staff were very nice and the breakfast was great. I stayed in a Garden Pool Bungalow which I'd really recommend, they were really private (more-so than the overwater ones looked). All over a great stay!

Room Tip: Definitely go for a pool bungalow
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Travellove414
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We arrived at 9 am at the hotel because of our flight schedule. We are aware that the check-in time is 2:00 pm. When we checked in we were told that we will be informed once the room is ready. Around eleven AM, some people who came after us were brought in to their rooms. I asked front desk again and was told that they are preparing our room. At 1:00 pm I checked again at the reception desk and was told rudely that check in is at 2:00 pm. A few minutes after two we checked at the reception desk again and they all acted surprised that we had not been checked in to our room yet. Finally we were brought to our room which happens to be right beside the public beach. It was a week-end so it is noisy and we can't get rest. There is also no privacy because people can see you in your balcony. We called front desk to ask if we can change room and was told that the manager will come in at 6 pm. Around 6:30 pm we were able to contact the manager but all he can offer us is a DOWNGRADE to a garden bungalow. I booked and paid for an over water premium bungalow so it would be foolish to downgrade. Luckily we have activities most of the days so we don't have to stay in our room because it is noisy and has no privacy. When we were planning the trip I wanted to book a room at Sofitel but my travel agent convinced me to stay at Moorea Pearl. She will hear from me about this and I will consider changing travel agency. If you are going to Moorea better get your over water bungalow room at Sofitel or Hilton. Moorea Pearl is beside a public beach , so if you get a room on the left side of the property you will have to deal with the noise and lack of privacy. The beaches in Moorea are amazing but Moorea Pearl has one of the poorest location.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel or if you have to stay here do not accept rooms 401 and 402, they are right...
2  Thank EduardoO350
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maharepa
Manava Suite Resort Tahiti
#4 of 4 in Maharepa
Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa
6 mi away
InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa

Been to Manava Beach Resort & Spa - Moorea? Share your experiences!