I went with two 22-year olds and was worried that the slow pace of French Polynesia might not be enough, but that was never a problem. The Pearl was a great place to really enjoy all that the area has to offer.
The service at the hotel was consistently friendly, although there were a couple of times when the hostess at the breakfast buffet was a little grumpy. Checkout was a little rigid, too, when the hotel clearly wasn't full, in the slow season.
We didn't stay in one of the over-water bungalows, but our garden bungalow was great! The plunge pool was a great place to hang out, have a few drinks, and wind down after an excursion.
Although someone said you don't go to Tahiti for the food, we had great food! The Pearl's restaurant provided an amazing spread for breakfast and dinner was exceptional! People had warned us that Rudy's is a tourist trap, but had one of the best meals of the trip there. The little outdoor grill restaurant across the street from the hotel was a tasty stop for a lighter dinner. Skewers of fresh-grilled meat or fish, rice, and veggies were so much better than expected. Definitely worth it for a no-frills dinner on picnic tables.
The water options around the hotel are exceptional, too. The infinity pool is huge, but it's the ocean that you go for. The snorkeling just off the bungalows is amazing, with crystal clear water, dozens of different fish, turtles, and more. The kayaks and paddle-boards (free at the hotel) got a workout from us, too. The view of the island and hotel from the breakers out at the barrier reef is stunning.
Excursions were a blast, too. The ATV tour is great, taking you to great lookouts, pineapple plantations, and the inside of the island. The boat trip out to an island for lunch was unforgettable! Stopped for swimming with reef sharks and rays, then a great meal out on a motu. Time for more snorkeling and then back to the hotel. Albert's (across from the hotel) makes all the arrangements for you and pick you up at the hotel. Couldn't be easier! The Tiki Village luau was expensive but worth it (we weren't there for the free Saturday night show at the hotel). Okay meal, but great show: Dancers and fire juggling!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moorea Pearl Resort & Spa nestles on the island shore, just by the village of Maharepa in an ideal location, between the majestic Cook’s Bay and the Gulf of Moorea. It’s very convenient, at just 10 minutes from the airport and 15 minutes from the ferry terminal, and with boutiques, restaurants and a small shopping center close at hand. The style of the resort is a tasteful combination of the traditional and the contemporary with a powerful sense of Polynesia. There are 28 over-water bungalows built over the lagoon on piles, 8 more bungalows on the beach and 28 spread through the beautiful grounds with their own private pools and little gardens. The remaining 22 rooms and 8 duplexes of this 94-unit resort are in a small building. Whichever accommodation you choose, you will have air-conditioned comfort (the bungalows also have ceiling fans), an outside terrace, mini-bar, hairdryer, safe, flat-screen television and DVD player, I-pod dock and WiFi. From your hotel base we will be happy to arrange a full range of exciting excursions and activities and of course you can relax at the resort where you’ll enjoy one of the largest infinity pools of the island. Each bungalow has a sunny outside terrace with comfortable loungers. From the over-water ones, there is direct access to the lagoon. The premium over-water bungalows are especially well situated, close to the coral reef ledge so you can immediately swim off and discover a fascinating world of colored fish and exotic corals. Near the over-water bungalows, we have developed our own coral nursery- To’A Nui - a coral regeneration project and part of our commitment to protecting the fragile environment that surrounds us. This site encourages the proliferation of marine life whose beauty is so easily enjoyed with simple snorkeling equipment. You will find a luxurious and convivial resort on a human scale, offering a warm welcome to honeymooners,romantic couples, families, nature lovers and scuba-divers. We have two restaurants - The Mahanai - and the acclaimed gourmet restaurant - The Matiehani. The Autera’a is a perfect terrace bar for sipping your favorite beverage. Other facilities include a bar, two meeting rooms, a boutique and a full range of activities and excursions both on land and on the water. We also have a dive center, a Polynesian tattoo facility and a spa. The Manea Spa specializes in massages and treatments using traditional Polynesian methods and 100% natural products from the island’s flowers and plants, including the famous monoi oils from the coconut palm. Thespa has a hammam, Jacuzzi and the "Rumi Avai" where you can discover the pleasures of our unique aquatic massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Manava Beach Resort & Spa - Moorea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moorea Pearl Hotel Maharepa
- Moorea Pearl Resort And Spa
- Moorea Pearl Maharepa
- Moorea Pearl Resort & Spa
- Manava Beach Resort & Spa - Moorea French Polynesia