We stayed at the Moorea Pearl for 4 nights during our honeymoon in French Polynesia. We arrived around 8 am after 24 hours of travel and were delightfully surprised that our room was available! We were checked in in under 10 minutes and given a tour of the resort. Our room was a garden bungalow with a private plunge pool- absolutely perfect. We did spot a couple yellow lizards in our room but they seemed to want nothing to do with us, so they didn't cause any harm.
The resort staff impressed us during our entire stay- they booked dinner reservations for us, exchanged our money, confirmed our pick-up times and excursions, and remembered our names and room number- all with the biggest smiles! The Pearl made us feel so welcome the entire time.
The breakfast buffet is absolutely amazing- my husband was delighted every morning. We ate at the pool bar for a few random lunches/snacks/dinners and we were never disappointed. The drinks were very well made and really not unreasonably priced. It's been a few weeks but I had a small salad with barbequed pork for one meal and I remember my husband having a burger and a club sandwich that he raved about.
We walked to town everyday to go to the grocery store, eat lunch and shop. The Pearl could not be more convenient to town.
We actually preferred Mo'orea to Bora Bora because of our amazing stay at the Moorea Pearl. When we go back to French Polynesia the Pearl will be the first choice for our stay! I can't say enough great things about this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moorea Pearl Resort & Spa nestles on the island shore, just by the village of Maharepa in an ideal location, between the majestic Cook’s Bay and the Gulf of Moorea. It’s very convenient, at just 10 minutes from the airport and 15 minutes from the ferry terminal, and with boutiques, restaurants and a small shopping center close at hand. The style of the resort is a tasteful combination of the traditional and the contemporary with a powerful sense of Polynesia. There are 28 over-water bungalows built over the lagoon on piles, 8 more bungalows on the beach and 28 spread through the beautiful grounds with their own private pools and little gardens. The remaining 22 rooms and 8 duplexes of this 94-unit resort are in a small building. Whichever accommodation you choose, you will have air-conditioned comfort (the bungalows also have ceiling fans), an outside terrace, mini-bar, hairdryer, safe, flat-screen television and DVD player, I-pod dock and WiFi. From your hotel base we will be happy to arrange a full range of exciting excursions and activities and of course you can relax at the resort where you’ll enjoy one of the largest infinity pools of the island. Each bungalow has a sunny outside terrace with comfortable loungers. From the over-water ones, there is direct access to the lagoon. The premium over-water bungalows are especially well situated, close to the coral reef ledge so you can immediately swim off and discover a fascinating world of colored fish and exotic corals. Near the over-water bungalows, we have developed our own coral nursery- To’A Nui - a coral regeneration project and part of our commitment to protecting the fragile environment that surrounds us. This site encourages the proliferation of marine life whose beauty is so easily enjoyed with simple snorkeling equipment. You will find a luxurious and convivial resort on a human scale, offering a warm welcome to honeymooners,romantic couples, families, nature lovers and scuba-divers. We have two restaurants - The Mahanai - and the acclaimed gourmet restaurant - The Matiehani. The Autera’a is a perfect terrace bar for sipping your favorite beverage. Other facilities include a bar, two meeting rooms, a boutique and a full range of activities and excursions both on land and on the water. We also have a dive center, a Polynesian tattoo facility and a spa. The Manea Spa specializes in massages and treatments using traditional Polynesian methods and 100% natural products from the island’s flowers and plants, including the famous monoi oils from the coconut palm. Thespa has a hammam, Jacuzzi and the "Rumi Avai" where you can discover the pleasures of our unique aquatic massages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Manava Beach Resort & Spa - Moorea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moorea Pearl Resort And Spa
- Moorea Pearl Hotel Maharepa
- Moorea Pearl Maharepa
- Moorea Pearl Resort & Spa
- Manava Beach Resort & Spa - Moorea French Polynesia