We stayed here from 4th July to 18th July 2013. Our family of 4 includes a 5 year old and a 2 year old.
The good things were:
Beautiful gardens and they keep them clean and watered. It is lovely to see things well looked after.
They know how to cook meat - some brilliant food.
Great pools, so much choice, big busy ones, little quiet ones, lots of little bars dotted around so you don't have to spend ages waiting.
Big rooms and balconies have really good views over the gardens. I would recommend one facing the pool as they are lit up so nicely at night.
The fish on the beach are incredible. The children were amazed, even my 2 year old became a water baby to try and chase them!
The check in and reception staff on the front desk are the professional kind of hotel staff you would expect in a european hotel. Good service.
The beach is about 10 mins away when you factor in walking out of the hotel, through the foot tunnel, and catching the bus down to the shore. However, this is an extremely entertaining outing for small children so this was actually a good thing for us. The beach it self is very gravelly and not comfortable - the only real attraction is the fascinating fish in the shallow water.
There was lots of entertainment every night if that is your kind of thing. Don't accept a room by the amphitheatre - very noisy. We stayed by the Snack bar where there was early evening entertainment, that was great as it was easy to move sleepy kids back in to their bed after a drink.
The place is FULL of Russians and Eastern Europeans. I can't complain about them, they have a different culture and I'm sure they find us boring and unfriendly as we find them pushy and messy. We made some lovely Russian friends - children have no prejudice - and learned to hold our own in the food queue!
There is a kids disco session every evening in the amphitheatre. They love it and they do look cute.
The laundry service is excellent and prompt but check the pricing as they can't add up ;-)
Most of the staff are really lovely and friendly and helpful and so hard working. They love kids and are really tolerant which makes a big difference if you have small ones.
There are lots of beds around the main pools and you can get a great spot up until about 9am when it gets busier. When its too busy to find a good bed, you can just head off to one of the quieter pools. Some days we had a pool all to ourselves! Heaven!
The bad things:
The main restaurant is a free for all. If you get there early or late you are in with a chance. If you get there mid flow you will struggle to find somewhere clean to sit and anything to eat with. The place is really under staffed - the guys work looooonnngg hours and get tired. The guys at the bar in the main restaurant and the chefs serving the food seem to get a bit possessive over their goods. You have to ask for more with a smile when they give you measly portions. I think they get a bit fed up with all the waste and so they hold back.
Sometimes the food is revolting. In fact, I think that a great deal of the waste is because the food was either really nice, or really horrible, and people were not very good at guessing which it would be before loading up. However, even on nights when it went wrong in the kitchens we managed to find ourselves a good meal.
They do not do foreign food very well. The mexican restaurant had fahitas on the menu - but when it was served there just a very large plate full of casseroled chilli beef. Tasty but not fahitas. No rice, no breads... just a plate of meat served with a straight face. That gave us a good laugh. In fact I wish there was more Egyptian food on offer instead of all the dodgy attempts at international food.
Some staff want tips for breathing. Some staff make up elaborate stories to try and extract cash from you (3 different people did this to us I don't know why they thought we were loaded, it just made us grumpy). They usually start 'I am leaving for Cairo...' Make your excuses and walk away. After a few mistakes we only tipped for good service.
In some of the blocks they turn the hot water off in the day and pretend it is a temporary problem. When you complain to reception an engineer turns up and pretends to fiddle with your taps and then expects a tip. Do not fall for this. They just turn the boiler off in the block. Tell them you need it on straight away please and they can just turn it back on. They did this in several blocks.
Yes this hotel is about 15 mins from the airport but if you are booked onto a shared transfer you might take 1.5hrs to get dropped off as the hotel is on the other side of the road from the airport. This typically makes it the last drop off on the way back to the airport for the next bus load of arrivals. NOT FUNNY when you have spent 1.5 hrs attempting to queue (the other eastern eu tourists do not understand the concept of queuing) to get out of the airport. Imagine doing that with 2 under fives in tow.
Quite a few items of children's clothing went missing from my room. Whether this was my carelessness or for more serious reasons, keep an eye on your stuff.
There was lots of broken furniture and fittings in our room. With two small children we were not too bothered as at least we had no concerns about anything getting broken by us. We told the housekeeper and all he had to say was 'i know'. lol
The bathroom was wiped clean but would have benefited from a really good application of neat bleach!
The kids club is not safe. I left my 5 year old there once and within half an hour I spotted lots of small children running free outside the club. I returned and watched him play so he was safe. The girl in charge didn't even notice until an hour later when a mum turned up and found her child missing from inside the club. In the meantime kids had lost items of clothing and been running around in 40degrees without water or sunblock. I didn't leave him there again and provided my own kids club ;-) The girl in charge was just watching Russian gymnast girls practice their moves inside the club hut (they were quite amazing)
I never stay in the same place twice so it isn't fair for me to pass judgement on whether I would go back or not. I will say you can have a fab family holiday here, don't expect too much and in many ways you will be pleasantly surprised. The kids loved it and that is what really counts. The memories I have are lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfortable 4* hotel was designed for those who love the sea, sun and fun together. Cozy and intimate, with a complex of fancy shaped pools, it is perfect for a family holiday. The hotel offers an interesting entertainment program from morning till the very evening with lots of attractions. Care about our youngest visitors is our priority! Water slides and playgrounds - a paradise for children. And for sure a lot of new international friends will be a nice special bonus. Great place to fly-by-night with excellent disco, various evening shows and late dinner and all the refreshments throughout the day. Rooms : The hotel has a total number of 666 rooms of different types: * Standard - 25-29 m² - comfortable room * Superior - 28-30 m² - comfortable room of a larger size * Family -30-35 m² - one large room * Executive - 30-35 m² - luxury room * Suite - 45-60 m² - luxury 2-rooms apartment Each room is equipped with individually controlled air conditioning, private bathroom with shower or bath, television, telephone, safe box. Balcony or terrace with a beautiful view of the garden, which is well taken care of, palm trees and swimming pools can be found in every room. KIDS CLUB: The comfort of our smallest guests is our priority. Kids Club was established for those who are searching for fun and joy all over the days. A variety of activities, hand works, games and fun with experienced, professional and lovely international team of kid's animators will make your child wish to stay there forever. Two outside playgrounds will help parents to enjoy all the leisure activities together with their children not only in the Kids Club but on the beach as well. And for sure everybody are welcome for the most important part of the program - Mini - Disco! ENTERTAINMENT: Every day various classes with an international animation team (yoga, dance lessons, water volleyball, etc..) are provided all over the territory of hotel. Our evening shows held in the Old Egyptian Amphitheatre will take you to the fairytale of Arabic night. Fakir show, belly dancers, Egyptian art, derwish show will create the spirit of ancient magic . And our live singer, violin performances and dance competition will help you to discover your hidden talents. Sombrero Disco will take you into fly-by-night tour under the latest hits together with our DJ SPORT: The hotel's aqua-park consists of 12 different shaped swimming pools with area of 6,000 m² in total, large and small for children, with water slides for everybody. Some of them , including the Main one, are heated in winter. Our international animation team offers different opportunities to train not only sense of humor but body as well. Everyday you can enjoy and have a lot of fun with: * GYM and fitness * Tennis courts * Table tennis competition * Volleyball tournament * Darts * Water Polo * Aqua-aerobics * Belly-dance and Latino -dance lessons Rehana 24 Hours All Inclusive: * 24 hours food & beverages service in all of our 25 outlets (restaurants , bars ,snack corners) * Three main buffet meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner ) & Kids' corner * Four a la carte restaurants (Italian, Mexican, Indian and Lebanese) * Early breakfast, late breakfast, snacks, tea time and late dinner * Snack Beach bar (beverages & snacks ) * Kids' snack corner * Food Court with full amenities * Entertainment (daily animation program, night shows ) * Sports (mini football, basketball tennis courts, table tennis, GYM, water polo, aerobics , dances lessons, darts,..) * Free entrance to Sombrero Disco. * Tea & coffee service at the rooms (upon request ) Rehana Ultra All Inclusive: * Enjoy the 24 hours formula PLUS: * 24 hours All inclusive food & beverages (including drinks at the disco) * Three additional visits to a la carte restaurants (Asian and Oriental in Rehana Royal Beach and Seafood restaurant on the beach) * Space Disco in Rehana Royal Beach free of charge entrance & drinks * Mini bar upon arrival & 2 bottles of water daily * Fresh fruit platter upon arrival * Free Shuttle bus to and from Naama Bay/ Old Market * Free SPA package (Jacuzzi, steam bath, sauna, Turkish bath) once per stay * Laundry service (once per stay) * Sports (mini football, table tennis , tennis court during the day & in night time free of charge) * Turn down service * Free Internet daily * Rehana souvenirs ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Rehana Sharm Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rehana Sharm Hotel Nabq Bay
- Rehana Sharm El Sheikh
- Rehana Sharm Resort Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay