“Ideal family holiday”

Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
“Ideal family holiday”
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at quite a few hotels in Sharm and although this wasn't the most luxurious, the staff and animation team made up for it.
The rooms were always clean, staff by the pool and in the restaurant always friendly and especially good with our teenage children.
The animation team were fantastic with our 18 year olds, 15 year old and 14 year old, always looked after them so well both in the hotel and on outings. Many thanks to Ali, Alex, Gemma, Bob and the entire animation team.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (552)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I stayed here with my family after reading trip advisor reviews but I must say I was dissapointed. We have stayed at several 4 star hotels in Sharm over the last 4 years and so have come to know what to expect however this hotel is far from 4 star but it could achieve 3 star.
On arrival after being attacked by mosquitos in reception we were shown to our room which was dirty, this did get resolved the next day after speaking to reception but really should have been clean in the first place. We then went for a late night snack which the hotel had laid on for late arrivals, big mistake as it was leftovers from dinner and was very dry, never mind we thought, as we were All Inclusive we could get a drink - wrong we were told it was after midnight and we had to pay.

Next day we were looking forward to breakfast but it wasn't great, not helped by the Russians who are rude beyond believe. Lunch was poor and dinner not much better, very repetitive and poor quality. So we thought we'd try one of the speciality restaurants to break it up a bit, only to find the hotel doesn't have any unless you want to pay, not like proper 4 star hotels in Sharm where its standard. Overall the food was average at best. The snack bar on complex was dirty and the one on the beach even worse.

If you like drinking out of children's plastic beakers meaning several trips to the bar just to have a reasonable fluid intake or you like eating of polystyrene plates then this is for you.

The water park is average but be warned not all slides work at once something to do with overheating the pumps I was told.

The beach is a bus ride and the snorkeling is good unless there is scuba diving happening when the life guards refuse you access of the pier.

Some of the waiters are good especially in the 1st floor bar but if you dont like seeing slops on a table next to you while trying to eat then choose somewhere else.

This hotel could be great if the manager spent some time at a proper 4 Star hotel and took on the learning but as it stands we wouldn't go back as it is poor.

I don't mind you listening to other reviews sating ignore the negative as it will be your holiday spoilt just like ours, good luck you'll need it.

• Stayed October 2013
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic stay here - as usual!

From arrival to departure this hotel has offered a warm welcome and friendly, helpful staff. Upon arrival you are made to feel more than welcome by the lovely reception staff to then be taken by your room (all your luggage is taken for you). Rooms are spacious and some have also just been decorated too! Room cleaned to an excellent standard daily (thank you Mahmoud!) with fab towel art and a huge birthday cake in towel art and room decorated for my birthday too!!

Sun beds reserved with towels and beautiful flowers every morning thanks to gamal and gamil! Two lovely guys who couldn't do enough for you!! On this subject, we also got drinks brought to us regularly from the one and only el sayed! He is such a hard worker and a credit to the hotel!

I came for my birthday and while I'm here I will take the opportunity to thank the staff for some wonderful surprises! I felt like everyone made such a huge effort to make it the best - and it was by far the best!! Big thank you to gamil who put balloons and banners up at my sunbed, what an amazing surprise!! He also got me a beautiful present too! Sayed for the amazing presents and every member of staff in the restaurant- special thanks to Ahmed, Mohamed, ashry (chef) and Yasser for decorating a beautiful table for me! This was lovely I wasn't expecting that! Thank you ashry for making such a huge tasty cake!!

This leads me onto my next point about the restaurant, people who complain about the food here and the restaurant are picky people!! There are always enough to chose from including a vegetarian section too! Ignore the negative reviews! Yes they may run out of plates sometimes or cups but they are very quick to replace them and you will never have to wait long, so the people who find this is an issue obviously come on holiday to find the negatives and something to complain about and aren't quick in finding the positives. Staff are all fast hard workers in there, always running around and very helpful!

The panorama bar is also a very good bar with excellent service and fab cocktails! (Thanks aymen!!) lovely atmosphere in there!

Entertainment is very good too and all the entertainment staff are very lovely and always making sure you are happy! If they ask you to go and join an event and you say no they accept that, they will not carry on to make you go on join which is good.

The jewellery shop located on the left as you walk through reception is also worth going into! Excellent quality products from there and Zak the worker in there is fab!

I could go on and on about the staff they are honestly lovely people! Thank you again for everyone was involved in my birthday as it was the best I have ever had! I'm so grateful to all of the staff! Thank you :-)

The only place I will tell you to stay away from is the spa and beauty place. For my birthday I had booked in for acrylic nails to be done, which supposed to last 3 weeks lasted 3 days! Some cracked and some coming off! We paid £25 English for them to last 3 days?! I think not!! Stay away!!

That is the only negative which really doesn't affect the hotel or holiday it's self, all the negative reviews on here really are just people looking to find the negatives! This hotel is great for couples, families, or even if your travelling alone. 3 different pools, one with music and entertainment team (dances, exercises, games etc) another pool which is the quiet pool (relaxing!!) and another part with many pools and slides etc more family based! Thank you again park inn for a fab holiday! Will see you in our return in April! :)

Stayed November 2013
Lostashire
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We have just returned from a 7 day holiday at this hotel (7/11/13) and to be fair we enjoyed every day of it. We arrived at 12.15 just after midnight and was given a late dinner pass to enter the restaurant and fill our boots. However within five minutes of sitting at our table we got ambushed, we were greeted by a swarm of mosquitos, they may be small but have one hell of a bite! These are the most agressive little flies we have ever had the misfortune to share a holiday with. Be warned do not go to Egypt without taking plenty of ammunition,we soon found plenty of horror stories about people literally getting eaten alive,do not let your guard down! The only other downfall was the restaurant,as an Englishman I found the food very repetitive and in my opinion it tended to cater more for the Russians. However it wasn't all bad and we had some very nice meals in there. The only other problem in there was manners,people were pushing in (I won't say which very cold country they came from but it begins with R) nearly fighting for plates it was if an alarm was going to go off and all the food was going to disappear. Do not be surprised if they don't form an orderly line behind one another, it tends to be survival of the fittest when it comes to getting your dinner!

I would like to send a special thank you to Mohammed who manned the swim up pool bar through the day,he was very accommodating and welcoming. The entertainment staff were also very good for the kids especially Bob and Alex who seemed to make our son laugh constantly.

Overall this is a very good,clean hotel with a very good aqua park for all ages, they just need to put a bit more time into the fodder and the Mosquitos.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
sslm04
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Yet again a fantastic stay at this hotel! Staff can't do enough for you and the facilities at the hotel are great please ignore the negative comments, this hotel is a fantastic place to stay.

We have already booked to return for Easter!! :)

Check in easy and guys on reception were great.

The luggage was taken to our room immediately by the team.

The rooms are generous with everything you need in there, we were lucky to stay in the rooms which gave just been updated and new tv's in rooms.

El Sayed and Gamil at lotus pool are great and will look after you. Ayman in panorama bar is a great guy too !! Thank you

Chef Ashry and his team has transformed the food and now the food is a lot better.

Thank you to all at Park inn for another great stay, see you next year!!

Stayed November 2013
birmingham
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This hotel does not deserve the negative reviews , yes there are bad points and good points , the staff are great with the kids and friendly at the bars and around the pool elsayed is a great and friendly barman and made my stay enjoyable . Always a welcome at meal times by the staff . And any gripe will be sorted out at reception . But then there's the only one place to eat evening meal which can get like feeding time at the zoo . It's always nice to see a fight with a brit and a Russian over a plate !! . No a la carte venues and lack of variety with venues can get a little ground hog day . The same with snacks during the day only one place to eat not much variety of food and plastic plates and cutlery did no do for me , the icing on the cake was seeing the chef kneading dough for pizzas with a cigarette in his hand , this snack area just seemd dirty t me , ons there is know where else to go . I have stayed all over Egypt this hotel was ok hence there are people who keep going back .

• Stayed November 2013
Cleckheaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Martin Sangster

just returned from a 7 day winter break, great hotel,made to feel really welcome by great staff who couldnt do enough for us. Hotel was only half full so gave us a free upgrade as well on our 2 rooms
Entertainment staff were great and really got everybody going all day, special thanks to Alex, Bob & Gemma for looking after my youngest and for agreat night out at the hard rock cafe - well done
Bar staff really good at all the bars indoors and out, and agaiin a special thank you to Elsayed Khirey who worked in the lotus pool bar and panorama bar for his great friendly service.
All you review readers get yourself off to this hotel and Enjoy

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms opposite the bedouin tent , noisy until 11pmn