Parrotel Aqua Park
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$210
$75
$58
$51
  • Breakfast included
Parrotel Beach Resort(Nabq Bay)(Great Value!)
$92
$50
$100
  • Breakfast included
Jaz Mirabel Beach(Nabq Bay)
$90
$88
$34
$24
$53
4,133 results
All reviewslotus barbedouin tentaqua parkanimation teampool bargreat holidaylazy riversuperior roompizzafishevening entertainmentbar staffspecial thanksthe radisson blusharm elkids clubrice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two weeks from 27th November and to be honest I was actually dreading the holiday after reading some of the most recent reviews. I'm really glad to say we had nothing to worry about and this holiday was exactly what we wanted.

My biggest concern was about the food because I am 4 months pregnant and with people leaving poor reviews for food it did unsettle me. What you must remember that this hotel is 3/3.5 star at most so if you're going there thinking its 5* then you may be left disappointed but this is not a reflection on the hotel. Yes, the main buffet room was a bit hectic at times but with the hotel at full capacity the waiters dealt with everyone as best as they could. Their seem to be a few men to wear white shirts that don't do very much expect shout at all the waiters so it would be good to see these chip in now and again. These men work tirelessly for a long amount of hours each day and they are more or less running around trying to keep everything ticking over. At breakfast you had choices of cereal, fresh eggs/omelette, fresh fruit, toast, danish, freshly cooked pancakes & donuts - lots! Lunchtime their was always something being cooked on the bbq, mostly chicken but we had burgers, steak, salad, chips, pasta station - lots! Then in the evening some of the food was repeated from lunch time but their was always something to eat with a lovely selection of meat - duck, rib of veal, stuffed chicken, rack of lamb, chicken fajitas and they had some lovely soups too - again lots! So as you can tell the food suited us fine and this was even with me being very careful due to expecting my first child. The waiters really go out of their way to look after you and we also made friends with some of the chefs who were mostly lovely, they make a real fuss if its anyones birthday which is fun to experience!

The rooms are very spacious with a balcony and big bathroom with a powerful shower and an in room safe. Our room was cleaned on a daily basis but some days we weren't left any towels/water so had to call reception to rectify this.

We spent most of our time around the 'quiet pool' and this is where we met a very nice gentleman called El Sayed. As our holiday progressed we got to know him and we can honestly said he is one of the most genuine and hard working individuals we have come across. Every day he would be over with our drinks and would spend time talking to him and we can see him going far within the hotel because he is exactly the type of person every hotel should have working for them. . El Sayed - we hope you enjoy your thoroughly deserved time off and remember to look after those little kitties like you promised! Drinks were no issue, bottled diet coke/sprite and fanta and my husband tried most of the shorts and had no issues either

What you might not know about the staff is most of them work solid for 2 months and then have 2 weeks off so please bear this in mind as a lot of them have young families back home so you can imagine how hard it must be for them. A lot of them live outside Cairo too so they have to face a 8/9 hour bus journey back which must be fun!

It is true what everyone says about the Russians they are down right rude. I thought people might have been exaggerating but its amazing that these people do not even have to say anything to be rude, their actions speak for themselves! They will push in front of you, grunt if you try to speak to them, no please or thanks and not a smile to be seen! It must be bad if even the Egyptian workers say how rude they are!

We went to the beach a few times and it really isn't that far from the hotel, the beach itself is nice and you have the jetty to walk out to if you wish to swim/snorkel. To be honest we didn't spend more time here because flies were a real problem and we just couldn't relax. But Ahmed who looks after everything at the beach was very pleasant and again he spent a lot of time talking to us. Flies in general seem to be a problem out here but this is not something the hotels have control over, every night you would see them being 'smoked out' so the hotel do their best to keep them away.

The aqua park is nice enough but again a lot of flies around, you just need to keep up a constant spray of sun screen and this seems to keep them away for a bit.

We booked two trips via our tour operator - Tiran Island which was a lovely boat trip and we experienced some wondering snorkelling and a submarine boat which was also fantastic.

Now a few things that did put us off, their are people that work in the hotel trying to sell you stuff and you get tired of saying no and some of them don't like it when you say no. This needs to be toned down because I go on holiday to relax and not be pestered all the time especially by the hotels own staff. Their is also a guy with the name tag 'Jim Carey' who kind of looks like side show bob who is constantly on everyones back about paying to go to a beach party or paying to go to Naama Bay - this needs to stop too because by the end of the holiday I was really started to get annoyed with this because it becomes tedious when you're being asked every time you go for some food.

One incident that did leave a sour taste in my mouth - one evening early into the holiday my husband woke in the middle of the night with bad stomach cramps (not sure why) so he went into the bathroom and ended up passing out. My husband fell over and must have knocked his head on the bidet as it was bleeding and he was out cold - he finally came round after some hysterical shaking from me but I called reception to get some water as we had run out and they wanted to charge us! I thought this was really bad form and when I said I was unhappy to pay they advised me to go to one of the supermarkets outside the hotel to buy some - not good.

Although this did not ruin the holiday, my rating would probably have been 5 star if not for the above incident.

5  Thank CocoSianElle
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We have just returned home from Park Inn and have to say that this place has improved massively in the past year.

We stayed at this hotel last year at the same time and had no intention of returning due to the quality of the food. However when we saw the price we decided to give it a try again as we knew that the rooms were clean and the staff go out of their way to make your holiday special. With the price we paid, we also knew that we could afford to eat out every day if necessary. Our concerns were totally unjustified.

The food in the main restaurant (although a little 'samey') is of good quality, though can sometimes lack seasoning. There is always something to eat, we had plenty of chicken, kofta's, steak and even lamb and veal. There is the option of fish most days either fried, in sauce or roasted tuna. Its fair to say that even in the more expensive five star resorts I have stayed in, the food options can get a bit boring after a fortnight, especially when they are trying to cater for hundreds of people from different nationalities and age groups. The chef Akram deserves a special mention as he is always happy to prepare something different than the main options if you ask him to (even special cheese for a sandwich). They really are offering fantastic service on a fairly limited budget (think how much you paid for your holiday and then subtract the price of your flight!!!) and are trying very hard to get things right.

We are not ones for 'organised fun' but the animation team really tried their best to get everyone involved and whilst they were happy to take no for an answer, they would always stop by and let you know what they had planned. Thanks especially to Kelly (Fife) for always smiling and being an absolute star.

In case our two 'main men' are reading this which I suspect you are Ayman and El Sayed 'Chicken' you are a pair of superstars and have absolutely made our holiday something special, fingers crossed you'll be there next year when we come back!
Last but by no means least, thank you Gamil for all your help by the pool, and for making sure the place is clean and tidy. Without you guys the Park Inn would probably be quite an average place to stay but you guys turn 4 stars into 10, but thats just our opinion!!!!!

2  Thank BeauW
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We have recently returned on the 19th December from 10 days of sheer bliss. What a fantastic time we had .We cannot thank the staff enough for making this one of the most memorable of our 5 trips to Sharm.The animation team worked exceptionally hard and there work paid off as they really got the guests involved with out being to pushy so well done animation crew consisting of Kaz Eslam Tarzan Jamaica Kelly Pono and Hero. Hope you hip soon gets better Kaz.Our room was very spacious overlooking the pool always thoroughly cleaned and always done with a smile.Pizza Cheff fantastic specials comprising of chicken cheese peppers and tomatoes.Aqua piper restaraunt Ahmed Elshenawy really looked after and waited on us all week he was a legend.Our favourite Cheff Remy cooked our food fresh and what a fantastic job he did nothing was to much trouble.We would definately recommend the Parkinn to our friends.We will return next year.Lastly not least Youseff we cannot thank you enough for all that you did for us in making our stay so comfortable and pleasant.Keep up the good work see you next year.

Shirley And Wesley room 7459

1  Thank Wesley A
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Thank you to all the staff at the Park Inn in Sharm. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming, the hotel is amazing and so much bigger than I was expecting! The photos on the website do not do it justice!! The entertainment team were great and made you feel involved on everything! They even organise nights out to the clubs which was really nice!! Elsayed who works the lotus bar was really friendly and had a great yes i can attitude! He made us feel so at home and had great customer service, arranging a table for my boyfriend and I to attended a meal on friday night, which was a great experience. Everyone is so friendly and helpful, the all inclusive package is definitely worth the money, I can't wait to go back there, already planning my return trip!! 100% satisfaction!!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Charlotte211193
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Just got back from a week stay payed £800 for me my partner and my 8month daughter and it was brilliant staff can't do enough for you tip them a pound and they will wait on you all week. Food is good different every night fried steak on BBQ is very nice. Aqua park is good for children and adults good slides and good baby pool. We payed for a double room and was upgraded to a sweet because they over booked the double room. Rooms r spotless and beds are king size and comfey. Only bad point is the arrogant ignorant Russians they push in never say thank you and are greedy. They will take wat ever food there is so u can't have any they take it even if they don't like is that act like they are not guna get fed agen they really wound me up. But apart from that no other bad points excellent hotel and hoping to go back next year. And I recommend scuba diving or snorkelling round the reefs so many fish it's brilliant :)

• Stayed: December 2012