“Fantastic Holiday and Resort”

Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort
Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
London
“Fantastic Holiday and Resort”
Reviewed December 21, 2007

October 28th - November 4th 2007

Firstly, i'd just like to say that don't go by people's reviews that seem to complain about every tiny little thing.

Just a word of warning. When we booked our hotel, we thought that we were staying at the Radisson Resort however it actually ended up confusing us a little as we had to check in across the road from Radisson to Park Inn resort which is a sister hotel to the Radisson Resort. I'm actually quite glad that this happened as the Park Inn Hotel is much better than the Radisson Resort in terms of people and staff.

I personally had the best time staying at Park Inn Resort. I found that the staff here were very friendly and so were all of the tourists that were staying here too. If you stay over at Radisson, you'll find that there are unsociable and snobby people.

We stayed for 1 week on an all-inclusive basis and that actually worked out quite well for us. The food here was great with variety for both vegetarians and meat-eaters. The food is going to be like any other hotel, it will start to get a bit repetitive and boring after a few days but it's still nice!

The rooms are spacious. We had 2 double-beds in our room over-looking the restaurant and pool which was lovely!

The room service and cleaning was great. Every day when we came back from our day trips, we'd come into our clean rooms to find animals made from our towels on the beds - these were the small touches that made a difference.

This Resort has new waterslides which just opened up about 6 days ago - i would recommend that you go full-board if you wish to use them everyday as they charge $15 every time you wish to use that part of the pool area. We were all-inclusive but that did not seem to make a difference, we still had to pay for usage! Don't be disapointed though as there are about 3 - 5 pools and there are activities set up during the course of the day if you want to join in like water volleyball, aqua aerobics etc.

Just another quick point for you! If you're staying at the Park Inn Hotel you are still able to go over at the Radisson Resort and use its facilities and swimming pools etc so don't worry about that!

All in all, a great place to stay. I had no complaints whatsoever and would love to go back to the same hotel! Good, location, good staff, good tourists and good food.

I went with a friend, both aged 24!

Loved it and would go back to the same resort!

• Liked — Room service, view from my room, swimming pools and water slides, entertainment during the day
  • Disliked — A little bit far from Naama Bay - Naama Bay is the happening place to be at during the day and nights especially! Clubs/bars/restaurants/shopping/smoking shisha/just having a wonder around!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
7 Thank sweety_24

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (554)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
liverpool
Reviewed December 16, 2007

jus t come back after2 weeks, lovely hotel, clean big rooms. been to sharm 3 times before and never had any problems before with food but if you like chicken and beef you are ok. the food was boring and most people we spoke to included ourselves ended up with upset stomaches never had cramp pains like that before. the staff were fab and very friendly. the entertainment was very poor. would i go back not to this hotel but back to sharm

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — food
6 Thank sruud2001
Essex
Reviewed December 15, 2007

First off this hotel was previously known as Golden Resort if you can't find many reviews of the hotel under park inn.

I travelled with my partner to this hotel in november 07 for a 1 week all inclusive stay booked through the travel agents.

When we first arrived at the hotel and tried to check in we had to wait 45minutes just to get to the reception. Then the staff who found it quite amusing were saying to many people that rooms where fully booked and sent somebody to a room which was already being occupied by another guest. When eventually getting to our room we then had to go back to reception as they hadn't even given us our all inclusive wrist bands, so make sure they do when you check in.

The Room - we stayed in a standard room, with a view of the main restaurant and the pool and from the back you could see the new water park. It was clean, tidy and nicely decorated. However, the safe was not bolted to the wall so we had to carry our passports etc with us. We then told the rep and were told somebody would call us and sort it that day but that didnt so the next day somebody eventually came to bolt the safe in, that had previously been ripped out of the wall. But my partner had to wait in the room for well over an hour for somebody to arrive to do this. Also on our second night the bed sheets were filthy the cleaner had come in and obviously put a dirty bed sheet on and taken off our clean one. It was absolutely disgusting and there was a mark on there which looked like faeces and had hairs on it. So we made a complaint and a few days later had our cleaner followed 30mins later by another two cleaners knocking on our room to say what was the problem! But no apology what so ever and the rep just said well theres nothing more we can do! We were also disturbed again by somebody saying he was doing electrics but didn't actually do anything to them.

The food - was inedible. I am a vegetarian and many nights found the only option being a roll and I am not a fussy eater at all. My partner as well who isn't a vegetarian couldn't find anything either. I have stayed in many all inclusive hotels and have found no problems with the food and although you knew the food wasn't going to be wonderful there was always something there you could happily eat. One night the pasta station was open I asked the chef for something without meat he laughed and walked off, when asking again if this was possible (I would have been happy with plain pasta!) he just said no only meat. Even though there was a dish of plain pasta that he could have heated up and put on my plate. So many nights we had to spend our money going to naama bay or across the road to eat something. We found this the case with all of the other guests we spoke to but the rep said there were no other complaints and it was a matter of our own opinion, but we know at least one other couple who complained to the rep that week. To be honest as me and my partner are both quite young I don't think we were taken seriously.

The Entertainment - there was a disco on the night we arrived which was ok but was nothing you could dance to only rave music with flashing lights which finished at 12 anyway. Then there was no other entertainment until a few nights later when there was some traditional dancing which was alright to watch for an hour. Then a robbie williams swing dvd played on a projector screen in a dark room which is by no means acceptable for entertainment in a 4* hotel. So again nearly every night we went to naama bay for entertainment.

General - the staff could be very rude, one especially who dealt with the shisha pipes made a very hurtful remark to one of our friends that was totally unneccesary. The grounds themselves of the hotel were very nice. The pools were not heated and even though the weather was lovely the pools were freezing. The waterpark was deserted although im sure in peak season it will be a lively place to go with some atmosphere. Also the beach was far away not just a short walk across a road. The hotel is also quite far from naama bay itself about 30minutes in a cab. But a visit to naama is well worth doing, I would recommend the camel bar as a definate place to visit, it is an openroof top bar that serves cheap lovely food and has a great atmosphere. Also going scuba diving or snorkelling is a must.

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel. I went to Egypt earlier on in the year and stayed at the Concorde El Salam which is a much nicer hotel, the staff were lovely, the food gorgeous and nothing at all to complain about at that hotel so if you can go there instead I would definately recommend it. The Park Inn is ok the grounds nice and the room would have been if it had not been for the dirty sheets and the safe, so if you can get a good deal on it and want a quick break away then go but be prepared to have to go out most nights for food and entertainment and for the long cab journey to naama and it is not a 4* hotel as we were lead to belive when booking it. So to be honest I really would not bother going there, instead there are many other nice hotels in sharm that would be well worth staying in.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Dirty sheets, unsecured lock, freezing pools
5 Thank mills89
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 8, 2007

Fab holiday !!!!!!!!
First visit to Egypt, and loved every minute of it. We were welcomed by all staff who went out of their way to please us. Sami who cleaned our huge room (which was spotless) did amazing "towel sculptures" every morning. El Sayed in the restaurant was so charmimg as were all staff. I had a head massage with Mido at the Spa which was out of this world.
Food was great we tried everything that was on offer. I found that the peopl who complain about food where ever we go are the ones who are fussy eaters. We eat anything and are always keen to try foods of that country, I feel if people want to eat at "Hard Rock" cafe WHY GO ABROAD !!! yyou might just as well stay at home and have chips or bangers and mash ! The guys at the bars Mohamed x 3 and Walid made our stay wonderfull.
The pools were clean, the waterpark was great, the beach was coral but that is to be expected in that part of the country. we were nagged in the shops but say a firm "no " and they get the message, after all they re only trying to make a living.
The Russians were only there for the first part of the week but were with attitude, they are are very miserable people, never smile, and do push in cues,they seem to think they should have priority some how.
Anyway to close, it was a fab place, the Egyptian people are so nice and genuine. We are booking to go back next year, same hotel. A holiday is what you make it. Egypt is a developing country so what do people expect ? we loved it, very different.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank BouncerWales
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 8, 2007

We arrived at Park Inn to find our cases were to be left outside while we checked in...This doesn't always seem like the best option when you've just arrived in a different country! The reception area is in need of some TLC...and made us wonder what the rest of the hotel was like. We were taken to our room and was pleased to find the hotel grounds to be stunning and much better than expected. Our room was absolutely massive...plenty of space for two people, it was also very clean. The only room critism I have is that the furniture was quite old and needed an update. The bathroom was very nice. In your room you will find a free safety deposit box and fridge which is a bonus.

The balcony was very big but unfortunately the doors to it would not lock so we informed reception, we were told it would be fixed straight away but this did not go ahead so arranged a room change, with a view of both pools which was nice.

The hotel had two massive swimming pools, only one was heated so the other was generally unused. We booked the holiday for a relaxing week away and intended to chill out by the pool but this was not always possible! You'll find people constantly approaching you...regardless if you're asleep! Animation team trying to get you involved in whatever they are doing, Animation team selling tickets, loads of excursion companies, and a VERY annoying man selling old newspapers, not only this...you'll find yourself under Sharm El Sheikh airports flight path (please note this is a problem for most hotels in the area) Most of the planes were the really old Russian ones that make the loudest noises you've ever heard, I would quite often wake up in the night in fear of what was happening because the noise was SO loud!

Also approaching you by the pool will be the Spa company that operate in the hotel, we had a fanastic massage at the beginning of the week but unfortuntaly the company changed. As I said..we booked the hotel for a relaxing week so decided to have a 2nd massage for 60 minutes, it only lasted 30 and consisted of being shoved in the sauna and steam room for most of the time! We complained and were given 30 minutes extra but decided not to go back.

Overall the hotel was very quiet and we never had a problem getting sunbeds, there are lots of Russians in the hotel and we found the other British in the hotel to be very polite...always saying hello etc...I think it was due to the amount of Russians in the hotel, it was a bit like Brits unite!

The restaurant wasn't the best, I'm a vegetarian so this was expected...When I did eat the food I found it to be cold (kept warm by candles) so would only eat at the pasta section which was boring..We only ate in the restaurant for dinner twice, however the bread was nice! Make sure you book the pizzaria in the sister hotel Radisson across the road...it was extremely cheap with 25% off and a good meal. We also went into the local Naama Bay (Book hotel taxis WITH a return....do not use the taxis in Naama Bay...it really is more trouble than it's worth...you'll find most people did this because the local taxi drivers are aggressive and a fight almost broke out between the drivers about which taxi we should go in!) We ate at the Hard Rock Cafe for around £7! Loads of food, drinks AND desert! It was a wellneeded break from hotel food!

Snacks in the day consided of chips and cheese in a bread roll...I didn't bother with this either. Some chocolate/crisps would have been nice to snack on so we ended up going in the small supermarket that is located right next to the hotel.

The hotel has just opened a water park, although it had potential to be a great water park, only two things were open, none of the slides were running because they ''have a problem with the size of the pools at the bottem of the slides and not stopping at the end of the flume'' or so we were told...which doesn't fill you with confidence....very much a let down, I would feel sorry for anyone taking children to this water park!

Entertainent in the hotel was OK....A few quizzes, a bit of karoke, glass walking, nothing spectacular but again we weren't really expecting much! We went to the bar a little bit earlier one night and witnessed a very funny mini disco, the staff hardly knew the dances themselves...and they had a person running around in a big animal suit, to the horror of the children the person kept taking the head off!

Within your room I would recommend checking for breakages as we witnessed on two occasions different families being charged for damages in their room that they didn't do. If you notice anything then report it to the reception straight away.

Something I would take to Egypt with you is antibacterial hand wash to use after spending any money, it really is filthy and we didn't fancy taking chances on getting ill.

Sharm El Sheikh is very much under development and you felt a strong sense of poverty for the local people because other than the hotels there really is NOTHING....Some parts even looked like Iraq! I would not go back to this area because of this and also the stress of the airport...I have never been to such a crazy airport...people rushing to take your cases to the coaches in return for tips, about 10 different security checks, really not having a clue where you're going...On departure the airport had full capicity of people inside and you felt like cattle...not only this smoking is permitted which is not great in a room with no windows!

The holiday was an eyeopener to a resort under development...it was also a relaxed break in the sun which was what we wanted.

• Liked — The hotel grounds
  • Disliked — Restaurant and reception
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
10 Thank JellyTangle
essex
Reviewed December 7, 2007

my fiance, myself, our 2 friends and theyre 2 children stayed in the park inn resort for a week starting from the 7th nov 07. it was a bit disapointing at 1st as we were meant to be staying at the radisson sas; but for whatever reason we were taken over to its sister hotel: park inn!! however once we got there it was beautiful!!! the food was a bit poor at 1st but every day it got better...lots of salad, chips, pizza kebab, bbq chicken....it was lovely ! the staff were fantastic, extrremely friendly and welcoming. the kids enjoyed all the activities by the pool during the day and the night entertainment. there was something for everyone!! rooms were great and hygiene was exceptional!! we will be definately going back to that hotel next year cannot wait!!!!!

• Liked — staff and scenery was great
  • Disliked — having to barter for everthing-was a bit fun i guess!!
  • Stayed November 2007
7 Thank lauren1987
Lancashire, England
Reviewed November 28, 2007

I have just returned from the Park Inn and have mixed views on it. My room was spacious, comfortable with nice balcony and decent bathroom, all kept very clean, as was the whole hotel.

On the whole the hotel staff were helpful and very friendly, but I found the service in the hotels, two, very large restaurants poor. It is all self-service with often long queues, or worse, a scrum, - be warned, Russian guests do not believe in queuing! The dining experience was more a case of a quick, noisy ‘re-fuel’ and pretty much reminded me of the ‘school-meals’ cafeteria.

I found the food to be 'average' - sometimes good, especially the alternate night BBQ’d meats and at other times poor - especially desserts, mostly dry and stale cakes. The food was a little boring and repetitive, but certainly no need to starve and breakfast always ok. They do not serve snacks and you cannot get ice-creams or lollies etc by the pool or beach. You also have to pay $3.00 if you want a kettle and coffee in your room!

The hotel is very large and the gardens around it are lovely. The bar pool was fine and there are plenty of sun-beds , but the constant music around it was way too loud and invasive for me, as were the Russian guests who made up around 80% of guests during my stay. The smaller pool was quieter, but unfortunately the water was very cold as it was not heated, unlike the main pool.

The hotel beach is a fair walk across the road with a frequent shuttle bus. The beach itself is made up of hard gritty sand and I don’t think it was a particularly good or safe beach for children. But again, plenty of sun-beds and a small bar area, with showers.

All the time I was there the sea was too windy and choppy to go snorkelling with strong under-currents that pulled you way out. I consider myself to be a reasonably strong swimmer but I only tried it the once! I don’t know if this was a one-off, but suspect it may be a permanent feature of this particular bay? I visited a few other bays much further down the coast the same week and conditions were much safer.

The entertainment in the evenings was mostly geared up for the Russians, but even when it wasn’t it was poor - but maybe that’s just me - I don’t usually go in for hotel entertainment. Which brings me to a further problem, there is nothing to do outside of the hotel at all, unless you want to go into Nama Bay which is at least a £10.00 round taxi trip.

In conclusion, for me the major down side of this hotel besides the 'isolation' of Nabq Bay itself (nothing but hotels and very few shops) was the Russian guests. I’m aware that this sounds like a typically British racist comment, but they really were rude, ignorant, very loud and pushy - almost to the point of aggression. They make no eye contact with other guests and do not smile or return a greeting, which you soon realise is a pointless gesture anyway. It was impossible to ignore or escape them.

The other downer is that the hotel is directly under the flight-path of the airport; hence the aeroplane noise was really bad and goes on throughout the night at weekends, take good earplugs if you are a light sleeper.

This was my first holiday in Egypt, so difficult to compare, but this is definitely not a 5* and the food/restaurant service is 2*. I changed hotel for the last 2 days of my holiday to the Iberotel Fanfara and this was far superior in terms of food, beach area, customer service etc, although the bedrooms much smaller and not as good.

Were it not for the Russians, I would say this is an ok budget hotel if you get a bargain rate (which I did) and just want to relax around a pool and soak up the sun.

• Liked — Spacious, comfortable bedrooms
  • Disliked — The Russian guests
10 Thank lancslassie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
Sharm El Sheikh Marriott Resort
#60 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,105 reviews
Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Resort
Regency Plaza Aqua Park & Spa Re...
#94 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
Xperience Sea Breeze Resort
Xperience Sea Breeze Resort
#9 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,574 reviews

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Sharm El Sheikh Resort? Share your experiences!