We've never written a review before but the staff at MTS and Grand Plaza Resort were absolutely brilliant! Thank you all the staff an especially Mohamed Saad in the front office and Amir, our cleaner. Highlights; coral reef at end of jetty on private beach an absolute gem - the fish were stunning; the staff - first time we've felt anywhere that the staff actually cared about us; MTS Holiday Company Staff - looked after us from day one; lots of sunbeds free by the sea every day.
Lowlights: sunbeds round the pool all gone by 7:30 am!
We stayed w/c 17 July 2010 for 1 week and were left at the airport as no one else was travelling to our hotel (first trip to Egypt) and the MTS rep travelled in the final bus with us to the hotel, chatting to us about customs, what to do & not to do etc. He stayed with us until we were in the safe hands of the hotel staff who were also brilliant and we were upgraded due to the inconvenience caused by the wait at the airport. Our cases were collected at the entrance and delivered to our rooms.
Me & hubby travelled with my brother & his wife and we were given a suite of rooms, with a fantastic sea view. Everyone we spoke to had a great view of either the sea or beautifully kept gardens & no one was unhappy.
The MTS rep was fab & gave us the best advice; don't drink the water; don't try the same food everyday - browse all the counters and then decide what to have before saying the same food is on offer every mealtime; haggle with everyone; be polite and the locals will be polite back; drink at least 3 litres of water every day; use the pharmacy he recommended not the one that says 'Boots'; if you need a doctor agree the price first!
We didn't need a doctor but did use the pharmacy as we all contracted Pharoah's Revenge (diarrhoea) and the pharmacist explained it was due to the different bacteria we encountered NOT bad food or hygiene and my GP confirmed this when I got back (I didn't get it until the last day, but the others got it earlier & were ok).
The trips were reasonably priced & we didn't go elsewhere as others have recommended but were pleased with what we encountered - the star gazing trip was fab. We hired our own taxi into Sharm one evening & got the taxi driver's card. He was great & gave us a running commentary of what we saw.
I would highly recommend this hotel. We didn't like the pressure in Sharm but loved this complex with its private beach, fabulous snorkelling, no shortage of sunbeds on the beach, though round the pool was a problem. The Spa staff were a bit annoying bothering us all day but be firm and the majority will just say 'hello' as they pass you each day. We had braids put in at a great price (after haggling) and manicures & pedicures too!
Food & drink was fab, the pools exceptionally clean, linen changed every day, air conditioning great and a safe in our room. We can't rate this hotel highly enough as cases were collected on arrival and departure, stored safely until ready to leave and we were still allowed to use the restaurant and pool until we left at 3pm ( we had to vacate the room at 12 noon).
The entertainment wasn't geared towards the Brits and if you're looking for regular British food and entertainment, this isn't the hotel for you. But if you are looking to try something different, quiet, good quality and enjoy the company of other nationalities then this is probably up your street.
Go with an open mind and enjoy the experience!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly laid on the shores of the Red Sea, with private 300 meters long sandy beach, own stunning Coral reef, 90 meters away walk on the hotel own jetty, The Sharm Grand Plaza reflects peacfulness, tranquility and comfort.The one and only resort in Sharm featuring a 2 double queen size bed in all rooms "160 cm wide", Our aim is for you to relax and enjoy the wide range facilities of pools, entertainment and Dinning experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Priceline so you can book your Sharm Grand Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sharm Grand Plaza Hotel Nabq Bay
- Grand Plaza Hotel
- Grand Plaza Sharm El Sheikh
- Grand Plaza Resort
- Sharm Grand Plaza Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay