We chose this hotel for our honeymoon from 10th April - 24th April, and we weren't disappointed when we arrived, the drive upto the hotel is lovely and the hotel itself really is grand. We were upgraded to a seaview room (1310) which was huge and really clean and it was kept that way throughout our stay, with lovely towel animals made on the bed etc. and my PJ's made into shapes :-)
The hotel has lovely pools and especially the pool out the front of reception - this tends to be mainly British so not so many arrogant Russians in your face. The animation pool is busier and this is where you can do water aerobics etc. its a good pool but we prefered the quiter one.
The beach has a few jettys that you can go out to and snorkel etc. this is always attended and you can feel safe in the water.
The animation team are great too, Dylan, Kelly and the rest of the team (apologies I can't remember everyones name) they are really friendly and chatty without being too pushy, lovely people. Although, I am sure they feel the same - the entertainment could do with an uplift.
The food was the one major downfall in this place, it tends to cater for a very basic pallet - I do not want brocolli with mashed potato for breakfast - or even lunch at that matter - and please stop putting cinnamon on everything! Even dinner was poor, it doesn't matter what the sign says, you can guarantee it will pretty much all taste the same. I am a vegetarian and the vegetarian option was always just last nights vegetables in a 'new' sauce (which tasted the same no matter what it stated) The best food we had was on the Friday nights when the hotel did a British BBQ and also a burger king we had delivered from the down the road!
All in all, we would visit this hotel again but only if the food changed.
Lastly I would like to give a special mention to Effal in the restaurant, he was awesome - everynight he saved us a seat and we didn't get up for drinks once, hes a star and you should look out for him and look after him if you visit this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly laid on the shores of the Red Sea, with private 300 meters long sandy beach, own stunning Coral reef, 90 meters away walk on the hotel own jetty, The Sharm Grand Plaza reflects peacfulness, tranquility and comfort.The one and only resort in Sharm featuring a 2 double queen size bed in all rooms "160 cm wide", Our aim is for you to relax and enjoy the wide range facilities of pools, entertainment and Dinning experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Sharm Grand Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sharm Grand Plaza Hotel Nabq Bay
- Grand Plaza Hotel
- Grand Plaza Sharm El Sheikh
- Grand Plaza Resort
- Sharm Grand Plaza Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay