This was our first time to this hotel... there was 6 of us including a 4 year old and a 8 month old...
The hotel itself is beautiful and the rooms are very spacious.. we requested a cot and when it arrived a bar was missing so rung to get it changed but nobody came so i ended up having to tie a sheet around to stop her from getting out (the next day after another complaint) it got changed
The room had 2 very large beds which were comfy, bath and shower, mini fridge, no tea / coffee facilities though which didnt really bother us as we dont drink it and a tv which a relatively good amount of english channels....
The pools were lovely and clean and there were enough beds to go around... I think they could do with having beds around the lazy river as nobody uses it because of this...
When my mum came back in November they had chicken and chips throughout the day and when we came back they apparently can only get it from 3pm now and the chef doesnt like giving you more than 3 chicken wings (but we founf people paying him at dinner time and getting a plate full of chicken wings) which is wrong!
When we arrived we had silver bands for english but towards the end of our holiday they had changed everybody to red which i dont think helps! The bands were good as you knew who was who and the staff knew which language you spoke... As i saw down on the jetty the lifeguard was finding difficult trying to keep everyone in line not knowing what language they speak... and there were some idiots out that day!
The upstairs resturaunt is no were near as nice as downstairs, upstairs in the morning you have birds flying in and sitting on the food and cutelry and the staff refuse to put two tables together if there is more than 4 of you.. downstairs is much more relaxed the staff are fantastic and the food is much better.. Figoo the waiter is fantastic that blokes runs around all night making sure everybody has a drink, fresh cutelry and whatever else you need, and is fantastic with the kids (he brought us a highchair everyday for little one) he seems to do 10x more than anyone in there
We had a couple of problems such as our air con breaking 4 times (4days) while we were there and having to complain many times and them coming to (fix it) numerous times in the end it finally got fixed.
The animanation team were great, apart from the one who ran up and down screaming in your ear trying to get you to clap etc all night lol, ryan well hes just ryan lol, fab bloke... the entertainment was good, bet than some places
Last year the resturaunt down by the beach you used to get an invite and get a lovely meal but now they have turned it into an Italian resturaunt which were not allowed in :( which is a big shame
Nuts bar is great - british only bar, which at 11pm (when the all inclusive stops) the lights go down and the disco starts...
Overall there is a few improvments this hotel could make but i enjoyed it and will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly laid on the shores of the Red Sea, with private 300 meters long sandy beach, own stunning Coral reef, 90 meters away walk on the hotel own jetty, The Sharm Grand Plaza reflects peacfulness, tranquility and comfort.The one and only resort in Sharm featuring a 2 double queen size bed in all rooms "160 cm wide", Our aim is for you to relax and enjoy the wide range facilities of pools, entertainment and Dinning experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sharm Grand Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sharm Grand Plaza Hotel Nabq Bay
- Grand Plaza Hotel
- Grand Plaza Sharm El Sheikh
- Grand Plaza Resort
- Sharm Grand Plaza Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay