Just returned from our first trip to Sharm and we will be back.
If you haven't been to Sharm before then you will be a little shocked as outside all the hotels it is a little like a wasteland, however once inside the Sharm Grand Plaza - you would be a fool to move.
The hotel is huge, much bigger than some of the others in the area acording to people we got talking to, and thats one thing you will find you do a lot of - talk to lots of Brits!
The fantastic thing is that you get 4 hours in the NUTS bar which is exclusive to Brits - you will understand why this is so good once you have experienced the Russians! Lots of people to talk to and make friends with - Big shout out to Tony and Ingrid!
Make sure you find Effat in the restaurant and slip him a quid or two - this guy will treat you like a Prince - and tell him when it is your last day for a goody bag for on the plane!
Muastafa it the head chef - he is one of the most freindly people you will ever meet -any issues with the food and ask for him to come out - you wont be dissappointed.
Someone mentioned the air-con - if you have any issues then ring reception - they basically flick a switch and it starts working.
Also, one of the guest was moaning that it was too light in the morning as the curtains didnt fully close, what this Brummy didnt realize that there was a black out blind behind the main curtain so make sure you dont miss it like he did( well thats Brummy's for ya!!)
I would have given this 5 stars however the HOTEL MANAGER must give guests FREE WIFI -
could all people who write on here mention the same as Iphone and Ipads are almost obsolete when you have to pay the massive charges you incur from your phone network.
Please make sure you tip - cleaner, gardner, towel boy , waiter etc - I took £50 in £ coins and spent the lot - but it made me feel soooooo gooood.
So in summary - great hotel but must add FREE WIFI to make me book again - I will be watching for an update.
Cheers me dears.......
Paul and Sandra
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly laid on the shores of the Red Sea, with private 300 meters long sandy beach, own stunning Coral reef, 90 meters away walk on the hotel own jetty, The Sharm Grand Plaza reflects peacfulness, tranquility and comfort.The one and only resort in Sharm featuring a 2 double queen size bed in all rooms "160 cm wide", Our aim is for you to relax and enjoy the wide range facilities of pools, entertainment and Dinning experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and Priceline so you can book your Sharm Grand Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sharm Grand Plaza Hotel Nabq Bay
- Grand Plaza Hotel
- Grand Plaza Sharm El Sheikh
- Grand Plaza Resort
- Sharm Grand Plaza Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay