Myself and my partner have just returned from 14 AMAZING days at the Sharm Grand Plaza. We had a fabulous time. On arrival, we were checked in quickly and shown to our room in the Tiran Block. Not the best view from the balcony but the room itself was clean, spacious and modern. Besides, how much time would you really spend sitting on a balcony?? Two huge double beds, bathroom was lovely, no complaints,
The hotel itself is huge, and it took us a couple of days to get our bearings. The pool areas were big, there were lots of sunbeds available. There is the main pool, which is right on the beach, there is the olypmic pool a minutes stroll from that and then the Nino pool near reception. All three were amazing, pools were kept clean and all had bars next to them.
The staff at this hotel are absolutely fantastic, getting you involved in all the daytime and evening activities, although if you just want to chill they will leave you to it. All the entertainment guys are FANTASTIC...especially Matty, Sam, Bianca, Alex...you guys ROCK!! We did a couple of nights out with them. One to Space and the other to the beach party and they made sure we had a brilliant time ( shame my other half only managed an hour there hahaha i am sure you will all remember that!!!) The beach party at Pataya was immense, my legs are still aching!!! Both were an all inclusive deal, drinks til 2am on both nights, and all for £20!!!
Have to mention my friend Salah in the nuts bar, my favourite out of all the staff there, makes the best cocktails in all of Egypt! Also Sam, Mustafa and all the others, too many to mention but just the nicest guys, and you all made our holiday even better! It is open to only English up until 11pm when the all inclusive finishes.
I have seen alot of reviews on here complaining about 'all the russians' at the hotel. My opinion is, everyone, no matter what country you are from, needs their holidays. Yes, sometimes they can seem abrupt and a little rude, but so can alot of English people. Some of the Russian people we spoke to were lovely, so please dont let that put you off. You will be missing out!
Food wise, i'll be honest, it isn't the greatest but you will always find something you will like. There was the main restaurant and Palmyra, which are both buffet. We never went hungry but, as you generally find with all inclusive, it can get a bit 'samey' . The grill restaurant on the beach was lovely, freshly cooked meats, a bit BBQ style, which we really enjoyed. Snacks during the day consisted of chicken wings, salads, chips and burgers, which you can get at the pool bars. The Palmyra restaurant opens at 1130pm for late night snacks, which was fab. We ate out quite a few times, the Union Jack over the road was amazing, you can get everything from a full english to a roast dinner.
Definitly try Naama Bay and the Old Market. A taxi down there shouldn't cost more than 50 Egyptian Pounds. Old Market is great for shopping and bartering. Naama Bay is a bit more commercialised, but still fab. We had a steak dinner, starters, drinks and sheesha for under £20 for both of us!
I would also recommend doing Quad Biking and Tiran Island. We also did the Cairo trip. Obviously, check the situation over there as it is kicking off a bit at the moment. We went to Sharm Club, which was directly opposite the hotel, and got a fantastic deal on all three so definitly go there!
All in all, i would one hunder recommend this hotel to friends, as well as customers, we couldn't have wished for a better holiday. Thanks Guys
Sam and Mike xxxxx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly laid on the shores of the Red Sea, with private 300 meters long sandy beach, own stunning Coral reef, 90 meters away walk on the hotel own jetty, The Sharm Grand Plaza reflects peacfulness, tranquility and comfort.The one and only resort in Sharm featuring a 2 double queen size bed in all rooms "160 cm wide", Our aim is for you to relax and enjoy the wide range facilities of pools, entertainment and Dinning experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sharm Grand Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sharm Grand Plaza Hotel Nabq Bay
- Grand Plaza Hotel
- Grand Plaza Sharm El Sheikh
- Grand Plaza Resort
- Sharm Grand Plaza Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay