Stayed at this hotel for 7 nights arriving on the 8th November and found check in a little chaotic but was welcomed with a fresh orange juice which certainly went down well.
The grounds are stunning and kept beautifully and the gardeners work extremely hard to keep them looking so!
We learnt quite quickly that tipping goes along way and the locals love British pound coins, so take plenty and if you tip well then you are well looked after from staff. We tipped the towel guys and they made sure our beds were ready when we arrived after breakfast, we tipped the waiters and they remembered our drinks and table when we arrived for dinner. You don't have to tip a lot but you will soon learn that if you don't then you won't be taken care of compared to the ones that do.
The pools are lovely but we found the niño pool quieter but not as friendly, the pool by the beach is much more livier however you do get hassled quite a bit by tour guides!
The food is varied, there were two nights that the kids struggled to find anything to eat so I really do think they ought to cater a bit more for the younger guests but overall the food was good. Failing that only a 15 minute walk from hotel is your fast food restaurants such as KFC and McDonald's and they deliver too to your hotel!
The beach is lovely but if you are typical beach lovers then the sand is not smooth and because of the coral you can't paddle in the water easily but wow the fish were beautiful and the sea was so warm!
We had a family room and the room was huge, one of the biggest we have ever experienced for a family of 5 and definitely good value for money. It was kept clean, every day if we wanted it which I think is nice but the bathroom definitely needs to be refurbed as the bath and shower curtain was looking a little tiresome.
We used the spa once whilst we were on holiday but found it extremely basic compared to others we have used previously.
Overall we had a fab holiday, would go again and bear in mind when writing reviews that 5 star hotels in Egypt are not equivalent to uk 5 stars so as long as you don't go with that in mind I'm sure you will also be pleased!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly laid on the shores of the Red Sea, with private 300 meters long sandy beach, own stunning Coral reef, 90 meters away walk on the hotel own jetty, The Sharm Grand Plaza reflects peacfulness, tranquility and comfort.The one and only resort in Sharm featuring a 2 double queen size bed in all rooms "160 cm wide", Our aim is for you to relax and enjoy the wide range facilities of pools, entertainment and Dinning experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Sharm Grand Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sharm Grand Plaza Hotel Nabq Bay
- Grand Plaza Hotel
- Grand Plaza Sharm El Sheikh
- Grand Plaza Resort
- Sharm Grand Plaza Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay