$91
$135
$105
$266
  • Pool
Parrotel Aqua Park(Nabq Bay)(Great Value!)
$70
$202
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $226/night.

$102
$78
$544
$144
7,211 results
All reviewsjaz mirabelgreat holidayanimation teamfamily roomtowel arta la carte restaurantsbar staffplenty of choiceevening entertainmentfantastic hotelspecial thankswelcome drinkmain barpastasharm elhead chefmost nights
Reviewed July 9, 2007

I have never written one of these reviews before but felt I had to after reading mixed opinions before we visited. We returned early Monday morning and we've had a thoroughly enjoyable holiday and feel fully refreshed.
Firstly I agree entirely with 'lady blonde's' comments especially that quite clearly some people love to moan I really don't know what they expect?!?!?!
The rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable (in fact I think the bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept in) and provide very good air-conditioning which is much needed in 40degrees heat!!
The staff are friendly and go out of their way to provide a high level of customer service.
I felt there was a good selection of food each day although my husband slightly disagrees with me- but you cannot expect to be served English food in Egypt!!
We did have upset bellies but not as bad as other times we've been away and most people we spoke to also had a touch of it but nothing major.
The facilities are brilliant we highly recommend the Egyptian massage it is so relaxing. The sauna also has 2 steam rooms,2 saunas and the biggest jacuzzi I've ever seen. There are ample sunbeds around the pool and on the beach and several bars to choose from.
The sea water is very shallow at the hotel beach but if you enjoy snorkeling you must go to the bay round the corner (turn left on the beach and it's a 5-10 min walk) there are the most amazing fish and the water is a lot deeper but if you are traveling in summer I recommend you go earlier or later in the day as it's a bit cooler then, the heat can be quite intense so it a very sticky walk if not. There is a hotel being built around the bay so we think once that's complete in April '08 this beach will become private so go while you can.
We also recommend the trip to Naama Bay by night it is perfect for a special occassion- lovely food and beautiful surroundings.
Quad biking is also great fun.
We would definately consider going back to Mirabel Beach again and usually I am of the opinion that there are so many places in the world to visit why go back to the same place?- So thats quite a compliment coming from me!
If you have not booked yet try to get into the Mirabel Beach rather than the Park although you can use both hotels facilities the Beach is much better.
You will have a lovely holiday-have fun!!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
6  Thank paulou
Reviewed July 9, 2007

Was absolutely amazing stay!!
The food had so much varity and changed every night, was delicious!!
The staff there are so friendly and helpful all the time and at all hours of the night
Whatever your looking out of a holiday, this hotel has it, looking for some quiet time - theres the beach and the pools are brilliant, 2-3 kids pools and a couple big main ones
The rooms were gorgeous with big walk in showers.
The cleaning service was brilliant, always immaculate and the towel art that they did every morning was hilarious
Worth every penny!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Steph665
Reviewed July 9, 2007

First of all i would like to say do not take all of the negative reviews as truth. Everyones idea of a holiday is different but i can honestly say this is the best hotel ive stayed in and the best
holiday ever.
When we arrived (me and my boyfriend) the heat hits you staright away. As it's a military airport the reps cannot enter the airport but its so straight forward anyway. You all head towards the queue for the visa, if you do not want one then you go straight through passport control. (You only need a visa if you are visiting Cairo or luxor). However we bought one just in case. When you get the visa they take your return flight tickets off you and you get them back on the coach.
Once we arrived at the mirabel, the bell boys take your case to your room and you follow after a glass of orange. The first thing you notice about the mirabel is the grandness of the reception, its beautiful and the staff are excellent.
Our room was number 2117, groundfloor, whilst it was opposite the pool we couldnt see the pool for the hedges.
Our room had two really comfortable single beds and the tv is in the bedroom it had about 8 reallly good english channels with a films on every night at 9 and 11.
The bathroom was huge with a big walk in shower . The rooms were also cleaned evryday and the cleaner left a creation made of towels everyday.
The pool area is massive, the pools are huge, althought i must say a negative is that the temperature in the pool was 30 degrees, so not good when you want to jump in and cool down. There are 3 pool bars, 2 of them serve food, including chips as you cant get chips from the restaurants at night. The all inclusive service at the bars include vodka, gin, whisky, brandy and rum. soft drinks and ice cream.
The restaurant in the evening had a themed night every evening. The choice was amazing, their would always be a full buffet and then 3 food stations with different foods. one would always be pasta. In the mornings these stations would be an omlette one and a pancake one. If your expecting pork, you will only get beef sausages, beef bacon and been ham, which is just no comparison to proper pork! but you have to respect the muslim tradition. Some of the reviews said that the drink service was slow. You simply signal to the waiter, if they havnt already come over the minute you walked in, and they take your order. Then you go up to the buffet and when you return your drinks are their and then they make sure you've got a drink all the time.
You also get one free visit per couple to one of the speciality restuarants. We chose the Italian, but what we did not know was it was only part of the all inclusive if you eat of the set menu, and the choice was veal or sea bass, so if you dont like them you have to pay to order something else.
The beach, we thought was a little disappionting. The sea was shallow for a good 20 minute walk and then when it did get deeper it was too rough to swim in. The sand is also made of bits of rock, not soft sand.
We went on two trips. The red sea cruise round ras mohammed national park and went scuba diving, the corals and the fish were amazing, the crew really looked after you, i would strongly recommend it. The second was st. Catherines monastery. This was breath taking, but note the knees and shouers must be covered on this trip. It also included half a day shopping in Dahab, which is a beautiful resort.
Overall the hotel was worth its 5 stars, even on our 14th night we was stil walking round in awe of the place.
The egyptian people are lovely so you will probably want to tip them, we left this to the end of holiday, and what ever you give them they are greatful of.
In namma bay it is a different story. The shuttle bus that takes you their is less then 4 pound return per person. Once you get to namma bay you are hastled like mad! but if you say no to them they tend to leave you alone, after all they just want to earn a living so they wil try their best to gte you to buy something! naama itself though offers a huge array of restaurants from kfc to the hard rock cafe, The tavern is the place to be for sky sports.
For everyone reading this who is going to the mirabel, you wont be disappointed! I would definately recommend the hotel, i think its improvong by day as the manager regualry asks what he can do to improve it.
If their is anything else you want to know, just ask

Stayed: July 2007
10  Thank babyduck2309
Reviewed June 22, 2007

First of all, let me explain who this review is coming from. I am a 19 year old girl, and i spent a week at the Jaz Mirabel with my parents and fiance. I will make this review as honest and to the point as i can, as ive noticed people just LOVE to moan when writing reviews.

We arrived in Egypt early evening, the heat when you step off the plane is amazing! a real opening of an oven door effect! Airport is nice and air conditioned, not to busy, and the people are friendly. If they approach you to take your bag, you just say "No Thankyou" Lots of people queued up for a Visa but we didnt. Our bags came through quite quickly and we got on the coach and set off. easy. the Jaz was only 10 minutes down the road, which was handy.

Upon arrival, it looked amazing!! first off you have to go through a metal detector and they check your bag, but that just shows how high the security is, which is reassuring. When you get into reception, its like an Egyptian Palace!!! you dont lug your case around because they take them at the door and drop them to your room. You even get a drink upon arrival too!

THE ROOM.
Our room was right nextdoor to my parents, and they were a fair walk, but nothing no one couldnt manage, after all its good to walk. The room was spotless and smelt lovely. MASSIVE bed, lovely balcony overlookin the pool and you could even see the beach, lots of towels, a brilliant hairdryer that even dried thick hair like mine, so girls dont take a hairdryer! the air con was VERY icy, sometimes too cold!! the tv had good channels and the mini bar was temptin, nice place to keep the bottles of water that you collect. our cases arrived at the room in 10 minutes. easy

DINING ROOM AND BAR.
Dining room was lovely and big, we got quite friendly with a waiter on our first night, he is situated right up near the buffett at the top, hes called Aymen, looks like a young Michael Jackson and is SO friendly, (Miss You Aymen) The food is alright, obviously dont eat anything you are'nt to sure on. the food is themed every night (Asian, Oriental, International, French......) if you dont see anything, theres always back up of pasta etc. NEVER EVER waited for our drinks, the wine was nice, and the vodka was nice, the food is presented really well, but its hard to know exactly what it is. just be sensible i suppose. There is an upstairs cocktail bar, which we sat in every night, the waiters up there are very friendly, and the Tequila Sunrises are a must try! SO YUMMY! the bar outside the restaurant outside was open the first 2 nights, but closed for the rest of the week, not sure why, they seem to move their entertainment around the bars, which is fair enough. The Animation Team always kept us up to date with what was happening and where.

POOL AREA
The pools were MASSIVE! we always sat near where the water polo nets are, which was right in the middle of all the action. in the morning there is Water Aerobics, which looked fun, i didnt take part cos i am lazy, they play wicked music (even Michael Jackson.... I like him, can u tell?) the water polo is fun to watch, my fiance took part n we made good mates. you can always guarantee a pool to yourself at one point, its wicked! pools and like bath water, lovely n warm. the pool bars and really good with ice cold drinks, and the restaurant right down near the beach was so yummy, try the fish fingers, their not like english fish fingers, their better. all food and drink was instant!

ILLNESS
ok let me put it this way, you are bound to get SOMETHING wrong, to a tummy ache to being sick all night, its just the way it is, theres no explanation for it, the Thomson rep (Che, miss you too!!) said that every week, one of the reps is down with it, its just the heat and the change of food, the way its cooked maybe cos lets face it, u cant go 2 egypt and expect everythin to be like england! my advise is to drink plenty of water, take breaks from the heat, and know what you are eating. Unfortunately, me and my fiance were ill on the same night, i was the only one who was sick, but once its out ur system and u taken something, drink water be sensible and its gone! 24 hour thing! our cleaner was SO worried about us, my mother was also ill, he wanted to call a doctor, he even gave my mum some tablets that certainly did the trick, so kind, miss you Mohammed!

PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
from the people who work there to the guests who stayed there. The egyptian people all round the complex were gifted with manners and they were so polite, they all say hello to you, hold open doors, smile, work every hours under the sun, 7 days a week, for months, with no days off. i cant fault the people. THEN you get the russians and the germans. the most rude and arrogant people ever, they treat the staff like slaves, push in at the dinner queues, and the woman feel its a RULE to wear tiny thongs by the pool (i felt so proud to be english with my tush covered thank you very much!) you seriously have to just ignore them. i think their the people who do the towel stealing aswell (2 ladies had their towels stolen, so snide!) One morning, the place was totally mobbed with people, unfortunately the scottish flight had been cancelled, well apparently they moaned like hell, but you could see the waiters were bending over backwards for them, ungrateful is the word i think. over crowed beach they said?? yeh overcrowded because of them!!!!!!!!!! ahhh ok ive done my moaning. hehe!

BITS AND BOBS
I absolutely loved this holiday, the whole family did. i do actually remember my eyes filling up with tears when i had to leave and i saw the coach come to collect us. this place is an absolute MUST! i was so worried because of bad reviews, but seriously, people just LOVE to moan dont they?? obviously just because its 5* doesnt mean their gonna kiss the ground you walk on but i tell you, the people made my holiday for me! please just ignore the bad reviews, book up and enjoy.. im sorry i didnt write anything about the beach, we didnt go on the beach haha im a pool girl! if anyone wants to ask anything, email me Jaimeowen5000@hotmail.com, im up for answering anything! i just want lots of people to make some memories there too.

TIPS
Dont think you can tip one waiter, they cant keep it or they are sacked, they have 2 put it in a pot and have it shared.

The cleaners can keep their tips.

whatever sun protection u have bought? forget it. go and buy one higher. the heat is unthinkable and very deceaving! i recommend 30!

collect bottles of water at the restaurant and stock up.

be sensible, enjoy, and HAVE LOTSA EGYPTIAN FUN!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
26  Thank Lady_Blonde
Reviewed June 19, 2007

We spent one night at the Jaz Mirabel Beach hotel following a week at the Hyatt. Unfortunately our flight home was cancelled and Thomson bus'ed us to the Jaz for the night.

Having had such an amazing time at the Hyatt (have written a review) we were both worried about being at a different hotel for the night and indefiintely considering that we couldnt get any info on when we might get home. We ended up staying for a night and part of a day.

On arrival we were very impressed - the reception, bars and lobby are very clean and well decorated and we thought that we would be OK. We were very efficiently checked in considering the whole flight arrived at once, and received an AI wristband for our stay. We were sent to our room and our luggage followed.

The room was OK, not 5* but fairly clean. The air conditioning and lights only work when the card is in the door, so we had to put the air con on and close the partition doors as the room was roasting for ages. The bathroom was OK but very basic, and there was a bad smell coming from the drains.

We went up to the restaurant for dinner buffet-style and, having both had bad tummies, we tried to find something to eat. I didn't think much of the selection, and everything looked a bit lukewarm, but decided on some curry and rice. however, I was soon horrified to find the lamb in my curry was RAW and the rice cold. I told the chef who offered to cook me something special, but was pretty put off by this point.

We had a drink in the bar, which was practically undrinkable as it was so strong, and the beer was watered down. One of the guests had a fight with one of the waiters, and there was a terrible singer, so we just went to bed!!

The next day breakfast was terrible. There were no free tables and the waiters were run off their feet - it took us ages to find somewhere. The omelettes were runny and the pancakes pre-made and floppy, and the toast machine was totally surrounded. The whole place was far too full and the food looked messy and unappetizing.

We went to the beach for a few hours while we waited to find out if we were going to get home that day, and the beach was overcrowded and full of topless ladies. We had very much loved the beach at the Hyatt and this just did not compare - you had to walk miles to get into water of any depth and the beach looked dirty. There was no snorkelling available that I could see although I didn;t walk the 20 miles along the jetty.

The beach bar did not give out water in bottles and looked dirty and the toilets were a fair walk from the beach. The pool facilities did not look great and the sun loungers were flimsy and uncomfortable. Having walked miles to the beach, we then had to walk all the way to Reception to get towel cards, then walk back to get towels. We heard that there had been a spate of people stealing towels so we kept any eye on ours!!

The shopping area was dirty and horrible and the shopkeepers rude.

Lunch was a repeat of breakfast and dinner - total rabble, took hours to get drinks and couldn't find anything very appetising to eat.

I was totally shocked to find that this is a 5* hotel. It certainly looks nice, but the rooms, pool, beach and service leave a lot to be desired and we will DEFINITELY not be going back. We've decided that we'll be back to sharm later in the year, but we;ll stick the Hyatt!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple