“You Must Read This Review!!”
Review of Jaz Mirabel Beach

Jaz Mirabel Beach
Ranked #23 of 31 Hotels in Nabq Bay
England
“You Must Read This Review!!”
Reviewed June 22, 2007

First of all, let me explain who this review is coming from. I am a 19 year old girl, and i spent a week at the Jaz Mirabel with my parents and fiance. I will make this review as honest and to the point as i can, as ive noticed people just LOVE to moan when writing reviews.

We arrived in Egypt early evening, the heat when you step off the plane is amazing! a real opening of an oven door effect! Airport is nice and air conditioned, not to busy, and the people are friendly. If they approach you to take your bag, you just say "No Thankyou" Lots of people queued up for a Visa but we didnt. Our bags came through quite quickly and we got on the coach and set off. easy. the Jaz was only 10 minutes down the road, which was handy.

Upon arrival, it looked amazing!! first off you have to go through a metal detector and they check your bag, but that just shows how high the security is, which is reassuring. When you get into reception, its like an Egyptian Palace!!! you dont lug your case around because they take them at the door and drop them to your room. You even get a drink upon arrival too!

THE ROOM.
Our room was right nextdoor to my parents, and they were a fair walk, but nothing no one couldnt manage, after all its good to walk. The room was spotless and smelt lovely. MASSIVE bed, lovely balcony overlookin the pool and you could even see the beach, lots of towels, a brilliant hairdryer that even dried thick hair like mine, so girls dont take a hairdryer! the air con was VERY icy, sometimes too cold!! the tv had good channels and the mini bar was temptin, nice place to keep the bottles of water that you collect. our cases arrived at the room in 10 minutes. easy

DINING ROOM AND BAR.
Dining room was lovely and big, we got quite friendly with a waiter on our first night, he is situated right up near the buffett at the top, hes called Aymen, looks like a young Michael Jackson and is SO friendly, (Miss You Aymen) The food is alright, obviously dont eat anything you are'nt to sure on. the food is themed every night (Asian, Oriental, International, French......) if you dont see anything, theres always back up of pasta etc. NEVER EVER waited for our drinks, the wine was nice, and the vodka was nice, the food is presented really well, but its hard to know exactly what it is. just be sensible i suppose. There is an upstairs cocktail bar, which we sat in every night, the waiters up there are very friendly, and the Tequila Sunrises are a must try! SO YUMMY! the bar outside the restaurant outside was open the first 2 nights, but closed for the rest of the week, not sure why, they seem to move their entertainment around the bars, which is fair enough. The Animation Team always kept us up to date with what was happening and where.

POOL AREA
The pools were MASSIVE! we always sat near where the water polo nets are, which was right in the middle of all the action. in the morning there is Water Aerobics, which looked fun, i didnt take part cos i am lazy, they play wicked music (even Michael Jackson.... I like him, can u tell?) the water polo is fun to watch, my fiance took part n we made good mates. you can always guarantee a pool to yourself at one point, its wicked! pools and like bath water, lovely n warm. the pool bars and really good with ice cold drinks, and the restaurant right down near the beach was so yummy, try the fish fingers, their not like english fish fingers, their better. all food and drink was instant!

ILLNESS
ok let me put it this way, you are bound to get SOMETHING wrong, to a tummy ache to being sick all night, its just the way it is, theres no explanation for it, the Thomson rep (Che, miss you too!!) said that every week, one of the reps is down with it, its just the heat and the change of food, the way its cooked maybe cos lets face it, u cant go 2 egypt and expect everythin to be like england! my advise is to drink plenty of water, take breaks from the heat, and know what you are eating. Unfortunately, me and my fiance were ill on the same night, i was the only one who was sick, but once its out ur system and u taken something, drink water be sensible and its gone! 24 hour thing! our cleaner was SO worried about us, my mother was also ill, he wanted to call a doctor, he even gave my mum some tablets that certainly did the trick, so kind, miss you Mohammed!

PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
from the people who work there to the guests who stayed there. The egyptian people all round the complex were gifted with manners and they were so polite, they all say hello to you, hold open doors, smile, work every hours under the sun, 7 days a week, for months, with no days off. i cant fault the people. THEN you get the russians and the germans. the most rude and arrogant people ever, they treat the staff like slaves, push in at the dinner queues, and the woman feel its a RULE to wear tiny thongs by the pool (i felt so proud to be english with my tush covered thank you very much!) you seriously have to just ignore them. i think their the people who do the towel stealing aswell (2 ladies had their towels stolen, so snide!) One morning, the place was totally mobbed with people, unfortunately the scottish flight had been cancelled, well apparently they moaned like hell, but you could see the waiters were bending over backwards for them, ungrateful is the word i think. over crowed beach they said?? yeh overcrowded because of them!!!!!!!!!! ahhh ok ive done my moaning. hehe!

BITS AND BOBS
I absolutely loved this holiday, the whole family did. i do actually remember my eyes filling up with tears when i had to leave and i saw the coach come to collect us. this place is an absolute MUST! i was so worried because of bad reviews, but seriously, people just LOVE to moan dont they?? obviously just because its 5* doesnt mean their gonna kiss the ground you walk on but i tell you, the people made my holiday for me! please just ignore the bad reviews, book up and enjoy.. im sorry i didnt write anything about the beach, we didnt go on the beach haha im a pool girl! if anyone wants to ask anything, email me Jaimeowen5000@hotmail.com, im up for answering anything! i just want lots of people to make some memories there too.

TIPS
Dont think you can tip one waiter, they cant keep it or they are sacked, they have 2 put it in a pot and have it shared.

The cleaners can keep their tips.

whatever sun protection u have bought? forget it. go and buy one higher. the heat is unthinkable and very deceaving! i recommend 30!

collect bottles of water at the restaurant and stock up.

be sensible, enjoy, and HAVE LOTSA EGYPTIAN FUN!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — Everything baby!
  • Disliked — the russians and germans, rudeness gets you nowhere!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
26 Thank Lady_Blonde

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,279)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Scotland
Reviewed June 19, 2007

We spent one night at the Jaz Mirabel Beach hotel following a week at the Hyatt. Unfortunately our flight home was cancelled and Thomson bus'ed us to the Jaz for the night.

Having had such an amazing time at the Hyatt (have written a review) we were both worried about being at a different hotel for the night and indefiintely considering that we couldnt get any info on when we might get home. We ended up staying for a night and part of a day.

On arrival we were very impressed - the reception, bars and lobby are very clean and well decorated and we thought that we would be OK. We were very efficiently checked in considering the whole flight arrived at once, and received an AI wristband for our stay. We were sent to our room and our luggage followed.

The room was OK, not 5* but fairly clean. The air conditioning and lights only work when the card is in the door, so we had to put the air con on and close the partition doors as the room was roasting for ages. The bathroom was OK but very basic, and there was a bad smell coming from the drains.

We went up to the restaurant for dinner buffet-style and, having both had bad tummies, we tried to find something to eat. I didn't think much of the selection, and everything looked a bit lukewarm, but decided on some curry and rice. however, I was soon horrified to find the lamb in my curry was RAW and the rice cold. I told the chef who offered to cook me something special, but was pretty put off by this point.

We had a drink in the bar, which was practically undrinkable as it was so strong, and the beer was watered down. One of the guests had a fight with one of the waiters, and there was a terrible singer, so we just went to bed!!

The next day breakfast was terrible. There were no free tables and the waiters were run off their feet - it took us ages to find somewhere. The omelettes were runny and the pancakes pre-made and floppy, and the toast machine was totally surrounded. The whole place was far too full and the food looked messy and unappetizing.

We went to the beach for a few hours while we waited to find out if we were going to get home that day, and the beach was overcrowded and full of topless ladies. We had very much loved the beach at the Hyatt and this just did not compare - you had to walk miles to get into water of any depth and the beach looked dirty. There was no snorkelling available that I could see although I didn;t walk the 20 miles along the jetty.

The beach bar did not give out water in bottles and looked dirty and the toilets were a fair walk from the beach. The pool facilities did not look great and the sun loungers were flimsy and uncomfortable. Having walked miles to the beach, we then had to walk all the way to Reception to get towel cards, then walk back to get towels. We heard that there had been a spate of people stealing towels so we kept any eye on ours!!

The shopping area was dirty and horrible and the shopkeepers rude.

Lunch was a repeat of breakfast and dinner - total rabble, took hours to get drinks and couldn't find anything very appetising to eat.

I was totally shocked to find that this is a 5* hotel. It certainly looks nice, but the rooms, pool, beach and service leave a lot to be desired and we will DEFINITELY not be going back. We've decided that we'll be back to sharm later in the year, but we;ll stick the Hyatt!

• Liked — reception and bars comfortable and clean
  • Disliked — everything else! Especially service and food in restaurant
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank R2driver
Manchester
Reviewed June 12, 2007

Beautiful, very large, clean hotel in a fast developing resort.

In a nut shell, this hotel is ideal for families who want a large, clean safe environment for their children to play and for themselves to chill. Couples, don't be put off, it's not a scraming hell, there is plenty of room for santuary...It has amazing swimming pools, great restaurant and very friendly staff. The family rooms are superb and maintained to a high standard as is the rest of this very nice hotel complex.
I've just rturned from a weeks stay with my two young lads (4&8) and a group of adults, we all had a great time.
The beach area is large but pretty redundant cos the sea at this point along the coast isn't good for simming or snorkelling, but the complex has ample swimming area's and was surprisingly quiet during our stay, which was great for us. The boys loved it. Towels are laid out for you every morning and although the waiter service could be quicker you would have to be very picky to complain.
Evening entertainment.. hahahaha.. rubbish, but who cares, go to Blackpool if it's that important to you. It was just nice to sit around the bar areas chilling and enjoying conversation and a few laughs. Kids clubs were available, but we didn't use them, I'm on holiday with my kids, I want to spend time with them not palm them off for the day.
Food was good and in ample supply, beer was cold and wet and did the trick, red wine was straight from Aldi's bargain bucket and left well alone.
SUMMARY.. massive but beautiful place, great for families (but it's not over run with the blighters :)... but, if you like your snorkelling and want a smaller but very decent hotel, stay at Concorde el Salam in sharks bay (not the sports side).
Downside... Brits who expect Bacon and aunt bessies chips and struggle too accept that their in a foreign country.

Go visit.. a great week in the sun is guaranteed

• Liked — size and cleanliness
  • Disliked — location for snorkelling
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
11 Thank travelbloke
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2007

Returned from the Mirabel a week ago, this is a fabulous hotel and is worthy of its 5* rating. We are a couple and take several foreign holidays each year. Having been to the caribbean and on a 5* cruise this compares the same.

I have never met such polite and helpful peple, nothing was ever any trouble for them. We recieved 5* treatment the whole 2 weeks of our holiday and felt utterly spoilt.

The room maid kept our room spotless and we arrived back to a different towel art everyday, also flowers were placed in the room, even the gardener gave us flowers.

Meals were excellent, there is something for every one, I'm quite a faddy eater and can honestly say that I enjoyed it hence the spreading waist line.

We drink Red wine at home and found the wine here was really really nice, also the cocktails in the top bar are very good as well.

Took advantage of the free dinner and went to Tarbouche which was again to a very high standard (no complaints here)

This a big and spacious hotel and we never felt crowded at all, found the pool areas far too hot and spent everyday on the beach where there is a nice breeze, sea was so warm like sitting in a warm bath, agree you can't really swim but there is an area marked with buoys that is deeper and people swam there.

The 2 Mahmouds on the Beach well brill, never had to lift a finger for anything, every morning our towels were on our sunbeds,they kept us topped up with drinks all day even offering to go get another book when we had finished reading the old one, miss them.

Do go to the welcome meeting, not only is it informative it is also very funny as Che^ is very witty and a wealth of experience having lived in Egypt for 13 years.

I did get a jippy tummy but do not blame the food or drink it's just one of those things and it only lasted 24hours, the waiters insisted that I had fresh Peppermint tea and would pick fresh mint for me and it was really nice, it soon cleared it up. Beacase of the upset tummy I didn't feel up to going out on the Bedouin night but a quick word with Che^ and were booked on the next on.

Feeling a bit dejected as we have booked for Turkey in September and wished were going back here.

We really did love this hotel and can't find fault with anything at all

Have a great time when you go here you will not be dissapointed.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing at all
12 Thank sunnyblueskies
herts
Reviewed June 1, 2007

On arrival at the hotel we were very impressed with decor and general style, the reception staff were very polite and courteous and arranged for a golf buggy to to take us and baggage round to our room. The room was clean although it had not made up for 4 people (2 adults, 2 children). Phoned through for more towels and pillows etc and was informed that they would be straight round. Went to dinner to the buffet restaurant and again was impressed by the amount of food on offer. Pillows and extra towels finally made it round at about midnight by which time we were very tired and more than ready for bed !

The pool areas are well spaced out and lots of shady areas to lie under when it gets too hot. The beach was nearly always empty so it was nice to escape to quieter areas, although the sea isn't really deep enough to swim in. There is always two guys from the hotel on the beach watching out for sellers etc. During our stay we did actually see them chase off some young teenagers/young men.

Our room was kept tidy but not necessarily clean, I killed a bug on the floor of our bathroom at the beginning of our stay and it was still there the day we left ! We also had a leak coming through the ceiling in the entrance by the bathroom. Informed reception (nothing happened) and again the next day and finally someone came. He told us he had fixed it only to find the next day the same problem happening again. Gave up in the end and just lived with it.

The food in the main restaurant was a buffet every night and like one of the other reviewers said alot of it was the same, just called something different every day. The waiter service in the restauant was mixed, sometimes someone would be staraight over other times no one. The a la carte restaurants always looked empty so we never gave them a try. On the drink side of things the wine was awful and so were the spirits. The only thing drinkable was the beer, which was fine for my husband but not for a wine drinker like me.

My husband picked up a stomach bug on day 4 and was ill for the rest of the holiday. I thought I had escaped it by only eating the hot food but on flight home started to feel unwell and it seems that I have picked up the same thing. We heard lots of other people complaining of stomach aches/bugs etc so not sure how we picked them up.

We have stayed in lots of 4/5 star hotels across the world and I would rate this as a 4 star. We stayed only for a week and that was enough. Not sure I would recommend this hotel to family and friends, purely for the amount of people who were unwell.

• Liked — Very grand and spacious
  • Disliked — food, drink
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
7 Thank madasafishHerts
LIVERPOOL
Reviewed May 28, 2007

I have just returned back from the Mirabel Beach what a fantastic holiday, the rooms were bright and spacious they were cleaned on daily basis and always with a smile from the housekeeper. The food was excellant and plentifull you could eat all day long if you required this, their were plenty of bars and resteraunts to eat in and you did not have to wait more than a few seconds for your drink to arrive, we booked a trip out with the onsite dive school and went to Ras Mohammed on a snorkelling trip it cost about £35 and it was well worth it your lunch was provided and also all your equipment. I have to say me and my boyfriend really enjoyed this holiday and we will definatley will be returning to the Mirabel Beach.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — nothing
5 Thank lynseystow
lancashire
Reviewed May 28, 2007

I have just returned from a two week holiday with my girlfriend at the Mirabel Beach resort. What can I say...Absolutely great place, with fantastic staff and facilities.

I do quite a lot of travelling with my job staying at 4 and 5* hotels
all over the world. Personally I don't really like the "fustiness" of
many of these hotels but the Mirabel is quite different. All the staff are extremely friendly, and any problems we encountered were solved immediately.

The hotel definately has all the facilities you would require, gym, spa, extensive list of bars, restaurants, etc.

The quality of the food was on the whole very good although it's very
difficult to find a truly "English" breakfast anywhere outside the UK. The standard of the drinks were very good - please do sample all the cocktails!

A few musts are the quad bike excursion, the snorkelling, and if you have never dived before please take a couple of days to do your PADI open water. I did my first dive seeing a whole array of life including sting rays, lionfish, dolphins and another party saw five hammer heads - a real rarity and treat!

Possibly the only downside to this hotel is the entertainment. The nightclub is hardly ever busy although it is very well accomodated. The live singers are ok near the lobby bars and the Animation team entertainment is a little sickeningly cheesy for English palettes - but nevertheless great to laugh at. Do go to the beach party held every Friday.

One other drawback is that the hotel can seem a little quiet - mainly
due to it being very new and also the sheer size of it.

We would definately go again!

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Quietness
7 Thank mmmya
Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh
Iberotel Palace
Iberotel Palace
#10 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Jaz Mirabel Beach? Share your experiences!