“Jaz Mirabel Beach - What a place!”
Review of Jaz Mirabel Beach

Jaz Mirabel Beach
Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We have just returned from the Jaz Mirabel Beach resort (11-22 June,) this was our
first experience of an all inclusive holiday and I cannot recommend this place highly enough. The Hotel itself is beautiful, the staff; from house keeping, to reception, to bar are so friendly and polite; they accommodate your every wish and are happy to help in any way they can. Mohamed our house keeper was lovely and even made towel animals on request! Hassan kept us supplied with drinks all evening and was always there with a smile and a joke to keep us entertained, so much so I wanted to take him home with me; he should definitely be nominated for the Hotels best employee! The service at the poolside was wonderful and the service in both the family and adult restaurants was first class. The Cuban trio were excellent and would be strong contenders in any X Factor competition. We did not tip anyone until the end of our stay and I can say with 100% honesty that we were treated with the utmost respect and courtesy by everyone. When we did tip at the end of our stay we were told then that it was not necessary, (although I am sure very much appreciated,) how is that for sincerity! All in all I can say I would definitely recommend this Hotel to anyone and would challenge any body to find fault with it!
We went on the VIP cruise and had three stops for snorkelling which I would thoroughly recommend. Thompson did advise we should not do the quad biking but I have to say we booked with Falcon Adventure (opposite McDonalds in La Stradda) and it was a fantastic experience.

Room Tip: Our room was overlooking the back of the hotel with the sun on the balcony in the evening so I would...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Janice B
Write a ReviewReviews (6,789)

Reviewed June 27, 2014

I am 13 and went on holiday with my mum, brother and next door neighbours and I had a brilliant time! The evening and daytime entertainment was great! All the staff were really friendly and the food was brilliant! All of the pools were lovely and cool for when you come for a dip! I would like to say a special thanks to Seif (Animation team), Romany (Bar staff), Mohamed (main restaurant) and Mahamed (main restaurant). Overall, the hotel was the best I have stayed in and would love to go back again!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I have travelled with Thompsons the last 2 years now and stayed in a "platinum" both times. This Resort is by far below my expectations of a "platinum". I stayed at the Grand Sirinis in Mexico through thomsom last year which was absoloutley fantastic. This resort was a disapointment. We read all the fantastic reviews before we travelled and where very exited. We payed extra for a sea view room, I emailed the resort resrvation manager and asked if there were any further room upgrades and what the cost would be. He advised that we had a "superior sea view room and is one of the best in the hotel". This sounded amazing, when we arrived we were on the bottom floor and the view was covered by bushes, I rang reception and asked to be moved. They very kindley moved us into the oposite building with a sea view which was lovley but the patio door would not lock.. the time was now 1.30 am and they had a electrician trying to fix the broken door? (Wrong Trade?) after about 15 mins of them screaming at each other one of the senior members of staff tried explaining that we would be very safe with the door not being able to lock... We however do not want to leave our room permantley unlocked as im sure any one would feel the same I spoke to the resort manager and told him this is unacceptable and we should be given the room we have payed for.. But he explained that the hotel is full and there is no room for the room we have booked. At this point i am FURIOUS.. we were moved to another bottom floor room and were told it is the last available room.,...room 2170 staring directley at a building site for 2 weeks was not what we paid for. the room had not been cleaned in a long time as there was a thick layer of dust everywhere, this didnt bother me to much as the house keeper was then called out to clean our room...time is now 2.15 am. We tipped the housekeeper £10 as we felt bad he had been called out so late/early. he was a lovley guy and left some awesome towell art for us every day. the pool areas are nice and clean but the bar staff are not. i was ignored on many occasions and get the feeling that they look after the russians and fellow egyptians alot more than us British. In fact the whole country is better suited for Russians and Egyptians. Im not normally a fussy eater but here i was. Maybe im being a bit to picky but i dont understand how people on here write reviews about how amazing the food? It was utterley disgusting.. apart from the bread and the chips. We ordered Mcdonalds 6 nights of the 14 we were there and we wernt the only ones to say it was disgusting. The adults only restraunt made us feel so uncomfortable from the moment we walked in, and thats because of the fellow guest Glaring at us as if we are a peice of dirt.. Im sorry but ive paid just as much as you to be here so just because im a bit younger than you gives you no right to stick your nose up at me...
the A Le Cartes were nice on the other hand. We ate at the italian and the moon light. Meals where very nice and the service was awesome.
I was not impressed with the drinks, Being a 5 star resort you would expect to have real fruit juice... nope you get sweet as sugar itself squash.
the jetty was nice to walk up but would be nicer if the jetty was finished. We saw alot of pretty fish and even swam with a small eel/seasnake.
The thomson Rep Claire was lovley and would do anything to help while your there.

As a holiday we really enjoyed our selves but we had a bad experiance unfortunatley. As im sure many people will have a lovley time at this hotel. As ive been to alot of other places i would 100% reccomend spend a couple of hundred pounds extra and go to mexico because you will get so so much more for your money.

As we had a bad expeirance we will not be returning to Egypt let alone this resort.

We will be sending a formal complaint to Thomsons and will make them aware this is in no way a "Platinum resort" We paid for a service that was not provided (our sea view room) and will be asking for our money back for that.

Its a shame because this resort has got potential to be great, I guess we were just unlucky.

For a nice night out head to Soho Square, Very cheap in a taxi and there is alot of nice bars and shops to have a look around and not be hassled like everywhere else.

I may have had my expectaions to high before i arrived but I put that down to already going to a Platinum hotel the year before I expected simalar quality.

Allan.

Room Tip: Beach rooms are quiet. ask for the right hand side of the resort as there is no building site over t...
4  Thank Allan E
JazMirabelResort, General Manager at Jaz Mirabel Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Dear guest,

Thanks for choosing Jaz Mirabel Resort for your holiday. You were as very welcome as all of our guest. Unfortunately we are obliged to correct some points that you mentioned in the review:

You have received direct sea view room in perfect condition as it was confirmed by the e-mail. You then asked to be moved to the upper floor which was arranged immediately. You confirmed by yourself that the room is in perfect location and condition. Your room cleaning has been done every day like the other rooms and you never mentioned any issue neither about the room, nor about further issues that wrote in this review, although our guest relations team has made couple of courtesy call till end of your holiday.
It is not fact that a representative of our hotel would say that the hotel is full and your request cannot be fulfilled. Our experienced team is always happy to assist our valuable guests for any request during their holiday.
Our hotel is an international hotel, however the biggest majority of our guests is from UK, proudly to mention. Each and every guest of our hotel receives the equal highest standard service and hospitality.
Our hotel offers many varieties of food in the many restaurants and snack bars and food court. To name a few : 2 open buffet restaurants with different themed menus (Italian, English, Mexican, Asian, Oriental, Mediterranean etc.), on of them adult only; 4 A la Carte restaurant (one of them is dedicated for adult only). Snack Bars; food Court, midnight snack. We again are proud to mention that our excellent food and drinks offers are very highly appreciated by all of our guests and recommended.
We do respect all the opinions of our valued guest and use them as guidance to constantly improve our service and existing guest satisfaction. As a result of very high recommendation and excellent feedback of our guest we do receive ""Certificate of Excellence "" every year including 2014, which is given only to top ranked hotels among thousands of hotels.
With all respect to your opinion, we are having difficulty to understand the reason of posting this review, although you always were mentioning during your stay that your holiday is perfect.
Jaz Mirabel Resort will continue to offer the highest standard of Service of Hospitality to all our valued guests, to let them always experience the perfect holiday.

Thanks
Kind Regards

Ibrahim Halil

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Just returned from an awesome two week stay at Jaz Mirabel Beach Hotel.
8th - 22nd June 2014...We arrived late evening and were greeted with a smile and a well needed drink in the Hotels vast Reception area. After signing in we were driven to our room in a golf buggy. Our room was very spacious with a walk in shower, and the view from our first floor balcony was awesome. We had breakfast and evening meals in the adult only restaurant. We were shown to a table by a waiter named El Shanawy. He was brilliant he took care of us throughout the whole stay and went to great lengths to make sure our meal time went without a hitch. And on our last day El Shanawy had made us a table arrangement of a bird made from a napkin, sitting on a nest of colourful flower petals. What a pleasant surprize and a lovely special touch for our last meal. Our mid-day dining was at the Reef Diner next to the beach. A great place for cheese burgers and fries, or a fab ham, or tuna sandwiches, or pizzas... We had the same sun bathing spot by the pool for the whole two weeks. The pool side bar was called the Blue Bar. We give a big Thankyou to Mohammed (number 1) who kept us well refreshed with water, orange juice, and vodka and cokes, and beer, every day when needed. From 9am till Late afternoon Mohammed always had a smile, and kept us entertained, and always aimed to go that extra, to make our stay a special one. Thanks again Mohammed (number 1) for a fab time. Our room was cleaned and refreshed with clean linen and towels every day, and the towel art left on the bed was out of this world, and totally amazing. The al a carte, dining is a big hit with all the guests, so get your reservations in quickly. The entertainment in evening is low key, but on the whole its ok. If you like snorkling the vip cruise excursion is a must, the coral reefs are breathe taking, and amazing experience, even for us first timers...The Soho Square excursion is good too, go to the ice bar, and have a drink in a room made of entire ice. Have your photo taken with a polar bear.... ( its safe its not a real one....lol)
To some up our first time in Egypt, and at the Jaz Mirabel Beach Hotel, we can say is don't take our word for it, come and see for yourself, you wont be disappointed, we will certaintly be returning some time soon........Special Thanks to all the hotel staff, for making our holiday a special one, look forward to more in the future....from Mick & Debbi.

Room Tip: if possible have upper floors as mozzies hang around the plant life.as for rooms all are of the same...
8  Thank michael c
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I want to start by saying I was really worried about it being too hot, but there is a lovely breeze at all times and there is always shade nearby if needed. The hotel also has great air con so there really was no need to worry.

Arrival:

We arrived to the hotel approx. 11PM. We were greeted with a drink, they took our luggage whilst we checked in and then we were shown to a buggy which took us and our luggage to our room which was great.

We were given a very helpful pack which contained a map of the hotel, a table containing the daytime/evening activities, the times that restaurants are open for breakfast/lunch/dinner, as well as any other information you could need throughout your stay.

We were told where we could go for something to eat as we were peckish after a long flight, so we unpacked and went down for something to eat. We then had a wander around the hotel, however with it being late we decided to get some sleep ready for our first day as our Thomson meeting was first thing in the morning.

We ended up being an hour early to the meeting as your phone will only update by 1 hour, when in fact it is 2 hours time difference so be wary of this when setting alarms/planning your day.

Room:

The room we had was a double, but more like a family room as it had a double bed then shutters with another room that had two sofas. Very spacious, and we had our request of a pool view from the balcony which we were pleased about. Cleaners were fantastic and always left lovely towel art.

Excursions:

We did the VIP cruise which was amazing, it included 3 snorkelling stop offs and the fish were incredible. I did not feel very well that day and was sick, the staff on the boat had to clear up after me several times but were not cross. Very kind and caring.

We also did a night trip into Soho Square which was nice as you cannot be pestered there, the ice bar is a must do.

Food & Drink:

Food & Drink was your typical all inclusive stuff, unfortunately in Egypt we were warned about getting funny tummies and we did suffer with this.

Hotel Grounds:

Just amazing, there were always staff around gardening etc well looked after. 4 different pools, one with slides and a spa. Also a gym, tennis and football courts. A few different snack bars. So much to do including markets within the hotel to have a browse around.

Hotel Staff:

All staff were happy to help. Very chatty and up for a laugh. The animation team made our holiday, they were great. Especially Shawky and Ziko.

Beach:

The beach is good, it is very nice to walk up the jetty and see all the fish. Also camels and water sports there.

2  Thank Sammie-Rose H
Reviewed June 26, 2014

This was our first visit to the Jaz Mirabel Beach. Overall the holiday was very good. The food was good and plenty of choice. On one occasion our room cleaner only left 1 towel and no water. My only complaint would be that none of the soft drinks machines were working so all coke/fanta/sprite etc was out of bottles and some days would be warm and flat and if you asked for ice you were lucky to get about 3 chunks. Also Las Palmas bar - Ahmed who did pool service - if you didn't tip him he completely blanked you. I was on my own one day as my husband wasn't very well and even then Ahmed just walked past me. It would also be good to see the Jetty completed and opened.

Room Tip: We sent an e-mail asking for a room on the middle floor overlooking the pool and we got what we aske...
3  Thank Sonia S
Reviewed June 25, 2014

This was my 3rd visit and is still as good as ever. Went for 2 weeks in June and just returned this morning.
Flight out looked like a new Thomson plane I went for extra space seats and was well worth that little extra.
Arrived at hotel just before 11pm quick check in and welcome drink then collected luggage and was driven to room by buggy.
I had spoken with Sayed Khalili prior to visit and gave us room 2374 beach front with sea view lovely view to wake up to.
Was nice to see some of the staff still there that we meet 3 years ago on our last visit.
No problems getting a sun bed on the beach always plenty of beds even front row. The jetty is not finished this is not due to the hotel but due to the government not letting any new jetty's to be built, but you can still walk up the jetty or use next doors for approx £3
Islam who worked in the beach bar always made sure we had a drink, always smiling and happy to see everyone.
Animation team got me up to play bowls one morning on the beach, got to say i loved it, every morning 10.30am about 8 of us got up to play bowls daily and become good friends.
Much of the coral leading up to the end of the jetty has been destroyed which is a shame as there are not as much fish as there used to be due to people walking on the coral or breaking pieces of coral off. Also loads of people feeding fish bread, people want to attractant the fish but don't realise what harm it actually dose to the fish, as I saw a few dead puffer fish washed up on the beach.
Osama Mirabel and his team always kept Pool areas cleaned daily every morning and pools cleaned every evening. These guys work hard as in the sun all day.
Restaurants very clean and plenty of food and choice. There is a pasta station, meat station and one other in main restaurant. One restaurant is for family's and other for adults. Adult restaurant is a long trouser rule for men.
You get a free al a cart meal once a week, we did the oriental and the moonlight both excellent food and service was flawless. Omar in the Oriental was excellent sorry did not get his second name.
We drank in the Flare Bar every day, cool and quiet. The staff in here also excellent.
It was my second day at the Jaz and was trying to ring my friend in Sharm but my mobile would not connect. Mohamed Abeltif asked me for the number and used his own mobile to ring my friend then gave me his phone to use, and said any time I could use his phone to ring my friend, this was great customer service for me.
I got to know everyone in the bar really well and would like to name a few that made my experience special, Mokhtar Shwky, Mohamed Hassan, Adel Mohb and Shenouda George, these guys where amazing and always made my evening.
Lucy the guest relations was great always there talking to people she was so friendly even came on the beach to see how we where.

The only negative points are the wifi, which in this day and age you can get free wifi just about any where, so 150mb over a 2weeks stay is a bit poor. Also restaurant opening times on a evening I think 7.30pm is a bit late for family's with young children.

If you want sea sun and relaxation this is the place, and yes I would return for a 4th visit

Room Tip: sea view and high floor
3  Thank Clio74
Parrotel Beach Resort
Parrotel Beach Resort
#7 of 33 in Nabq Bay
Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh

Been to Jaz Mirabel Beach? Share your experiences!