“Lovel stay at The Mirabel Beach”
Review of Jaz Mirabel Beach

Jaz Mirabel Beach
Ranked #21 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We stayed here the last two weeks of May, 2013 and whilst we were slightly concerned with some of the reviews before we travelled we needn't have worried.
The hotel felt very luxurious upon our arrival and during our two week stay the public area's didn't disappoint - we were very comfortable during the evenings listening to music with a cocktail.
We didn't try any of the a-la-carte restaurants as the buffet was more than we needed each night, especially with the childrens corner which was great for our son. There was always a variety of foods to choose from and the cooking stations always had something tasty both for breakfast and dinner.
We had a family room with a (side) sea view which was large, perfectly clean and comfortable.
They guys at the pool and the beach were so friendly - always smiling and helping if and where they could and my son loved being able to pick out his ice cream with no hassle from anyone.
Spa's are not normally my thing but I had a couple of treatments and found it really relaxing and enjoyable. It seemed a very professionally run area to me.
We couldn't fauilt the place and would happily return for some rest and relaxation in the Egyptian sun.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Karen A
There are newer reviews for Jaz Mirabel Beach

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stayed for the first time at this hotel at the begining of March. The hotel in every way is fantastic, the gardens stunning. What really made it for us though were the staff. All were courteous, helpful with a terrific sense of humour.
While there we had torrential rain for one night and day. No drains or drainpipes the water had nowhere to go, with the result being floods. The staff worked so very hard in good humour trying to clear the water. The restaurant was flooded, so another was used, and the usual fantastic choice and variety of food still appeared as usual. Well done and thanks to the fabulous staff.Will definitely visit this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Joan B
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is my and my husbands 4th visit to Jaz Mirabel Beach hotel, this year we took friends with us and they were very impressed. As you can see from all my reviews my 3rd visit didn't go too well, but I thought I would give it another try. I am glad I did, this hotel has certainly got better, on arrival I found a letter in my room welcoming us back with complimentary fruit which I thought was a nice touch, the Pool bar man recognised me and welcomed me back. We had no complaints what's so ever, the rooms were spacious and spotless, the tea, coffee and toiletries were replenished daily. The restaurants had plenty to choose from and the service in the pool restaurants was very attentive. On our first morning I went to the towel shed for our pool towels and was greeted by a very friendly Tamer who followed me to our chosen sun beds with our towels and laid them out for us, the following morning I went to get out towels and noticed someone else had chosen our spot, so looking round for another spot to sit Tamer came up to me and guided me to the spot I previously sat with towels already laid out, telling me he had done this for our group as he noticed we like to sit there, which was a very nice touch, this happened all holiday. In the bar there was a very friendly bar man called Sherriff who also paid attention to our every need making our stay at the Jaz Mirabel Beach very pleasurable. Our friends were very impressed with the hotel and the service and have vowed to return next year with us. We are also planning to return in October. I defy anyone to find any complaints with this hotel and highly recommend it for your stay in Egypt. I also recommend a shop called "module one" just up the road from the hotel at La Strada shopping complex, he didnt try to rip us off and didnt hassle us to enter his shop, a lot of other shops should take a leaf out of his book, they would find more English people would shop their shops.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank blondiePoole
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We had a very brief stay at this hotel earlier on this year due to a very serious accident from which I am still recovering.

The room that we stayed in was very nice and comfortable. The swimming pools were great and even though the temperature was lovely (around 26 - 28 degrees) the heated swimming pool was a pleasure. The entertainment staff were great and got everyone involved in the activities around the pool and the daily aqua aerobics was fun! The food in the main adults only restaurant was lovely, but don't expect too much from the alcohol - they quality I was told was not very good at all. The staff are very helpful and after seeing that I had sustained an injury couldn't help me enough.

Be careful!
This is my warning to anyone wanted to go to this hotel regardless of how old you are. The floors around the hotel are marble or polished stone. There are no grips on the edges of the stairs or around the pools. I was not the only person whilst we were there to sustain an extremely bad injury. There was another lady who broke her arm and ended up having to have it pinned and plated as she had fallen due to the floors being slippery. A further lady had a smashed cheekbone after falling near one of the pools. I tore a ligament in my leg slipping on the stairs and ended up in hospital which then resulted in being flown home to the UK for further treatment. I am still not fully recovered. I was wearing sensible footware - new pair of trainers, not flip flops or bear feet.

If you are going to go to this hotel by all means go, but please just be careful and watch your step. I wouldn't want anyone else to experience what I did at one of the hospitals in the area and for their holiday to be cut short as ours had been.

Room Tip: Ground floor is best and ask for the quiet side of the hotel
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank gourmetglobetrotter
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Visited 13th Feb 2014 - 2 weeks
This hotel can be forgiven anything which is below par by the fantastic customer service.
Everyone from the toilet cleaners to Hisham Said the General Manager provide excellent service. The bar men, room attendants, receptionists, security, and even the entertainers (The Cuban Singers) were so attentive and considerate. Elshenawy, our waiter went above & beyond expectations by pushing my husband in his wheelchair up the steep, winding slope from the restaurant to the bar every evening after dinner, and ensuring our every need was looked after at meal times. Raggy, another manager also ensured we were well cared for.
The pool was heated to 31 degrees, so warm. The food was fine and the rooms adequate and very clean (lots of towel art) but out party of 4 agree it is the staff who make this hotel.

Michael, Sylvia, Lesley & Paul.

Room Tip: Request a ground floor room if less mobile as no lifts.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank PlymouthDevonLady
Reviewed March 20, 2014

First time stay in Egypt, booked this hotel because it was listed as a premier hotel and defiantly wasn't disappointed. When going on holiday I normally hate spending my 2 whole weeks sat in the hotel I like going out and exploring we're I'm staying but with this hotel I felt total relaxed and only left the hotel in the day to go on the quad trip and to go shopping. All the staff couldn't of been more helpful. The hotel grounds was clean and tidy. The rooms were cleaned every day with towel art on the bed. Would defiantly return and have already recommended to friends which booked and went in January after sayin they would never go back to Egypt but said after staying at this hotel they have changed there minds. Would also recommend going to the Hard Rock Cafe fab meals for fab prices. Defiantly will be returning in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Lovely holiday from the moment we arrived,check in was super fast and well organised. The rooms are spacious and clean and are typical decore for a thomson hotel,we have stayed at a few and the dark wood is used everywhere we have been and can look a bit tatty in places but the rooms are well cleaned. The shower is fantastic but unfortunately we had no hot water for 2days and after 2days reporting it they finally did fix it.
The hotel grounds are well kept and the pools lovely,we used the cold pool,once in it was fine. The food was always good,but nothing exceptional,and who has mash potatoes for breakfast?? The snack bars are handy but both have the same menu of pizza and burgers ,although very tasty a few different options would be nice.

Staff were really friendly and helpful,and always remembered what drinks you wanted,the pool bars kept running out of wine tho!!
The internet work in our room only for 2days only then we had to rely on going to reception to get online.
We were there for the thunder storm and think the staff did an excellent job at trying to get rid of the water and keep people safe,the floors became extremely slippy.

If you opt for late check out,take your key to reception at 12 noon else you get locked out!

All in all it was a great hotel with friendly staff,and a typical thomson "5star",should be 3 or 4

Anyone buying cigs or tobacco,buy sharm airport cheaper than local shops

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
#10 of 231 in Sharm El Sheikh
Steigenberger Alcazar
Steigenberger Alcazar
#1 of 33 in Nabq Bay

Been to Jaz Mirabel Beach? Share your experiences!