Travelled to the Jaz Mirabel Beach for the 1st 2wks in August as 2 adults and 2 children (13 & 8). The hotel is at the furthest Northerly end of Sharm el Sheikh away from the more built up area.
The hotel itself is amazing. Its a huge complex but its decor & upkeep is faultless. A plush reception area & spotlessly maintained pools & gardens. There are 3 main day bar areas to choose from with one right on the beach. The staff are very attentive adding to the value of your stay. There is an equally fantastic spa offering various treatments, steam rooms, jaquzzi, saunas etc. A full body Egyptian deep massage can be purchased / haggled down to an impressive £50 (great value for money).
There are several restaurants to choose from offering a wide selection of foods. After dinner the Oriental Flair Bar offers a more relaxed feel with very good live singers while the family bar offers a wider range of family entertainment.
Its quite hard to pick fault with this hotel but if I was too I'd say the family friendly restaurant was a bit disorganized leading to queues to get in (even though there were empty tables) & the food area could be better arranged to avoid un-necessary waiting. Also the beach isn't suitable for young kids as the water is very shallow & contains coral which is sharp.
1. Take a couple of bags of £1 coins to tip the bar staff / cleaners etc. Just £1 per day gets you enhanced service.
2. Take a hand gel to use all the time to avoid upset tummies.
3. Take "aqua shoes" so you can walk on the sharp coral.
4. Eat at the family restaurant early 630-7pm or after 830pm to avoid queues.
5. If you take a walk to the local shops you'll be approached by all the store keepers. At the end of the day they are just trying to make money in difficult times. Just politely say "no thankyou" if not interested & keep walking. There's no need to be rude to them. There are however many opportunities to haggle some real bargins.
The only other thing that slightly spoilt a great holiday was the last day. Our room aircon started leaking and an engineer failed to turn up. The water ran into the light switches so couldn't use them. I queried with the reception staff the need for them to waive the late checkout fee. The manager blammed us for having the aircon on & wasn't budging. The Thomson rep took this up with the management who immediately apologised and waived it. It was all a bit un-necessary.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Jaz Mirabel Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jaz Mirabel Beach Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Jaz Mirabel Beach Resort
- Jaz Mirabel Beach Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay
- Mirabel Beach Resort