“Excellent weeks break.”

Ranked #24 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Winsford, United Kingdom
“Excellent weeks break.”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

After a very bad start to 2012 my wife and I decided to go on a weeks break somewhere nice and warm.
When we approached the local travel agent she suggested Sharm el Sheikh and also advised us to stay at the Jaz Mirabel Beach Hotel.
We are in our 60's so wanted a quiet room, which we got.
I must say that we really enjoyed our stay and the food etc.was great, and plenty of it.
We enjoyed it so much that we would go back again.
We went in March and the weather was just right for us but sun worshipers my prefer later when it starts to get really hot.

Room Tip: If you require a quiet room try and ask for one away from the families with children.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ian P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,279)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

The only negative thing I have to say is that the quality of food had dropped slightly since our last visit a year ago with less vegetarian options for my daughter...however the rest of our stay was pretty much faultless with friendly and attentive staff, clean rooms and great excursions! The water slides which you can use in the hotel next door(jaz mirabel park) were great fun for me, my wife and kids! The pools were also great fun, as well as the snorkelling off the pier at the end of the beach. Overall yet another great experience for all the family, cannot wait to return! :D

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank tabernacle69
Aberdare, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 24, 2012

stayed at this hotel april12th-19th 2012. I have nothing but praise for this hotel and its staff.Our room was as requested ground floor near the main pool. The choice of food incredible plus three al la carte restraunts there was something for eveyone. I never heard of anyone complain about the quality of food or the unhepfullness of the staff, and i talked to lots of guests from different countries as we Welsh do.This hotel is on par with Sensitori and with 5* hotels i,ve stayed in out in the far east. IF YOUWANT BACON AND EGGS GO TO SPAIN. The pool service, drinks and towels, and the two snack bars outside the staff are remarkable nothing is too much trouble for them. The same goes for the the waiters in the restaraunts and bars.Would i go back ? I did i was here two years ago 2010, and i,ll be back again.

Room Tip: ground floor in block 2or 3 central for everything
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BALLBOY1104G
Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We visited the hotel middle of March, the first holiday in 20 years without the kids. With that in mind, we expected and hoped for a relaxing time in good surroundings.

And that's exactly what we got!

The hotel is great. The pools are great. The room was great. The food was great. The weather was great.

And the staff are awesome!!!!

I have to say that I have never been treated so well at any other hotel or establishment I have visited. And through my job I've stayed at more than a few that I wouldn't be able to afford otherwise.....none of them have staff like this place has.

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, we were absolutely looked after beyond all expectations. They couldn't do enough! And especially friendly. Get to know them, you won't regret it. They love a chat and a joke.....you get back what you put in, trust me....

I really have to mention some of these guys as a special thanks for the way they treated us:

The lads in the El Shurouk Bar - Abdel Moneim (boss man), Ahmed Selim, Mohammed Abdel Samei and of course the marvelous Salah! Thanks guys, you made this holiday for us! I really appreciated your sense of humour and for spending the time entertaining us in the evenings. Your cocktails are superb. You did us proud!

Around the pool, Memy, Ahmed, Hamed and the gang were stars! In the snack bar near the beach, Sultan was always looking after us. They were heroes.

If you need to know the football results, track the entertainment manager, Yasser, down. I swear he knows every football result from the last 20 years.....and he was good enough to ensure that the six nations championship was on the big screen. You are a star!

Thanks to Toti, who was always grafting around the pool in the day, and around the bars in the evenings....sorry I wasn't up to the Step sessions mate, but we will have that game of Aqua Tennis/Rugby/Belly dancing when we return:-). Loved the bingo though, especially as we won!

Restaraunts good, one for kids - one for no kids. Staff very quick to help and food good. Reading some of the other reviews with complaints about the menu - I don't get it. It's an all inclusive buffet....don't expect michelin standard food!!

Food in the day - burgers, pizzas and standard fayre at the outside bars. All good, i especially recommend the fish fingers - the batter is terrific! Alternatively just go back to the restaraunt for lunch....

If you travel with Thomsons, get Ahmed with the red cummerbund who works in the Thomsons lounge and around the lobby area at night to do his 'Micheal Jackson' - he is a scream!

Even Mohammed and Mohammed on nightshift security kept us entertained. In fact, even the cleaning crew who do a sterling job around the lobby and outside balconies at night were up for a laugh....thanks guys!

The Spa - now then, as we were on our first break alone for a such a long time we decided to spoil ourselves with the 'Cleopatra' experience. I will say that it was really good, but VERY VERY expensive. Too expensive with hindsight, but we were on holiday so.....

Also, met some lovely holidaymakers, and made some very good friends.

Cannot wait to return. Best holiday I have ever had. Yasser, I will build that swim up bar for you when I return ;-)

Thanks again,Richard and Susan.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Richard T
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Traveled in February 2011 with my boyfriend, was a lovely hotel and well worth the money. The only problem we had was when we arrived we were told to hand our bags over so they could be taken to our room, the man that carried them then waited around for a tip - we did not give, but the service was still good during our holiday, we had heard that if you tip them they do extra for you but it was not needed. It's not far from the airport which is a plus and the weather in feb was great, there was always plenty of sunbeds, but this might not be the case in the summer! We went on the snorkeling trip and it was well worth the money! The coral reefs are amazing and are worth looking at. The good was nice, range of food, and it was not the same everyday, i would advise going to the italian a la carte, but book early as it's always busy! Spirit measures in drinks are very generous. I would recomend this hotel

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JS_9393
Moscow
Reviewed April 21, 2012

It was first and the last vacations with this hotel. Hotel is pretty old and rooms look respectively. Old furniture, sagging mattresses, wretched plumbing. Air-conditioner is too loud.
The hotel is recommended for family vacations but there is no lifts or rampants in the buildings and we had to move baby carriage by hands up and down from the third floor everyday. There is the only restaurant availible for visitors with children. Personnel at this restaurant is rude and unfriendly. Waitors are slow and they don't try to provide you with proper service. Moreover, when once I asked to bring me a glass of water, I was told that I should pay first for the service!!! After that I prffered self-service and didn't leave any tips. At another day we were going to the table chosen and we were ran over by restaurant manager Amer who desired to offer this table to another company coming later. Of course, I insisted and got the table, but evening was spoiled.
To add positive to this review I'd like to mark good pools infrastructure, friendly pool and beach stuff and excellent sea view from room 2376. My parents had room 2370 just in two rooms away from ours and declared sea view magically transformed to "old excavator" view. To be honest it doesn't make sence to pay extra charge for sea view in this hotel. Such things like sun and air couldn't be spoiled by stuff so we got all this. It was our sixth visit to Sharm and we'd met much better service at other hotels before.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Market Rasen, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We stayed at this hotel last November and found the rooms to ok , the reception very nice , staff indifferent . Now for the really bad bit , food , absolutley terrible . Lots of it , just of the poorest quality . We will never stay at this hotel again !

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Rixos Seagate Sharm
Rixos Seagate Sharm
#1 of 32 in Nabq Bay
Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh

Been to Jaz Mirabel Beach? Share your experiences!