“One of the best holidays”

Charmillion Sea Life Resort
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stayed here as a couple in January 2013 and decided to write this review, although a little late because we were looking to go back. It was a great time of year to go as it was peaceful and not too busy and just what we needed as a pick-me-up from the winter blues. It does go dark early this time of year in Egypt but it is still warm enough to sunbathe. We highly recommend this resort, we are in our 40's-50's but found it was for all ages. The staff here are the best we have ever come across, they go out of their way for you especially Ahmed in the main buffet he made us feel like royalty, getting to know everything we liked. The food everywhere was fantastic you can never go hungry here and the 24hr bar does make a difference to your holiday just for early morning/late night coffees (honest!) We were amazed how big the resort was and you can use all of it. The rooms were big, modern and very clean, the bed was big and comfy. The gardens are beautifully kept. The beach was the highlight for us because the sea life was breathtaking and you don't have to go far out to see the coral and fish although there is a jetty if you want to. You do get approached for massages, excursions etc but a polite no does the trick. There is plenty of shops, bars, pools, places to eat and activities we didn't feel the need to go out. The only fault we can find, like other guests, is the rudeness of some nationalities but don't let this put you off. We did venture out to Naama Bay as this resort offers a free bus service but we couldn't wait to get back, the shop owners were too pushy and we felt threatened and we were insulted for not buying anything from them or entering their shops/cafes. We also went on the stargazing trip, it was great fun and something we will never forget, well worth the money to ride a camel in the desert, learn about the culture, eating and dancing around the campfire, seeing the sunset and looking at the stars close-up through powerful telescopes. Thanks to the evening entertainment at this resort we won a boat trip where we could go snorkeling, see a shipwreck and have lunch, wow... what an experience and to think we would never have done this if it wasn't for the generosity of the resort. We will definitely go back but next time take more change with us to tip as the staff really do deserve it. Great memories.

Room Tip: This is a big resort but rooms are not far away from beach, pool and bars because there is plenty.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Estelle M
5MouradIskander, General Manager at Charmillion Sea Life Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay with us at Sea Life Resort last year. I am sure you will notice many changes within the hotel when you return back.

It's a huge compliment to our hardworking team of staff to know that you consider them to be the best you have come across. We will ensure your comments regarding the fantastic food throughout the hotel are passed onto the Executive Chef who will be delighted.

We are very fortunate to have such a stunning coral reef on our doorstep and encourage all guests to enjoy this during the stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sea Group Resorts to make some more great memories.

Mourad Iskander

Write a ReviewReviews (1,306)

Reviewed July 31, 2014

When planning our first visit to Sharm El Sheikh it took me some time before I realised that The Sea Gardens, The Sea Life and The Sea Club were all part of the same complex and it was a delightful bonus to discover that once booked into one you could enjoy the huge resources of all three.

Sea Life is the one I chose and I believe to be the best of the three with Sea Club a close second and Sea Gardens trailing behind not least because it is the only one which is not beachfront.

We got an Easyjet flight and a 5 minute taxi trip from the airport and check in was fast a friendly including the delightful banding ceremony when you are tagged as all inclusive and basically on the pigs back from here on in ....bliss!!!!

As we were celebrating a special occasion we were thrilled to be given a really lovely room on the second floor half way between the beach and the dining room overlooking the pool with a great sea view and were spoiled by finding a super cake, bottle of prosecco and lovely welcome note in our room - we were in heaven! Many many thanks to the management for spoiling us and making our special celebration all the more lovely.

Our room was huge, with fridge tv, giant comfy bed, lovely bathroom with great shower and large balcony. AC was top notch.

I spent the evening wandering around the three interlinked properties and loved the way the Sea Life was a rose sandstone colour while the Sea Club was a creamy stone o you could tell when you left one and entered another. The Sea Gardens was across the road and slightly separated from the other two.

Our pool at the Sea Life was gorgeous as was the Sea Club and the beaches too were immaculate and well furnished with rush screening and comfy sunbeds.

Food was great, varied, healthy and delicious, service was super friendly and the wine was drinkable. The cocktails were, as with so many all inclusive hotels, a little watery and sweet so we stuck to beer, wine and the odd G&T.

We ate mainly at the Sea Life but often at the Sea Club as the breakfast had more on offer though the atmosphere and ambience was far nicer at the Sea Life. The snack food at the pool was also a nice options and you could never go hungry.

Evening entertainment was really great and I loved the traditional dancer with his huge twirling skirts and amazing athletic talents.

Day time activities were also good with aqua aerobics, salsa dancing etc and the animation team were charming and good fun to chat to.

All the staff of the hotel were at all times charming courteous and very helpful and hardworking and a pleasure to deal with.

All in all it was wonderful and if I could make one wish it would be to have free wi-fi especially in the rooms. I had problems with phone signal and had to skype home a lot due to obligations and the wi-fi was horribly expensive and in the lobby only which made it a real effort for me to keep in touch with home.

No idea why the wi-fi coverage was so limited or indeed so very pricey. It never fails to amaze me and it is just one of those inexplicable things that defies financial logic the law of diminishing funds ...the more you spend on a hotel and the higher the star rating the less likely you are to get free wifi. I will never understand how nice three star hotels feel free to endow their guests will lovely speedy FREE wifi while some four and most five star hotels choose to stick it to you big time with atrocities like 15 dollar an hour wifi charges as if they are not already charging enough for their rooms they cannot just toss you the same bone that their fewer starred brothers generously throw in without a second though.

However I imagine this is the same throughout Sharm El Sheikh so not a complaint as such about the Sea Life, more just a plea to break with the trend and think about extending coverage and making it a bit more affordable or indeed FREE which would have been a Godsend for those of us who are forced to get online.

The only other thing that was less than perfect was the fact that about 80% or more of the guests were rude, rowdy Russians. I am sure there are many lovely Russians and indeed Ukranians and indeed I have have the pleasure of meeting many myself but the Russians at the Sea Life did not represent their country well at all.

I asked why there were so many Russians here as many behaved as if it was there first holiday and seemed as if they might be on cheapie cut price holidays which might be their first ever experience in a hotel like this.

It was explained to me that Egypt had indeed done a low price deal with Russia which allowed Russians who would otherwise not be able to afford it to come an enjoy the facilities.

I do not know how the staff put up with their huge rudeness, pushiness and poor conduct.

Indeed I had a very upsetting incident myself which left me feeling really shaken as these people give the impression that they are very hard core and not to be crossed.

I used to get up as early as I could to enjoy the beach before the Russian families descended onto it and it became noisy and unwelcoming. I would lie on a sun bed listen to the waves breaking on the shore and enjoy the stillness and early morning sun as I read my book.

One morning I came down and there were quite a few young Russians obviously still drunk and partying from the night before and the only quiet spot was a section of 4 sunbeds and one had a towel casually dropped on it.

I settled onto the sunbed furthest away and began to read. Soon I heard angry Russian voices and a pair of yellow plastic sandals appeared dangerously close to my book while I lay on my tummy reading.

I was too afraid to even look up so I just kept reading by book on the sand lying face down on the sunbed. Next thing other feet joined the yellow sandals. I am guessing yellow sandals was the granny and the others the mum and dad and the children. Well they screamed and shouted at me, threw sand, water and an empty beaker at me ......... but being Irish I stood my ground and eventually they all went into to swim and I gratefully scarpered.

Not understanding much Russian I imagine they were unwilling to have me in the section of the beach they thought they had claimed with the single towel on the sunbed though as there was a lot of room and many sunbeds they could have used it is puzzling but it left me very wary of the Russian contingent.

It seemed as if most were single mothers with small toddlers who were immaculately well behaved and their mothers who were brought along to babysit he grandchildren while the mothers sought adult fun with the single men who lounged about the pool. These grandmothers who were frequently heavily dressed at the pool and sweating profusely were in the main incredibly grumpy and their daughters amazingly snooty.

This is not in anyway a complaint just to let you know it is a rather different scene than any resort I have been at before and the late night drunken squabbling and raucous laughter was often disturbing and watching the boorish behaviour, pushiness and greediness at mealtimes was unpleasant, while their appalling treatment of the lovely staff was unbearable at times.

While they did not ruin our enjoyment of this lovely resort there was a certain under current of tension and non Russians were very much in the minority but I do not think that would stop me from visiting again though if the percentage even dropped to 50% I would prefer it.

The only other thing I did not like was being hassled at the pool by the massage, beauty and excursion staff and it was annoying to have to stop sunbathing and have long conversations in order to get it understood in a polite way that you were not interested.

But all in all it was a lovely week and there were some very nice other guests there, the weather was sensational and it was a lovely break from the November chills and gloom at home. There were plenty of opportunities to go diving and the sea life was truly amazing. We got some nice t-shirts and souvenirs in the shops in the complex and the whole place was kept so well with plenty of staff always checking the grounds were in tip top condition.

With better behaved, mannered and natured guests, free wi-fi better mixed and stronger cocktails and less hassle by salesmen at the pool the Sea Complex would be simply heaven!

Thanks to all the super staff who made our stay so lovely and thanks for all your hard work and amazing service and tireless charm and courtesy.

Room Tip: Second floor and sea view half way between the beach and the reception was fabulous for us!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BonneVoyager

Firstly let me thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review following your recent stay with us at Sea Life Resort. It's great to know you made full use of the services and facilities available across the three hotels. It was our pleasure to do all that we could to make your special celebration more enjoyable.

It's particularly pleasing to know that you found the food to be great and enjoyed both the day/evening activities with the animation team. I am delighted to know that you found the staff to be courteous and charming throughout Sea Group.

We are constantly looking to improve and are grateful to receive all forms of feedback. the Wi-Fi is a problem throughout the area and we are working to improve that as soon as possible. The information that you received regarding cheaper rates for Russian tourists simply isn't true, we offer competitive rates to all tour operators, regardless of the country. We welcome guests from throughout the world to spend an enjoyable vacation with us.

It's with regret that such an incident occurred between yourself and other guests on the beach, we wish you had reported this to Reception, who would in turn handle the issue with the security team.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Sea Group Resorts again in the future.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

We just came back from a nice family holiday after we spend 2 weeks in Egypt. The hotel got mixed reviews and nice food and beverages which are lovely. The hotel was very clean and well presented, our rooms were well cleaned and the housekeepers presented some nice towel arrangements but to be honest there is nothing actually for the kids. We were informed by the receptionist that we could use the sea club because we heard there was a lot of fun activities for the kids off another British family. The entertainment girls for kids were excellent and very polite and they couldn't do enough for our 2 kids especially with the movies everyday for the kids. There is a lot of face painting for them during the day and I want to say a special thanks for the 2 girls for making my kids happy after wasting 4days at the sea life.
The pool guy was really friendly and couldn't do enough for us.
The food had a variety which everyone would enjoy. Everyday we saw someone we don't remember his name who was in charge of the food and beverages he made sure all the holiday guests were enjoying there time he was a very friendly guy always smiling
The reception people are always friendly and very helpful. Was no trouble for them to help us out with anything.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone but not a place for kids on a family holiday.
Sarah.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Tom B
5MouradIskander, General Manager at Charmillion Sea Life Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Thankyou for taking the time to write a review following your recent holiday at Sea Life Resort.

It's good to hear that all of the family enjoyed the food and beverages which were available in the hotel. Your kind comments regarding the hotel cleanliness and service are very much appreciated.

We are always grateful to receive feedback and suggestions from our valued guests. I'm pleased that you found the Kids entertainment enjoyable at the Sea Club Resort, we will however ensure the same standard of entertainment is provided in the Sea Life.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to Sea Group Resorts in the near future.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

This was our second trip to this hotel and we specifically went back for our honeymoon. The staff again made us very welcome possibly because we were English and it became apparent that the staff preferred the English to the rude Russians. The room was large and we had a pool view a short walk to the beach. The food was always of a high standard and there was plenty of it. The entertainment was operated by a mainly Russian team very well led by their Egyptian leader Ali. They were always very friendly towards and Ali especially funny. Julia, a German, was also very friendly. The pool was very clean and because we went specifically for a relaxing holiday we felt no need to leave the resort except for a glass bottomed boat trip. People did approach you around the pool but were never a nuisance to us. Special thanks to Zak a bar manager and Michael for keeping us supplied with drinks at the pool. There are some shops on site which gave good value for money and if you want jewellery see Samuel in the jewellers. Great value!. It was for us a fantastic holiday and we hope to return again. We made some good friends and cannot fault the service or standards of food. I recommend you try it!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Mike A
5MouradIskander, General Manager at Charmillion Sea Life Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Firstly let me thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us in Sea Life Resort, we were delighted to welcome both you and your wife back to the hotel for your honeymoon.

It's particularly pleasing to see that you always found the food to be of a very high standard. The animation team work hard during the day and night and it's good to hear that you very much enjoyed your time with them.

We very much hope to welcome you both back to Sea Group Resorts in the near future.

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a 10 night stay at sea life an can't really fault too much too be honest but a few little things could be improved! Hotel staff are faultless will do anything for you an always a smile on their faces! The hotel was full of rude, nasty, pushy Russians but this was through no fault of the hotel but be warned it is 80% Russian ! Food was always a good choice an would defo recommend the Japanese al le carte . We spent most our time at the sea club pool as the entertainment there was much better in sea life you had the freak animation team an they were horrendous didn't bother with you unless you were Russian! The spa men around the pool are a pain in the bum an can be very pushy! A little hint.... Tell them it's your last day!! The gardens in the hotel are always kept immaculate an the rooms are of a good size an the shower was a walk in which was fab! I would come back to this hotel again without a doubt! A good trip to do is the stargazing in the dessert! We had a fantastic time there!

Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Veronica921

Firstly let me thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us in Sea Life Resort.

It's great to know that you had an enjoyable stay and made good use of the three hotels available to you as part of our unique dine around concept, enjoying the animation activities available at Sea Club. It's pleasing to know that you found the hotel staff to be faultless and always had a good choice of food available.

Your kind comments regarding the immaculate gardens will be passed onto our hardworking agriculture team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sea Group Resorts in the near future.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Just returned from 2 weeks at the Sea Life Resort, what an amazing time we had. Started with a great welcome from the staff who managed to book us in a room near the beach as requested. Michael at the pool bar was great always a few words every day when passing and remembering our drinks when visiting the bar! Romany looked after us around the pool, making sure all was well, always tidying and cleaning, such a pleasure. All the staff at the fish restaurant, every lunch visit and a few evening visits were the best ever especially Christiano, Amagad ( the manager ) & Alla Abdula truly made every visit special! All the a la carte restaurants are a very high standard and definitely worth a visit, the main restaurants have a themed evenings so all tastes can be met with 3 to choose from.The accomodation was very adequate, huge rooms plenty of storage, safe, and great bathrooms, grounds are kept immaculate, flowers, trees etc, decore feels like you have stepped back in time, very relaxing. The Freak animation team lead by Julia & Alesandro never stopped, always helping guests to learn a new activity, not pushy, all fun things, the evening shows were always very clever! With so many nationalities to entertain it is difficult to please everyone but they certainly pleased us. A smile & a few hands gestures and people can communicate what ever language you speak, we spent time with some Russian guests who were all great, didn't speak English but we made ourselves understood and had a great time. Hoping to go back again in November to visit, we felt so at home everyone so friendly and polite, Thank You All!

Room Tip: All rooms are well posited, personal choice where you want to be near.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tracey j

It's great to know that you had an amazing time and enjoyed our set menu restaurants as well as finding the buffet met all of your tastes. It's pleasing to know that the animation team provided you with a lot of fun and kept you entertained throughout the stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sea Group Resorts in November.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Just returned from two weeks at Sea Life, lovely hotel, amazing gardens extremely well maintained, lovely room (725) with sea view close to beach, had to pay extra for upgrade but well worth it. Best of all were the staff, they were a delight, friendly, polite, efficient and because we were polite and friendly back, unlike other nationalities, they took extra care and welcomed us even more. Restaurant was excellent with a great variety of food all cooked well, waiters again superb. Only problem was in our booking details we were informed a dress code was operated in the evening and men were obliged to wear long trousers - rubbish! It seemed anything was acceptable which left us feeling a little vexed especially when one female russian guest wore a cap with a vile slogan in English emblazoned across the front. We went to the beach every day which gave us the opportunity to see all the amazing fish, signs were there advising guests not to feed the fish for obvious reasons and this notice was blatently ignored, again though staff here were exceptional, the second a sunbed was vacated they were cleaning up the area always with a friendly chat and a lovely smile. As other reviewers have stated we found the animation team rude once they realised we were not Russian but we were there to relax not play musical statues! Their music was often far too loud as well!! That said I would definately return and would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this hotel

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank 452Tracey61

Thankyou for writing a review following your recent stay with us at Sea Life Resort. It's very pleasing to know that you enjoyed our well manicured gardens and found the staff to be a delight.

Your kind comments regarding the excellent restaurant and great food variety are very much appreciated. We do not enforce a smart dress code however should you visit again an notice any offensive slogans or clothing please report this to the restaurant manager or reception.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sea Group Resorts in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Parrotel Beach Resort
Parrotel Beach Resort
#7 of 33 in Nabq Bay
Charmillion Club Aqua Park

Been to Charmillion Sea Life Resort? Share your experiences!