“Fabulous holiday”
Review of Sea Life Resort

Sea Life Resort
Ranked #5 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Just returned from two weeks at Sea Life, lovely hotel, amazing gardens extremely well maintained, lovely room (725) with sea view close to beach, had to pay extra for upgrade but well worth it. Best of all were the staff, they were a delight, friendly, polite, efficient and because we were polite and friendly back, unlike other nationalities, they took extra care and welcomed us even more. Restaurant was excellent with a great variety of food all cooked well, waiters again superb. Only problem was in our booking details we were informed a dress code was operated in the evening and men were obliged to wear long trousers - rubbish! It seemed anything was acceptable which left us feeling a little vexed especially when one female russian guest wore a cap with a vile slogan in English emblazoned across the front. We went to the beach every day which gave us the opportunity to see all the amazing fish, signs were there advising guests not to feed the fish for obvious reasons and this notice was blatently ignored, again though staff here were exceptional, the second a sunbed was vacated they were cleaning up the area always with a friendly chat and a lovely smile. As other reviewers have stated we found the animation team rude once they realised we were not Russian but we were there to relax not play musical statues! Their music was often far too loud as well!! That said I would definately return and would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this hotel

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank 452Tracey61
5MouradIskander, General Manager at Sea Life Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Thankyou for writing a review following your recent stay with us at Sea Life Resort. It's very pleasing to know that you enjoyed our well manicured gardens and found the staff to be a delight.

Your kind comments regarding the excellent restaurant and great food variety are very much appreciated. We do not enforce a smart dress code however should you visit again an notice any offensive slogans or clothing please report this to the restaurant manager or reception.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sea Group Resorts in the future.

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a fantastic week at sea life! Traveled as a couple, my 2nd time to sharm, my boyfriends first. Had no problems from the beginning, the rooms and spacious, comfy king sized bed, huge walk in shower! Pool fantastic and all the a la carte restaurants were so tasty- made the holiday for us! The beach and snorkelling INCREDIBLE! The staff make this hotel 5* especially Michael down at the pool bar, always smiling and chatting with us and making us lovely cocktails! So many staff were amazing it's hard to mention everyone! But thank you all to make our stay so special :) I have only given this a 4 purely because I feel there are more luxurious hotels out there and the hotel food in the main restaurant could be better but who goes to Egypt for the food? but for what you pay and what you get is incredible!
My only niggle- the animation team. They didn't even acknowledge us! They asked us one day if we wanted to do something in Russian and wen I said 'what?' One of the girls said 'ah English' and walked off. Luckily we were happy to be left alone but I feel for other English guests they should maybe try not to make it only about the Russians!!
The hotel is mainly Russian but again this can be in your favour as the staff are extra friendly to English!
I would very much recommend this hotel and do an excursion to snorkel and dive!! And have a massage-amazing way to start the holiday! :)

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fay L

Thank you for writing a review following your stay with us at Sea Life Resort. We are very pleased to know that in general you both had a fantastic week. It's particularly pleasing to see that you found the food to be very tasty in the Set menu restaurants, we have very recently increased the Buffet in the main restaurants and a greater variety of food is available.

We are always grateful for any feedback and suggestions that we receive, the animation team in Sea Life are multi lingual and can the team consists of people able to speak English, Russian, Italian, French, German and Egyptian, we hope this will ensure all guests feel involved in the activities from now on.

Your recommendation of Sea Life Resort is greatly appreciated. We hope to welcome you back for another memorable holiday in the future.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Just returned from a 9 night stay at this excellent hotel.... book now you will not be disappointed!!
I booked as a solo traveller having stayed in many hotels in Sharm before and was treated like a Queen. The staff were simply charming. I could not have felt more comfortable as a single person. All the staff were so friendly and efficient, attention to detail and service better than any other hotel I have stayed in.
The food was excellent in the main restaurant and I ate in the Lebanese, Tapenyaki and Fish restaurants which gave a pleasant variation during my stay. The facilities at this hotel are good just a few more chairs in the lobby area bar would be an improvement.
Special mentions to my friends Moustafa Mohammed, Achmed, Hamid and Mahmoud and of course the Chef Mohamed in the main restaurant Sea Life who cooked my delicious prawns. I had a special romantic dinner for one prepared for me and served for me with flowers decorating my table. Soooo sweet. Thank you Guys.
I will recommend this hotel to all my friends and hope to return .
P.S Dont worry about the 80% Russian occupancy...as a British guest
the staff will give you even more attention!!!

Room Tip: My block was 23 close to the pool and the beach area and very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank 538Mel

Firstly let me thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay with us at Sea Life Resort. I am delighted to know that you found all of the staff to be charming and made you feel very comfortable as a solo traveler.

It's a huge compliment to the team of hardworking staff to know that you consider the service at Sea Life to have been the best you have experienced at any other hotel previous.

It's very pleasing to see that you considered the food to be excellent in the main restaurant as well as enjoying our Set menu restaurants. Your kind comments regarding the staff will be passed onto those mentioned.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sea Group Resorts in the future.

Mourad iskander

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We have just returned from a fantastic 18 night holiday at the Sea Life Resort (27/4/14-15/5/14). Our room was near the beach 0926 and by the pool also, only a 2 minute walk to either, tho we spent the majority of the time on the beach as there was a nice breeze. The snorkelling off the pier was amazing. The majority of guest were Russian but they didn’t spoil our experience at this complex as we were able to use the facilities of the other two hotels and found that the English guests spent most of their time at the Sea Gardens so if we wanted English company we headed there. I would say that this is the quieter hotel of the three and in the evening there was always some form of low key entertainment in the terrace bar, i.e. singers, guitarists, belly dancers, spinners and we had some lovely evenings there. We also spent some evenings on the outside terrace at the Sea Club if we just wanted to chill and listen to music. There are 4 a la carte restaurants within the three hotels and you are allowed 3 visits but as we were there for 18 nights the front office manager, Shehata Abd El Gawad, made an exception and allowed us 6 visits to the speciality restaurants during our stay and we didn’t have any trouble booking into any of them. They were all excellent. The Japanese was a real show stopper and the French very romantic. The Fish Restaurant was on the beach and it was nice sitting out under the stars eating our meal. The Lebanese was also fantastic, bringing the grill direct to your table smoking hot. As already mentioned in other reviews the Hotel staff across the entire Sea Group were excellent but we would like to make a special mention for Reda (Sea Gardens - pool bar/terrace bar) and Reda (Sea Life - beach bar) who looked after us during our stay, and also the two leading chefs in the Sea Gardens who went out of their way to ensure everything was to our satisfaction. I would also like to mention Lavinia, one of the animation team, who went out of her way to speak to us every day and rallied round the English guests making them feel welcome and join in the activities. As we dined around and drank in different bars we cannot mention all the staff by name but would like to thank each and every one of them. If you have any problems during your stay there see Laura (guest relations) who will endeavour to sort out any issues. We will be returning again in October.

Room Tip: It all depends whether you want to be near the beach/pool or the restaurants as they are at opposite...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Wendy014

Firstly let me thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us in Sea Life Resort.

We are delighted to know that you had an enjoyable stay and made good use of the three hotels available to you as part of our unique dine around concept. I'm also pleased to see that you enjoyed all of the Set Menu Restaurants during the holiday.

Your kind comments regarding many of the staff mentioned will be passed onto their managers to ensure their efforts are recognized.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sea Group Resorts in October.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Ok I have recently returned from a two week stay at the sea life resort, I have to say I do not feel it warrants the many 5 star reviews.

Let me first comment on the staff, these wonderful people are definitely the jewel in the crown for the hotel. All are extremely hard working and always helpful and have a smile of their face. The work and hours that these people out in to make sure you have a nice holiday is incredible.
I am mainly talking about the cleaning, restaurant and bar staff etc when summarising. On the other hand, the people who come round and do nothing but hassle you all day at the pool and beach is incredibly annoying, the hotel really needs to try and limit the amount of times people come round and try to sell you things. Every day by the pool I was bothered and annoyed when trying to read or relax.

Next is the food, this is something I feel that needs to be improved a bit, very repetitive and uninspiring. I have been to many places and the choice of food was much more plentiful compared to the sea life resort. I must also say I find the lack of hygiene in the restaurant to be very concerning. The chefs do not wear rubber gloves when handling food and I question if they reheat stuff as some of the dishes and meats looked very questionable.
We booked info the Japanese restaurant which was lovely and they had another set of excellent staff working in there.

Unfortunately for me and a friend staying here we contracted a rather nasty stomach bug, was in bed for about 4 days solid without really eating and only drinking water. When we chatted with the restaurant manager I found his response god to our illness to be rather insulting, he said it was because we were having too much sun and too much alcohol. Terribly insulting when I detest the sun so prefer to sit in the shade and my alcohol intake was minimum. We eventually found out from the roe that slot of people in the hotel had been struck down with the same thing.

Next on to the hotel ground and the rooms, the hotel is beautifully kept by the gardeners and ground staff. They make the place look incredibly beautiful and they should be proud of the work they do. The hotel in general though needs a few things to be able to help disabled people, we had in our party a disabled lady that needed access to rooms and toilets etc if one of us were not around to help. Unfortunately for the hotel every single room in the complex requires stairs access to get into the bedrooms. Not good for people using a wheelchair or mobility scooter, and their only accessible toilet for disabled people is at the main reception. Please take note that you seriously need to improve for people with disabilities. The pool toilets for example require you to walk down around 15 stairs.

Air conditioning broke in my room 4 times, water pipes burst outside our room, there was about 6 power cuts and wifi was shockingly bad

Location for the hotel is great, only a stones throw away from diving places and the markets etc. managed to get a few dives in the local area and went quad biking in the dessert which was a wonderful experience.

Can't really say much more p, didn't enjoy my stay at all other than the fantastic staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank KrisY130

Firstly let me thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay with us at Sea Life Resort. Your comments regarding the wonderful, hardworking and helpful staff are very much appreciated.

I would like to address a few of the points which you have raised within the review. Firstly we have the 'Relax' area available at the beach where no sales staff are permitted to communicate with the guests, we also have the relaxed times between 13:00 and 15:00 at the swimming pools were sales staff are not allowed to sell / promote their services.

Secondly, I can assure you that all food is freshly prepared each day at the hotel, it is certainly not reheated and served to guests. I will request the head chef reminds all kitchen staff that they must be wearing gloves whilst preparing / serving food as they usually are.

I'm not sure who informed you that many guests were struck down with food related illness, this simply isn't true, we have never experienced an outbreak of illness at any of our hotels.

We have recently opened a new building which provides rooms for Disabled guests, including specialist bathrooms and wheelchair access etc.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Just returned from sea life after a fab week with my friend Jill.The hotel and grounds are so clean as is the other 2 hotels which you can use also this saves you getting bored with the same routine.The staff are lovely and good at their jobs but one in particular is Moustafa Mohammed he never stops smiling you are in trouble if you don,t smile back.We do agree with most people about the al a carte booking system you have got no chance of getting in when the other hotels are getting booked first we only wanted to go in the Japanese but only managed the one we wer,nt bothered about the fish resturaunt which later we found we wer,nt even booked in on the night we asked for so we missed it.Which brings me to guest relations they are the worst ones we have come across and we have been to Egypt 50 times.We only saw 2 but found they did,nt really want to talk to you in fact 1 was going to come back to us and we never saw her again.Would definately return to sea life had a fabulous holiday.

Room Tip: Anywhere is good
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Caz063-11

Firstly let me thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay with us in Sea Life Resort.

It's great to know that you had a relaxing holiday and made good use of the facilities and services across the three hotels. Your kind comments regarding Mostafa Mohammed will be passed onto his manager.

It's with regret that you service from the Guest Relations team didn't meet your standards, however we cannot take the reservations for the set menu restaurants at the same time in all 3 hotels. The guests are able to reserve in whichever hotel they wish, you are not restricted to waiting for the reservation to open in Sea Life during the afternoon.

I will however make it known to the guest relation team that you were not happy and ensure they follow up all guest requests in future, as they usually do.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sea Group Resorts in the near future.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

We have just got back from our first holiday to Sharm el Sheikh and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Sea Life. We had picked it based on the good reviews and weren't disappointed. We would be happy to go back to this hotel again!

On arrival reception are very welcoming and helpful. Our room was lovely- really big, spacious and clean. The bed was huge and so comfortable, we slept so well in it! We had a nice balcony with views to the pool and a side view to the sea. We were in building 7 which was a great location for the pool and beach thought about a 5 minute walk uphill to the restaurants and reception. It was cleaned everyday and on a couple of days we came back to our room to find some lovely towel arrangements which were a nice touch. The gardens were kept so beautifully- what hard work the staff must put in to keep them that way, we were very impressed.

There were ALOT of Russian guests so you can feel very out of place if you are English or another nationality. We were told there were more English guests in Sea Gardens and we spent a day by the pool there and felt more comfortable as there were more english people and it was a more relaxed vibe. With so many russian guests it did feel like the entertainment was primarily geared towards them and it would be nice to have some entertainment that isn't so focused on this.

It was a real treat to be able to use the facilities in all 3 hotels in the complex- it was a sure fire way to not be bored and this is probably the best feature of staying with the Sea Group! Everywhere you go the hotel staff are incredibly friendly, welcoming and happy to chat away to you. They really make you feel happy when you are there.

In the main buffet restaurant the breakfast and lunch are generally the same everyday. There is a variety of things to choose but it would be nice to see some rotation on this. The evening was always themed and you can pick to go to any of the buffet restaurants depending on what you fancied. As we were only here a week we didn't get bored of the food and ate well each day. We tried the Lebanese, Fish and Japanese restaurant. The Lebanese food was really really good but we found the service to be very slow and also sitting in the corner after dark was very dark and hard to see what we were eating. The fish restaurant has a lovely setting and the food was delicious though I didn't like the starter- I don't like smoked salmon and there wasn't any other choice to have anything else for starters. The Japanese restaurant was fun, Sala the chef was very funny! We enjoyed our meal here. It is a shame that you are not allowed to use all 4 a la carte resturants- we wanted to go to the French too but you can only pick 3 as part of the all inclusive deal. If we were there for 2 weeks being able to use all 4 would be much better!

The beach was quite nice- plenty of sun beds available though the beach bars are quite spaced out, I think it would be better to have an extra one along the beach! There was always a little wall down to the sea level and you swim over some coral. There are so many fish here- we had a lot of fun just snorkelling on the beach! It was nice that the hotel was on the beach as we noticed some other hotels are not directly by the beach and the reefs in Sharm are a big attraction. There was also a pier which extended out as far as the edge of the coral reef and this was a nice walk but very very windy.

The major negative of our stay was the constant hassle from the sales guys in the spa; diving centre and beauty salon. Everyday they would come round and try to sell something to you and didn't really listen if you said no and would just come back again tomorrow/later. They are quite persistent. When you go on holiday you want to be able to relax and not be interrupted by so many sales people! They don't seem to understand that if you are looking for a treatment or excursion you will come find them. We felt that the hotel should have more control over the sales tactics in the grounds because it becomes very annoying!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank KirstyMD

It's great to know that you had an enjoyable stay and made good use of the three hotels available to you as part of our unique dine around concept. Your kind comments about our Gardens are very much appreciated.

We are always looking for feedback and appreciate any suggestions to improve our services to ensure guests have the best possible stay. I would like to inform you that since your stay we have now increased the Buffet, providing more variety for all meal times. There is also now more than one starter available in the Pescatore Restaurant.

Our animation team in Sea Life Resort is made up of people from around the world, speaking English, Russian, German, French, Italian and Egyptian, we hope this ensures all guests are involved with the entertainment during their stay.

We also have the 'Relax' area at the beach where no salesman are permitted to enter, in addition there are no sales around the pool daily between 13:00 and 15:00.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sea Group Resorts in the near future.