This is the 2nd year we have stayed at the Royal Albertros moderna and really cant fault it again.
The weather in egypt was over 100F every day but because of the excellent location of this hotel right on the beach, there was a good breeze every day to cool people down.
The hotel itself has had some improvement from last year, a new italian restaurant with fresh pasta and pizza every night, a new front to the existing restaurant with new bar and snack area. Improvement to alacarte resturant as well, which how houses both thai and sushi specialities (additional cost but excellent!) Which only improve the hotel further.
The staff are so friendly, Sharky in the beach bar is the pick of them all, he is so good with children and really makes your stay special
After some arguement about our room we eventually got a pool facing room on the ground floor (recommend you get this because there is building work going on next to hotel)
Rooms are cleaned every day, and are spotless, safety deposit boxes are available at reception for every room.
The only downside to the hotel is the situation over the sun beds, with nearly everyone reserving sunbeds before 8am, and the management not doing enough to stop this. The pool guards are on the take as well and can be bought to reserve your beds every day for about 10 egyptian pounds!
Entertainment wasnt world class, but was enough as we found it nice to simply chill and have a few drinks and were in bed most nights by 12am! (the beach party on the tuesday was the exception and this was excellent with some top tunes pumping out!!)
I would not recommend the kids club and we wont say anymore about that the english girl who as there last year has gone and it didnt seem to be as organised as last year , although the mini disco was great for the kids and ours really enjoyed this
We booked a course of massage which was excellent, and well priced, and did a few excursions again through Sharm Excursions who were excellent. Cairo, scuba diving, quad bikes all were excellent!
All in all, i cannot fault this holiday again the location is excellent for those who want to relax and are happy to stay on the complex.
I would recommend it to all, and would not hesitate to go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2004, the 5* resort has a dream location on the golden sandy beach on the new hotel zone of Nabq Bay, facing coral reefs in the crystal clear waters of the Red Sea, and the shipwrecks of the nearby Straits of Tiran. The main building and the attached two-storey building are surrounded by resplendent gardens extending down to the beach. This elegant all inclusive resort is only 12 km from Sharm El Sheikh Airport, and 20 km from the famous Naama-Bay.Whether you're celebrating an anniversary or honeymoon, planning a family vacation in Sharm El Sheikh or just wanting to get away from it all, Royal Albatros Moderna is the perfect place for all ages and interests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Albatros Moderna Hotel Nabq Bay
- Calimera Royal Moderna
- Calimera Moderna Beach
- Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm El-Sheikh Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay