Spent 5 nights at the hotel. We had booked two rooms but when they saw we arrived with two young children they put us in a family suite - a really nice big modern room, with separate bedroom for us.
The food is perfectly fine - the salads were excellent - we particularly liked the freshly prepared pizzas and the freshly cooked food stations. Like all buffets we seemed to spend alot of the meal time collecting food and not enough time sitting and talking - but it was fine with kids. If you tip the waiters they are happy to bring drinks - but they really are busy - there are about 1,400 guests for each meal and not really that many staff (which is why the prices are so reasonable). The staff are very friendly though if you take the time to chat, maybe a bit fed up with the Russians and Germans (and rude Brits?) Dont bother with the seafood market - the seafood is really bad and not worth paying for (better fish in the restaurant). If you want a special meal you will have to go out of the hotel.
the drinks selection is very limited - no way to buy better drinks - the beer is good and easy to drink- wine is BAD - and the cocktails a good way to cover up the rough local spirits. NO TONIC WATER IN THE HOTEL!!! PLenty of uices.
The activity programme is really quite good - we thought the shows were fine - given they are free!!
Do go and check out the coral at the end of the (long) - you will need a mask and snorkel (you can buy them there) turn right at the end of the pier and a 400 yard swim brings you to a superb shipwreck - with excellent visibility - huge numbers of fish and we even had turtles swimming with us!
No really problme with the sunbeds - they are all reserved by about 10am but plenty around still at 9am - again with 1,400 guests hard to provide enough. The quiet pool always has plenty of space.
gym is free - spa is overpriced compared to the level of hotel. Very good haircut!!
As others have said - spotlessly clean, we felt no need to leave the hotel while we were there. They gave us a late checkout without any quibbles.
Overall we couldnt really figure how they can provide it all for the price you pay - yes its not "real" 5 star - but then I dont think with our kids we want that!!! No loutish behaviour - just too many guests being rude to the staff - generally a bit of tipping and polite behaviour got us a long way - we will go back again for a well priced relaxing holiday with everything provided.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2004, the 5* resort has a dream location on the golden sandy beach on the new hotel zone of Nabq Bay, facing coral reefs in the crystal clear waters of the Red Sea, and the shipwrecks of the nearby Straits of Tiran. The main building and the attached two-storey building are surrounded by resplendent gardens extending down to the beach. This elegant all inclusive resort is only 12 km from Sharm El Sheikh Airport, and 20 km from the famous Naama-Bay.Whether you're celebrating an anniversary or honeymoon, planning a family vacation in Sharm El Sheikh or just wanting to get away from it all, Royal Albatros Moderna is the perfect place for all ages and interests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Albatros Moderna Hotel Nabq Bay
- Calimera Royal Moderna
- Calimera Moderna Beach
- Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm El-Sheikh Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay