We stayed at royal albatros moderna 23rd May - 31st May. It was our First time in Egypt. We had a great holiday and can honestly say the staff defo make the hotel a good one. They work so hard and never seem to go home or sleep. They go out of their way to help you and make your stay a good one. Unfortunately I'm terrible with names, so this won't be much help to you all. But the staff that stood out the most to me was the young guy that currently does the omelettes in the morning I think it's muhammad mohamond, he makes great omelettes and is so happy and welcoming. The gentleman currently working on the relaxing pool serving drinks, he really works hard and deserves all the tips he can get. Again he always welcomed you with a smile and remembered your order whenever he see you. And finally the tall young man working in the coffee bar with wavy hair ( i really hope someone can tell me these guys names lol) as soon as he see myself and my partner he would give us a huge smile and say " hello my friends, take a seat". He always seemed to be working and I don't think he ever sleeps. All the stuff work so hard but these guys just shone for me.
On a negative note I feel the choice of food was a little poor as it was the same virtually every day. However the food that's cooked for you fresh is nice, but again it does get boring. Coffee is truely amazing. Entertainment again was poor and very dated and repeated weekly, but we did enjoy Africa Africa. But overall, for a hotel that has guest arriving every day and checking out, you have to take all this in consideration and you honestly can't fault what they do as it's hard to please everyone....... and im very fussy!!!!!! We had a refurbished room and even tho its still a little dated it was clean and spacious and I was happy with it. The rooms are cleaned daily and bottled water provided daily. Remarkable
Overall I think anyone considering booking this hotel should not be worried. As I say I'm extremely fussy and even tho I have some small negatives about the hotel , it certainly did not spoil my experience at all. You may be bored with the food but you won't starve, you may not get a modern room but it's not really dated either and it's clean.
I have read some of the negative reviews and I honestly don't get where some people are coming from. Like they say you can't please them All. But if all the restaurants, bars, pool's, beach, jetty, water park don't entice you then I'm not too sure what would.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2004, the 5* resort has a dream location on the golden sandy beach on the new hotel zone of Nabq Bay, facing coral reefs in the crystal clear waters of the Red Sea, and the shipwrecks of the nearby Straits of Tiran. The main building and the attached two-storey building are surrounded by resplendent gardens extending down to the beach. This elegant all inclusive resort is only 12 km from Sharm El Sheikh Airport, and 20 km from the famous Naama-Bay.Whether you're celebrating an anniversary or honeymoon, planning a family vacation in Sharm El Sheikh or just wanting to get away from it all, Royal Albatros Moderna is the perfect place for all ages and interests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Albatros Moderna Hotel Nabq Bay
- Calimera Royal Moderna
- Calimera Moderna Beach
- Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm El-Sheikh Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay