“Great hotel and fantastic staff”

Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
England
“Great hotel and fantastic staff”
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at royal albatros moderna 23rd May - 31st May. It was our First time in Egypt. We had a great holiday and can honestly say the staff defo make the hotel a good one. They work so hard and never seem to go home or sleep. They go out of their way to help you and make your stay a good one. Unfortunately I'm terrible with names, so this won't be much help to you all. But the staff that stood out the most to me was the young guy that currently does the omelettes in the morning I think it's muhammad mohamond, he makes great omelettes and is so happy and welcoming. The gentleman currently working on the relaxing pool serving drinks, he really works hard and deserves all the tips he can get. Again he always welcomed you with a smile and remembered your order whenever he see you. And finally the tall young man working in the coffee bar with wavy hair ( i really hope someone can tell me these guys names lol) as soon as he see myself and my partner he would give us a huge smile and say " hello my friends, take a seat". He always seemed to be working and I don't think he ever sleeps. All the stuff work so hard but these guys just shone for me.
On a negative note I feel the choice of food was a little poor as it was the same virtually every day. However the food that's cooked for you fresh is nice, but again it does get boring. Coffee is truely amazing. Entertainment again was poor and very dated and repeated weekly, but we did enjoy Africa Africa. But overall, for a hotel that has guest arriving every day and checking out, you have to take all this in consideration and you honestly can't fault what they do as it's hard to please everyone....... and im very fussy!!!!!! We had a refurbished room and even tho its still a little dated it was clean and spacious and I was happy with it. The rooms are cleaned daily and bottled water provided daily. Remarkable
Overall I think anyone considering booking this hotel should not be worried. As I say I'm extremely fussy and even tho I have some small negatives about the hotel , it certainly did not spoil my experience at all. You may be bored with the food but you won't starve, you may not get a modern room but it's not really dated either and it's clean.
I have read some of the negative reviews and I honestly don't get where some people are coming from. Like they say you can't please them All. But if all the restaurants, bars, pool's, beach, jetty, water park don't entice you then I'm not too sure what would.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Sunlover024
Mahmoud R, General Manager at Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

It’s lovely to hear form a “fussy” person and read that he had such a good time here at the RAM.

We have so many great waiters and barmen and housekeeping staff that it’s difficult to know which ones you were praising so it might be a good idea if you came back again for another holiday just to check out the names. I’m sure the staff would appreciate it.

Many thanks for the review and we look forward to your second Egyptian adventure.

gm@royalalbatros.com.eg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,569)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This was our first visit to Egypt as a family with young children aged 5 and 11years of age.
We found that the accommodation exceeded our expectations as regards cleanliness and internal fittings and security etc. The staff in general were more than accommodating and friendly, in particular once they established that you resided in England.
The whole family found the holiday to be relaxing with quality facilities for the children.
The only negative relates to the lack of choice of food owing to the closure of some of the restaurants due to the hotel being quiet.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lesley A
Dear Lesley,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your recent holiday. I’m delighted that your family had such a fab time.

When the hotel occupancy goes down a little we take the opportunity to deep clean some of the restaurants and kitchens so we do close one or two but the choice of food remains the same as we spread the dishes across the other restaurants. However, this never happens during the school holidays as our occupancy is usually too high to close any restaurants.

So I am pleased that you found the holiday relaxing and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

basingstoke
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This is our second visit to RAM and once again we weren't disappointed. this is a fabulous hotel - it has everything you could ask for. Great spacious rooms, excellent food, great drink and lots and lots to do.
Last time we came it was just my husband and I - this time we came with our 3 kids aged 14, 6 and 3. This age span can be a bit challenging, but my 14 year old took a kite surfing course and then spent his time either in the gym, relaxing by the pool or whizzing down the adult water slides. My 6 year old had a fab time on both sets of waterslides and my 3 year old was happy with the little slides aimed for her at the kids pool. Perfect!
Everyone enjoyed a wander down the pier and my 14 year old did some snorkelling. But from the pier alone we saw a puffer fish, angel fish, a lion fish as well as a moray eel - the little ones were so excited!!!
As people have mentioned the food is quite complicated as there are so many restaurants and over dinner I didn't see my husband much as we spent our time wandering about finding the right food. but everyone enjoyed it and there was always something that my 3 very fussy children could enjoy!
A fantastic stay - we will be going again in November and will certainly be returning with the kids next May -
Thank you so much! See you again soon!

Room Tip: If you have kids ask to be by the activity pool with the children's waterslides - otherwise it c...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank jennifer h
Dear Jennifer,

It’s great to hear that this was your second visit and you are already planning your third AND you fourth. Let us know if you have any special requirements and we’ll see what we can do.

Thank you for the detailed review about how the three children got on at the resort. I think this might be one of the main worries of parents with kids of different ages so hopefully they will find this review comforting. It’s clear that you all had a great time so we look forward to welcoming you back in November and then again in May.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I stayed here 23rd to 30th May 2014, I travelled alone and must say it was an amazing holiday. I was looking for a week away of laying in the sun and relaxing. This hotel was recommended to me by family members and as I was travelling alone I was pleased to book some where that I knew would be okay.
When I arrived at the hotel I was greeted by the reception staff who asked if I had any special requirements - I had previously asked for a room that wasn't on the ground floor and they had already made sure the requirements were met. I was shown to my room, which was clean, big and just what I needed. I was over looking the relaxation pool and I had a wonderful view.
I spent my days laying in the sun around the relaxation pool, which was very relaxing. You didn't get any reps or staff bothering you and it was nice a quiet. The bar staff by the pool were brilliant and often insisted in bringing your drinks to you, and came round regularly to get you any other drinks you wanted. You don't need to get up early to get your sun bed, there are plenty of them and always some available.
The food at the hotel was excellent, with a massive choice to pick from. There is no way you could get bored as there is always something different to try. From freshly made pizza and pasta dishes to burgers or salad. The waiting staff were very polite and friendly. In the evening there were freshly made breads and kebab style meats on the balcony - which you must try!!!
The food was tasty and always fresh- being replenished often.
The evening entertainment was very good, if you wanted a livelier evening then head to the beach bar where they have entertainment, or if you prefer a quieter evening then the lounge bar by the reception is wonderful. The staff at this bar really look after you and remember what drinks you have.
The cleaners and ground staff are friendly and always say hello, the room cleaner was lovely and I often came back to a towel animal in my room, which always made me smile.
There is a small shop at the hotel and you can buy small gifts etc in here.
As I was going on my own I didn't want to leave the hotel but you really didn't need too, everything you want is there. I felt completely safe and looked after. I didn't want to leave and already thinking of going back soon.
The only downside and this is nothing to do with the hotel but there are lots of Russians there. Who are rude, obnoxious and greedy.
I would like to thank all the staff for making my stay a wonderful one. I will certainly be returning - I have started saving!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Chick83
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the “brilliant” review and for entrusting us with your holiday. I am delighted (but not surprised) that our staff looked after you all the time and that you always felt safe and secure within the hotel.

Please do not hesitate to send us an email in advance of your next visit with your requirements and we will do our best to make it happen. We look forward to providing you with another brilliant holiday.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2014

From the minute we arrived to the minute we left we had the best experience at the Royal Albatros Moderna. As two young girls travelling together, we were initially quite worried about safety etc, however we had nothing at all to worry about! The staff here are very friendly in particular the animation team who made our holiday 100 times better than we could have imagined. Fantastic bunch of people who were always happy to help and they looked after us a lot! Special mention to Billy from the animation team who well and truely made our holiday more special, ensuring we were safe during trips to Nabq centre and always had a smile on his face and was one of the most kindest friendliest people I have ever met! very genuine man!
The day time activites was not annoying and did not last all day so you could chill out and enjoy watching them if you did not wish to participate, the activites which they do cater for all ages! we especially enjoyed doing the daytime quiz!
"shaky shaky sharm el sheikhyyy" "Hey now, Hey now, Heyyyy" if you have been to RAM recently or are going you will laugh everytime you here these words haha.
The food at the hotel is not amazing, but its not england, so dont expect english food, you will always find something to eat (we used to go to a few different restaurants every night)
I recommend the spa, one of the best massages i have ever had and very cheap!
The hotel is in a great location for everything you need and caters for all the family. We felt very welcomed by both staff and guests at this hotel and met lots of new friends!
I hope to return back to this hotel before the year is up!

Room Tip: We had a room by the relaxation pool but never spent the day around there, so i would recomend a roo...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Emily B
Dear Emily,

Thank you for the lovely review. We’ll pass your kind words on to the team and look forward to seeing you again soon for another round of "Hey now, hey now, heyyyy”.

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed here in November 2013, with my children who were 5 and 3.
The only niggle I have about this hotel is, we booked a two bedded room and when we were shown to the first room, we were overlooking a wall and were high up and miles away from the pool or anything. We asked for a different room and were shown to a room that had an amazing outlook out to the sea/beach and very close the the children's pool, however this room was not two bedrooms in the sense that they were completely separate with doors etc, but two rooms which had a partition wall. Our room had a massive comfy bed and the kids had two single beds. We had a massive walk in wardrobe, and a huge bathroom. Overall the room was okay but after we had a great two bedded room at the sultan gardens the year previously, this was a bit of a disappointment.
However, the hotel made up for this issue.
The kids pool is great, our 5 year old loved it and was confident to play with her friends, there was many different slides and play items in the pool, and I'm pretty certain it's one of the best children's pool in Sharm. It is close to the pool bar too.
There is a big pool at the side of the hotel near the beach and the kids pool, plus another pool in the quiet area and then a smaller pool in a little courtyard which was lovely too.
Restaurants have a weird set up, there are 5 different restaurants and we found we spent a lot of time going from one to another finding what we wanted. But the food is good, and lots of choice. Most nights there is a chicken rotisserie outside near the Italian and Moroccan restaurant. Every morning you can get freshly cooked croissants here.
Each night there is a crepe cooking area, fresh icecream, fresh fruit etc.
There is so much choice no one will be disappointed but it takes a few days to work out where everything is.
Beach bar has great lunch food, very simple - burgers, hot dogs, chips, salad, pasta, fish, sometimes chicken. On an evening this is where the mini disco is held and the entertainment. Our kids enjoyed this and we did too. The entertainment is similar to most of what is on offer in Egypt but it's always good fun. I do think the animation team in particular were very good and also spoke to the kids during the day.
The aqua park is good fun for older kids and adults, and they have great double sun beds with massive padded mattresses.
The beach is lovely and the snorkelling is amazing off the jetty.
Overall is hotel has pretty much everything you would need.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank minilouise75
Dear Louise,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review and for choosing the RAM for your holiday. We do have several different types of rooms - it’s just a question of checking with your travel agent which one suits you best and it sounds like you weren’t offered the most appropriate one. Next time you come, send us an email with your travel details and we’ll do our best to sort you out with the room best suited to you and your family.

I’m so pleased you all had such a great time and hopefully you’ll be booking to come back again soon.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Had another excellent stay here at this hotel. Has everything you could want for a relaxing holiday in fantastic weather. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. We loved the towel art left in our room especially the elephant. The food was great, the new beach bar and restaurant were a great improvement as were the beach toilets. had a great time snorkelling off the pier. The flat breads and croissants at breakfast are the best I have ever tasted. New outside entertainment area is also a big improvement. Enjoyed our night at the white elephant meeting other repeat guests. We requested ground floor rooms around the relaxation area and this is exactly what we got thank you .Afternoon teas and chocolate brownies at evening meal are a must they were delicious. Looking forward to returning in November.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank julie m
Dear Julie,

Holidays are for relaxing aren’t they, and I’m delighted that you managed to sit back and take it easy while we pampered you. The White Elephant is the Number 1 Thai restaurant in Sharm El Sheikh and as a repeat guest you are invited there and I’m glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks for the lovely review and we look forward to welcoming you back for yet “another relaxing holiday”.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
Sultan Gardens Resort
#20 of 234 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,091 reviews
Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh? Share your experiences!