“Fantastic family holiday”

Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh
Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Just returned from a two week stay at the Royal Albatros Moderna. What a fantastic hotel with great facilities. Just like previous guests have already stated the staff are superb, nothing is too much trouble for them. There are (I think) five or six restaurants serving a variety of foods which will satisfy even the fussiest of eaters, a special mention must go to Anna (serving pasta dishes in the Italian restaurant). She works so hard and always with a smile on her face. Can't praise the hotel or staff enough, I'm sure it won't be our last visit.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with two or more children it may be worth paying the little bit extra to have...
1  Thank harrier26
Mahmoud R, General Manager at Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear Guest,

We’ll pass your kind words on to Anna and I’m sure she’ll be delighted to receive the recognition of a job well done. Of course she is supported by a great team who work tirelessly in the background to ensure you get the best service in Sharm.

Thank you for the “fantastic’ review and we look forward to hearing from you again.

gm@royalalbatros.com.eg

Write a ReviewReviews (6,786)

Reviewed May 2, 2014

We are back 1 month ago from a fantastic holiday in Egypt, we stayed in RAM which is a great AI 5 star resort. The hotel has lots of activities within its territory so you don't have to go out - SPA, Diving Centre, Parasailing, Aqua Park, Shisha place etc. We only went out for a boat trip, dolphin show and Hard Rock Cafe which is at 10min walking distance. The animation team does really take care of you and your kids whole day long from 10AM till late evening
Special thanks to Ahmed, from Jazz coffee bar, who was very welcome to us and made great coffee
We are looking forward to go there again next year

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kenes N

Dear Kenes,

Thank you for the great review and the mentions for the various staff who helped to make your holiday such a success. I’m delighted that you and all the family had a wonderful holiday – good enough to book for next year.

We are looking forward to it.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Spent 11 nights at this hotel, was excellent, had no problems at all, very clean hotel and brilliant staff, especially the reps who did the water pole (which we dominated at). Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Ben,

Thanks for the short-but-sweet recommendation. I’m sure you meant water-polo but that’s auto-correct for you.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

great service since last time I visited in march..reception great as always ,room booked when was in janury at hotel no problems at all..and great job from all the and management.that. was my 11th time and 17 of us came out all from meeting at this hotel the last few years ..and thanks to the pool bar staff..and too karleaf in irish bar..does a great job..food great..drinks are getting better,,lovely jetty and cant wait for my 3 weeks in November 7 of us coming out again..so already booked...just love this hotel for a break..thanks to all and all my regards,for very special breaks here..all the best slim

Room Tip: a tip goes a long way..and been polite ..just need English money ..but have a cash machine in hotel...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Glen,

Thank you so much for the great review. It’s amazing to think that you were a group of 17 who had met at the RAM over the years and you keep coming back to renew your friendships. That’s a great story and we look forward to seeing you again in November.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

I had spent hours writing a massive review and as I typed on I thought to myself. Don’t bother Marc… The people who work at this hotel just don’t care and I was making myself angry reliving some of the frustrations I had in the 10 days over Easter me and 14 of my family members were there.

The problems we had with our Junior Suite (saw 3 rooms until somewhat satisfied), the rudeness of bar staff literally ignoring you or refusing to make a cocktail. The pool boys getting tipped by regulars so you had to fight for a sunbed even if you awake at 7am (Then the worry of that seat you are in already been chosen by said regular and taken when you go for a meal/swim), The repetitive entertainment and not to forget the plain rudeness of the staff (The guys in the bar upstairs were HORRIBLE and told me he didn’t want my tips he makes enough as it is).

Good point: It was hot and the pool was cold. The grounds were lovely and massive. I did find a Spaghetti vegatable Bolognaise by a lovely man who does it fresh in front of you. There is a waiter who works by the bar where the doughnuts are. He was good and remember all drinks and helped with tables when needing more than 10.

Maybe one of my family members will bother with a proper review. I waited since September for this trip. My advice is to go to any other hotel except this one until they fix their staff rudeness (Maybe when they realise without us holiday makers there won’t be any more jobs).

If I had paid a quarter of what we did. If they focused on 1st time guests as much as returning guests. If they STOP those SPA people trying to sell you treatments EVERY 5 minutes and if they all work on their customer service along with being truthful about what the rooms actually look like. It may get an ok review.

Ask me any questions and I can answer in depth.

Room Tip: Pay as least as possible it doesnt seem to matter. The promo rooms overlooking the relaxation pool w...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Mahmoud R, General Manager at Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear Marc,

I am genuinely surprised and very concerned that you should have such a poor opinion of my staff. You will note that on this site they get excellent reviews almost without exception.

It would be impossible to go into each and every one of your complaints as I have no evidence either way, but I can say that it is completely out of character for any of my staff to behave in the way you describe. I do not recollect hearing about any problems relating to a group of ten so I have to say that if you did not bring these complaints to the Front Office, Guest Relations or me in person we would not have been able to resolve any of the issues which affected your holiday in such an adverse way.

Allow me to address your final paragraph. We offer the best 5* holiday at this price in Sharm. If you paid a quarter of what you did you would not get out of your town.

We focus very much on first time guests. How else would we get repeat guests if the first time guests were not happy?

You can stop the Spa people selling their treatments by saying, “No, thank you”.

Our customer service record is extremely good as anyone can see on this forum.

We don’t lie about what our rooms look like. What would be the point?

Thank you for choosing the RAM.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

We have just returned from a two week stay at this hotel and had a lovely time. Our tenth time to Sharm but first time to this hotel and was impressed with it. We found all the staff friendly and couldn't do enough to please you, especially GEORGE and MAGGIE at the beach bar and also Abas the Thomas Cook rep. The hotel had great facilities and really good food choice. It was clean and tidy and even though the hotel was full on our first week we never had to queue for meals or bar service. Coffee shop is excellent and pool areas are clean and well supervised. There is an excellent splash area for younger kids as well as a water park for older ones. ( although not enough sun beds when hotel is full). Reception will provide you with a red flag to put on your sun shade to stop spa staff ect approaching you at the pool and beach and they do take notice of them. Our room was clean and practical although in need of a little updating. Complex is large and we requested a room move from the heated pool at the far end of the complex to one closer to the beach and was given two different rooms to look at and pick from with no hesitation. Gardens and grounds are maintained to a high standard. The hotel next door is work in progress and although we had minimal disruption from this, their section of beach is a little messy and in need of tidying but if you stick to the right hand side of the beach you don't have to look at this. Camel rides available on the beach but the younger lad out of the two is very rude and I witnessed him giving his camel a kick. This was reported to the hotel and there was a significant change in his attitude after they spoke to him and his behaviour is now being monitored and I was reassured he would be removed from the beach if they had any further complaints. The beach has a very long jetty to snorkel off the end of. Two shops on the complex but the pharmacy is expensive and there is another much cheaper one within a five minute walk of the hotel along with other shops. Within a 15 minute walk or £3 pond taxi ride you have a Hard Rock Café, Mcdonalds, Burger King, TGI Fridays and plenty of shops. We loved this hotel, fantastic holiday and will definitely be returning.

1  Thank DEBBIE L

Dear Debbie,

What a great review and thank you so much for choosing the RAM for your holiday this year.

You have a lot of lovely things to say about the hotel although I should point out that we have approximately 2,250 sunbeds in the resort even though they may not necessarily be in the place you want them. Just ask one of the pool-boys and he’ll sort it out for you.

We are monitoring the welfare of the camels and I am happy to say that, following your report to us and our subsequent “chat” with the boy, he is taking more care of his camel and showing it considerably more respect. I hope this goes to show that we do listen to our guests and if we are informed of an issue then we do react to it.

Thank you once again for the great review and I am sure that the staff and the camel will join me in looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Family Easter break at The Royal Albratros and what a great time we have had. From the moment we arrived until the moment we sadly left, the staff couldnt do enough for you to make you feel at home and special.
The Hotel is a large complex which was spotlessly clean. The rooms are of a good size and standard which are cleaned each day. You recieve free beach towels which save you luggage space!
there are a variety of pools which include kids, relax and active, always plenty of comfy sunbeds on offer. The breach has its own jetty which was great and always manned by a life guard.
If you like food and drink this Hotel is the place! Bars, there are always bars open around the complex, the pool bar was out favourite, Aymed and Mahammed knew what we liked and created some great cocktails Thanks Guys!

The restaurants are also great, plenty of choice from Indian to Italian, something different everyday, if being picky, there was far too much choice!

Its worth a visit to teh HOtels spa too, Mahammed arranged us several treatments at resonable prices, the massages are excellent

For the kids, ice cream, milk shakes and cocktails on tap, plus the water slides! kids heaven!

I could write a novel on how great the hotel is and all the staff, well worth the money and yes we will be back.

Thank you to all staff for making this a great holiday

1  Thank mark w
Mahmoud R, General Manager at Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear Mark,

What a wonderful review and yes please, we would like you to write a novel about how great the hotel is!

It’s great to read that you had such a good time and have so many positive comments about your holiday, the hotel and the facilities and we are very grateful to you for taking the time to share your experience on this forum.

I will pass your thanks on to the staff here and I join them in wishing you and your family well until we see your again – hopefully soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nabq Bay
#1 of 33 in Nabq Bay
Rixos Sharm El Sheikh
Rixos Sharm El Sheikh
#3 of 33 in Nabq Bay

Been to Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh? Share your experiences!