This was our first visit (myself and partner, my mom and dad) this hotel after hearing fab reviews and obviously a few negative on here...where you get the negativity from I do not know! It's an absolutey beautiful hotel and from the minute you arrive you are taken in and feel like your in heaven really!!!
The staff were very pleasant, very attentive and couldn't do enough for you. Some of the other people; well put it this way leave a lot . to be desired with the whole "rude, it's all about me holiday" and was hard to watch some treat the staff like something on their shoe! Special thanks to sayeed and the gang in the lounge bar... had some special nights in there and lovely staff. Couldn't do enough for you. Will miss them all.
The entertainment I found very entertaining. Staff fantastic. Each morning at the active pool something for everyone and also staff got everyone involved In all games etc. The water aerobics looked fab and fun. Again something for everyone from kids to adults. Singers in the hotel near the terrace bar, down at the beach bar very good with something different every night and especially the local song! Hey now hey now, my partner enjoyed a few shisha down there. He even bought a mini one to take home with all flavored tobacco!...very addictive and my favourite of all, and also then the irish bar. Where people get the smell of vomit from I do not know. Very clean and friendly staff. Good that it opened till 2am as we thought our room bill would be very high but no.. very good in price etc. Very well done on keeping everything going and making our stay extremely lovely.
Food was out of this world. Never been anywhere where the food was to that standard. It was lovely, again always something for everyone! The soup was especially amazing! Had it every day! The doughnuts were beautiful at 4pm too.
Rooms were nice. Ours was 308 and was lovely..All cleaned to a very high standard and very nice cleaner. He worked his self out!! Beach towels are provided. We found that if we tipped earlier on in the holiday it was better. You have got to remember that the people don't live like we do here so yeah can feel you are being bombarded at times in shops but they are just trying to earn a living. A simple no thanks will do the trick. I did enjoy bartering though!
We also went to the three crowns on a couple of occasions and met some lovely people there. Very good atmosphere and the national day was brilliant! Horses outside even!! Drinks very reasonable and good Stella and Heineken drinks. Thanks to Andy and the gang who we met.
Lastly the drinks, I found some of the cocktails very strong and couldn't handle them! Especially the blue lagoons! They were lethal. Temper time! The local beer wasn't strong but to be honest like my partner said the staff don't want a cart load of drunk people in the hotel. It was a nice drink though. I preferred it in the day though. I eventually found peach schnapps near the end of the holiday..my partner favourite drink was a beer followed by a chaser of a cocktail called the kamikasi. All in all a good tipple!
A big thanks to the pharmacist at the hotel who helped with the poorly tummies. My partner and my mom was but a couple of tablets called diax and a few others to stop the cramps well let's just say brilliant! We also got things to settle stomach and bite cream. Very good andinformative!
We stayed at the royal albatross moderna from 27th Mar-6th April n can honestly say we can't wait to go back. The holiday was absolutely fantastic. We met some lovely people and to be honest it could be our second home. Thank u to all staff. Can't remember many names. But you were all fantastic. Even reception staff! It's a beautiful hotel and everyone works so hard even those behind the scenes. Thank you once again for everything.. We will be back towards the end of the year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2004, the 5* resort has a dream location on the golden sandy beach on the new hotel zone of Nabq Bay, facing coral reefs in the crystal clear waters of the Red Sea, and the shipwrecks of the nearby Straits of Tiran. The main building and the attached two-storey building are surrounded by resplendent gardens extending down to the beach. This elegant all inclusive resort is only 12 km from Sharm El Sheikh Airport, and 20 km from the famous Naama-Bay.Whether you're celebrating an anniversary or honeymoon, planning a family vacation in Sharm El Sheikh or just wanting to get away from it all, Royal Albatros Moderna is the perfect place for all ages and interests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Albatros Moderna Hotel Nabq Bay
- Calimera Royal Moderna
- Calimera Moderna Beach
- Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm El-Sheikh Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay