We visited the Royal Albatross at the start of April 2013, the hotel layout is great and caters for most of your needs, i would definitely return to the hotel and go back next year.
The food was loverly with a wide range of different options and some chef specials every night on offer in each cuisine restaurant. the only thing with so much to offer, is it became a bit repetitive with where i preferred to eat from. And the deserts were not very nice, however doughnut and pancake time made up for that between 4-6 every night.
The rooms were loverly and were just what we wanted, we were located right next to the main pool, the best bar/restaurant was the beach bar, and if you take your thermals then the coolest bar on site was the irish bar.
Overall a great holiday had by all.
The only negatives i have are be aware you get harassed daily inside or external to the complex to spend spend spend, in he complex however you can ask for a red Flag for your sun bed which is a hassle free flag.
The on site entertainment wasn't very good tbh however got better as the holiday went on.
And finally, expect very loud conversations to take place in places where alcohol is located as the amount of russian tourists is vast, loud and somewhat quite rude to the staff at times.
Finally the beach and sea was not to good however i'm a pool person and the water slides are rapid.
The staff however are fantastic and couldn't do more to make you have a great holiday, they go out of their way at any cost to make you feel welcome and are fantastic with service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2004, the 5* resort has a dream location on the golden sandy beach on the new hotel zone of Nabq Bay, facing coral reefs in the crystal clear waters of the Red Sea, and the shipwrecks of the nearby Straits of Tiran. The main building and the attached two-storey building are surrounded by resplendent gardens extending down to the beach. This elegant all inclusive resort is only 12 km from Sharm El Sheikh Airport, and 20 km from the famous Naama-Bay.Whether you're celebrating an anniversary or honeymoon, planning a family vacation in Sharm El Sheikh or just wanting to get away from it all, Royal Albatros Moderna is the perfect place for all ages and interests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Albatros Moderna Hotel Nabq Bay
- Calimera Royal Moderna
- Calimera Moderna Beach
- Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm El-Sheikh Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay