I took my kids for our second trip to this hotel. Last year we stayed for a week in May and this October we went for two weeks. I was very surprised with how much the hotel had changed and what additional extra's were now there.
There is a movie screen which showed films each night for children at 7.30. The new coffee and Ice Cream bars both outside and inside. There was also a new restaurant being opened.
Once again the staff were out of this world and made me and kids feel at home. Going on holiday on my own with three children can be quite hard but not here. I felt welcomed back and looked after all the time. The kids are mad a fuss of and nothing seems to faze the staff.
I have a thing about cleanliness and this hotel makes me very comfortable. The pools are cleaned and treated throughout the day. All outside areas are cleaned everymorning around 6.30 and there are staff tidying up throughout the day.
You have the choice of entertainment in the evening at either the Beachbar or around the Terrace bar.
I think breakfast in the Italian Restaurant can not be beaten and you are spoilt for choice. The remaining restaurants offer a great range of food and I have one very fussy son that was always satisfied.
My only downside once again would be my room location. With three kids I really think more effort could have gone into where I was allocated. Once again I was at the far side of the relaxation pool. Although I couldn't fault my room I do think I should have been put closer to the kids pool.
Although I dont work now, I used to work for an investment bank and have travelled the world and stayed in some truly wonderful hotels. There are a few things that may let this hotel down however for a family holiday I dont think it can be beaten.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2004, the 5* resort has a dream location on the golden sandy beach on the new hotel zone of Nabq Bay, facing coral reefs in the crystal clear waters of the Red Sea, and the shipwrecks of the nearby Straits of Tiran. The main building and the attached two-storey building are surrounded by resplendent gardens extending down to the beach. This elegant all inclusive resort is only 12 km from Sharm El Sheikh Airport, and 20 km from the famous Naama-Bay.Whether you're celebrating an anniversary or honeymoon, planning a family vacation in Sharm El Sheikh or just wanting to get away from it all, Royal Albatros Moderna is the perfect place for all ages and interests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Albatros Moderna Hotel Nabq Bay
- Calimera Royal Moderna
- Calimera Moderna Beach
- Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm El-Sheikh Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay