“Second visit and many more to follow....” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh

Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Nabq Bay
essex
“Second visit and many more to follow....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

I took my kids for our second trip to this hotel. Last year we stayed for a week in May and this October we went for two weeks. I was very surprised with how much the hotel had changed and what additional extra's were now there.
There is a movie screen which showed films each night for children at 7.30. The new coffee and Ice Cream bars both outside and inside. There was also a new restaurant being opened.
Once again the staff were out of this world and made me and kids feel at home. Going on holiday on my own with three children can be quite hard but not here. I felt welcomed back and looked after all the time. The kids are mad a fuss of and nothing seems to faze the staff.
I have a thing about cleanliness and this hotel makes me very comfortable. The pools are cleaned and treated throughout the day. All outside areas are cleaned everymorning around 6.30 and there are staff tidying up throughout the day.
You have the choice of entertainment in the evening at either the Beachbar or around the Terrace bar.
I think breakfast in the Italian Restaurant can not be beaten and you are spoilt for choice. The remaining restaurants offer a great range of food and I have one very fussy son that was always satisfied.
My only downside once again would be my room location. With three kids I really think more effort could have gone into where I was allocated. Once again I was at the far side of the relaxation pool. Although I couldn't fault my room I do think I should have been put closer to the kids pool.
Although I dont work now, I used to work for an investment bank and have travelled the world and stayed in some truly wonderful hotels. There are a few things that may let this hotel down however for a family holiday I dont think it can be beaten.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank lottie74Essex

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,565)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
meath ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

stayed in royal albatros moderna on the end of january 2012 , weather was good just the days were very short but you can expect that its january :) , the food was not for me , alcohol all strong drinks same taste just different color same as coolant for car , beer was ok :)) , the hotel itself is huge and very clean and well maintained everyone is working very hard rooms are spotless , its better to dont go outside hotel because every single person will try to drag you in to the shop or taxi ( taxi drivers are crazy dont try them , better to get a "limo " from hotel )animation team was ok , mohamed tennis trainer was very good , spa was ok , what else .... dont expect too much for the money you are paying :)and im not going back :))

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

This was our first holiday abroad and we were not disappointed. We had asked for a room with a sea view and balcony. We arrived at the hotel just after midnight and we were shown to our room straight away room 525 this was a lovely clean room on the first floor with gorgeous views of the sea and beach. As we didnt know the hotel we didnt realise that any sea view rooms were a bit of a walk from the main reception / restaurants. The following morning we asked if we could be moved to a pool view room, this was not a problem for the staff who gave us a key to look at another room before we moved. Room 222 ground floor family was also lovely and clean. facing pool bar and pools, this was ideal for us.
We had been a bit worried by some reviews regards the food as i am a very fussy eater but we need'nt have worried the food was hot, well cooked and more than enough variety to suit even me. food was never stood for to long and was replenished regularly.
The pools had plenty of sun lounges so there was never any problems sitting by the pools. Plenty of lifeguards and staff around the pools keeping them clean.
Be prepared to be bombarded when by the pool by staff from the diving school and spa trying to get you to sign up for trips or treatments (get a red flag from reception then they have to leave you alone)
Entertainment lets this hotel down, some nights during meals they had 2 ladies singing, they were awful. the first week we were there the animation team were excellent and got people involved, last week the animation team changed these didnt seem interested in the guests. if i am honest they were a bit of a non entity around the place.
Drinks: Coffee bar was fab no complaints. beer served in small glasses,they need to invest in bigger glasses. Spirits were disgusting and gave me stomach cramps every time I had any so stopped drinking them and stuck with the beer and soft drinks. Soft drinks only available when bars open but is self service from the machine ice cold. Bottled water was available freely all over the hotel.
Over all we had a very enjoyable holiday went on a couple of trips but this holiday was about relaxing for us which we did.
Staff were always polite and were never in your face.

Room Tip: Pool view is an excellent choice.
1 Thank Maria H
bournemouth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Went to the ram in feb, and have subsequently booked for nov this year and feb next year , which is the first time i have ever visited same hotel twice ,let alone 3 times...
The hotel is huge and the choice in 5 restuarants should please everyone most of the time.Any criticism of food on here ,in my opinion is a detailed criticism ,not an overview as there really is something for everyone...

The irish bar at night has a friendly atmosphere and in general the hotel is very friendly and welcoming.....

Entertainmemnt team work hard to get everyone invovlved without being too pushy and keep the atmosphere real..People have commented on the rude russians etc but i found them to be amicable and although most prefer to keep themselves to themsleves ,at no time did i see any ill manners..
Coffee shop in foyer is awesome and as good as any costa in uk...

Overall i had a great time and look forward to coming back in a few weeks time.....

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Burnham-on-Crouch, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Royal Albatros is a true oasis in the desert, the only problem is that the Russians have found it too but if you can ignore the race that now appears to have developed a false impression of its status, The Royal Albatros is my recommendation for a great Egyptian experience, the staff just can't do enough to help and join in to make you feel part of their Royal Albatros family. My sons and daughters, my wife and I would like to thank each and every one of you for a fantastic holiday. We will see you again as soon as we can.

Room Tip: It really depends on what you want, lively fun or relaxation. There are rooms to suit everyone as lo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Chesterfield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

We could not have enjoyed this Hotel anymore. The Food was excellent and very plentiful. The Waiters were Brilliant and very helpful. The Facilities were second to non. The Animation Team were Fantastic, Funny and Entertaining. The Rep could not do enough for us. Apart from our Day in Cairo we did not want to leave the Resort.

2 Thank Kevin O
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

we stayed at the hotel between 16th and 23rd October for our birthdays booking an economy room ... when we arrived the view from our balcony was a building site and the curtains were not secured properly letting in the sunlight! We went to reception and I offered to pay to upgrade our room and we were shown a selection of rooms to choose from and they were extremely helpful the second room we were shown the shower was broken etc but we eventually found a lovely room we could step out of on to the relaxation pool or the small heated pool (room 737 at an extra £50) it was also close to the aqua park which I would recommend the beds are AMAZING and they play a selection of music all day which makes a change from the panpipes at the other pool! the slides are also lots of fun and there were enough mats etc for everyone to have a go.

Ignore any review that says bad things about the food ! there are 5 places to eat for dinner included and a Thai which you can pay for. My other half and I have completely different taste in food and we always managed to find something to eat in the same place each evening I would say the Tagine was our favourite serving rotisserie chicken each night as well as other meats from the grill.

The hotel seemed ideal for families the kids could go up and get ice creams and milkshakes throughout the day and they showed films on a large cinema screen each evening to keep them entertained. They also have a crepe and doughnut bar open for 2 hours a day which is lovely if you have missed lunch!
The alcohol is RANK that is all I can say the draught lager is ok but the vodka tastes the same as the gin and the wine tastes the same as the vinegar !

as a couple we were a bit bored in the evening they had some women shrieking each evening who were not that bad in small doses we always went and had a lush coffee after our dinner it is such a nice change for all inclusive to have a coffee bar !!

Ok everyone has mentioned Russian people and I would never agree with judging everyone the same but I can honestly say I did not come across a polite person from this country during my stay! I watched them pulling lumps of coral out of the sea even after I told them it was £1000 fine because the fish need it!! they said " i know! in perfect english I saw a child smash a glass and his Russian mother stepped over it and let people (and children) walk over it she didn't even make anyone aware and we also had a spa treatment while we there after being promised a romantic massage and use of the facilities ..... nope the Russians think it is acceptable to bring three small children into the sauna and steam room ! and we ended up going mad and walking out when the 8 year old boy in the jacuzzi kept swimming about and kicking us both! the staff in there were fab offering us a free return but they should not be allowed in there in the first place!
DO book at least snorkelling with bright shark diving centre we had such a good day and even tried a 6 meter dive for a fraction of the price Thomas Cook were offering and they were brilliant .
This hotel would never ever be a 5 star in the UK but you would also not get a week there for the price we paid if it was staff were lovely the sun was shining most of the time you get more than what you pay for just from the lush huge beds had the best weeks sleep :)

Room Tip: 737 is nice location there may be better rooms but this was the fourth one we looked at
7 Thank hayteddies
Sultan Gardens Resort
#20 of 232 in Sharm El Sheikh
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,994 reviews
Radisson Blu Resort, Sharm El Sheikh

Been to Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh? Share your experiences!