Not a hotel I would normally book as more for families with younger children. Everything was maintained to a high standard. There were several pools and an area with slides and the most amazing loungers to rest on while the kids enjoy the slides.
There is no shortage of drinks, food, cakes, and a fantastic coffee shop to rival Starbucks! Always busy and sometimes you have to wait a few minutes. I would have to say that the food is not up to 5* star standard although plentiful. I think I had more pizza and pasta as these were freshly prepared than I normally would in Egypt! The bread was always stale. There was no fresh coffee in any of the restaurants. My friend said the beer was not nice but the wine wasn’t too awful.
I paid extra for a sea view room and I was happy with the room itself, spacious with large bed. The staff work very hard at keeping the place clean and tidy and were always friendly. Although the reception staff can be a bit short with you and they should be the ones with the most patience!
For some reason they play piped music from speakers across the site and unfortunately I had one under my balcony! They play music from 7am to 11pm.
Internet charges were outrageous. I did buy 15 mins for €3 but half the time was spent waiting for the pages to load.
There was entertainment in the beach bar most evenings which could be a bit loud when you are staying that end of the complex as I was.
The beach was lovely and again plenty of sun-loungers and comfortable cushions. The pier was amazing very long with sun-loungers at the end! We had very windy weather so the black flag flew quite a lot but I did manage to snorkel from the end of the pier once which was good.
There are a lot of Russians in Egypt this year and I am afraid to say they are quite rude and noisy and don’t recognise queues!
If you want a taxi to the airport just walk out of the hotel and you will get a better price. There are a few shops just a few minutes walk from the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2004, the 5* resort has a dream location on the golden sandy beach on the new hotel zone of Nabq Bay, facing coral reefs in the crystal clear waters of the Red Sea, and the shipwrecks of the nearby Straits of Tiran. The main building and the attached two-storey building are surrounded by resplendent gardens extending down to the beach. This elegant all inclusive resort is only 12 km from Sharm El Sheikh Airport, and 20 km from the famous Naama-Bay.Whether you're celebrating an anniversary or honeymoon, planning a family vacation in Sharm El Sheikh or just wanting to get away from it all, Royal Albatros Moderna is the perfect place for all ages and interests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Albatros Moderna Hotel Nabq Bay
- Calimera Royal Moderna
- Calimera Moderna Beach
- Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm El-Sheikh Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay