The Calimera Moderna (Royal Al batros)
Great for a relaxing beach/pool holiday- glorious weather.
For the more active a comprehensive activity programme, Disco and kids club.
Tip- if travelling independently from the airport to hotel, taxi fare is £15 (needs haggling!)
Food - fresh and plentiful, delicious salads and the largest selection of gorgeous bread rolls - and to my delight real butter (Lurpak!!). There was show cooking, pizza and pasta stations and delicious Kebabs from the bbq. Desserts were mainly cakes and pastries, but very enticing and delicious. Breakfast finished at 10 am but a late breakfast was served upstairs in the toscini resteraunt if you slept late- great idea!.
Drinks - mainly help yourself but readily available (Pepsi), water readily available (large bottle of water free in mini bar daily). Also coffee and tea facilities in bedroom.
Staff - very friendly and helpful (special mention for 'Gary' in the pool bar!)
Bedroom - spacious two queen size beds, very clean, lovely balcony. Toiletries provided.
3 swimming pools, 1 active pool/1 relaxation pool/ 1 heated pool (quite small), very clean and constantly maintained.
The hotel is directly situated on the sea front and has a wooden walkway over the coral reef to the sea, an ideal place to snorkle, swim or just sit and relax and watch the fish. (Only hotel guests allowed on the walkway so it doesent get to busy). The sea water is crystal clear, and teaming with a wide variety of fish.
There are shops in the hotel and also a pharmacy.
Security - there are a large number of security guards throughout the complex, guests safety a priority.
We enjoyed our stay and will definately go back one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 2004, the 5* resort has a dream location on the golden sandy beach on the new hotel zone of Nabq Bay, facing coral reefs in the crystal clear waters of the Red Sea, and the shipwrecks of the nearby Straits of Tiran. The main building and the attached two-storey building are surrounded by resplendent gardens extending down to the beach. This elegant all inclusive resort is only 12 km from Sharm El Sheikh Airport, and 20 km from the famous Naama-Bay.Whether you're celebrating an anniversary or honeymoon, planning a family vacation in Sharm El Sheikh or just wanting to get away from it all, Royal Albatros Moderna is the perfect place for all ages and interests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm el-Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Albatros Moderna Hotel Nabq Bay
- Calimera Royal Moderna
- Calimera Moderna Beach
- Royal Albatros Moderna Sharm El-Sheikh Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Nabq Bay