“Best holiday to date”

Charmillion Club Aqua Park
Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Nabq Bay
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I came to the Aqua Park for 10 days with my family on the 21st of February and we all had an amazing holiday, our best one yet.
Upon arrival I was very impressed by how close we were to the airport and the hotel looked lovely and clean. We arrived at night and the hotels pool sides and bars were light up and looked very inviting, and we received a very warm welcome.
Our apartment was fantastic, there was five of us sharing a two room apartment. 3 adults and two teenagers and there was plenty of room for all. We all packed enough clothes to stay for a month and we still had storage space free. We had a lovely cleaner who was very friendly and entertained us with his towel designs.
I could not fault the facilities at the hotel. The pools and slides where superb they were fun for all ages. Our family group had older children and we found the slides and lazy river boats to be great activities to enjoy together. Then there is the quite pool for when you want some peace and relaxation. The pool side bars have a fantastic selection of soft drinks and alcoholic drinks. The drinks took a little getting used to as the fizzy drinks do not taste quite like they do at home and the cocktails are very sweet. But the bar and waiting staff where fantastic. We never had an empty glass as soon as we were almost finished the waiting staff where straight over asking if we would like another and would always join us in a little banter and general chat. I would like to particularly thank Adel and Mohamed who we became very good friends with and made our holiday very enjoyable.
The hotel also has a beauty salon, you will meet Matrix on your first day around the pool and he is very personable and funny I had a face massage, nails and eyebrows done by him and his team and I was particularly impressed by the face massage (done by Alex). My mum and sisters also had treatments and where equally impressed with the service.
During the day the Animation team put on lots of activities for all ages, myself and my sisters joined in the belly dancing classes held daily. You learn different things each day and have different instructors each day. I had Bob and Fire and they were fantastic. My mum and I also joined in for water aerobics and this was great fun, this was also done daily. The entire animation team where marvellous, when they were not doing activities they were walking around the pool side entertaining us with their nuttiness. At night they do a variety of shows in the amphitheatre that where very good and catered to all ages. I liked the audience participation aspect to their shows and would defiantly recommend you go and see the shows. The amphitheatre was a little windy you will need to take something warm and something to cushion your bum. The cushions provided on the concrete steps are very limited and I only got a cushion once. All in all I was very impressed with the animation team they made us feel very welcome and really got to know us well. You got a sense they all really cared about making your holiday special and really gave the experience a personal touch. I would personally like to thank Emilly, Toosha, Bob, Fire, Manchester and DJ Fox who really made an effort to get to know us and made our holiday very memorable.
There are a few local shops on the resort and Sam ‘’the man’’ next to the perfume shop again was very welcoming and friendly and offers the best quality compared to the ASDA who are very expensive. Sam was very helpful and bent over backwards to make sure I left with what I went in for and offered an excellent customer service…..I wish some of the shop assistance in England where as friendly and helpful as him.

I was very impressed with the food selection the hotel had to offer and I always found something. I personally found the pasta and the freshly prepared food from the back of the main restaurant where the hottest and nicest. We also ate at the Indian and Italian restaurants on site (you need to book the table the night before from the gentleman who sits outside the main restaurant between 6 6 and 7). The food at the Italian restaurant is well worth the annoyance of having to pre book the night before. The staff in the restaurants are fantastic they were so friendly and welcoming by the end of my holiday I knew most of them by name. The only thing I think is needed to improve the main restaurant experience is a tray, by the time you get the main, any sides and your drink you find you are running back and forth and the food is cold.
I would highly recommend the Aqua Park to families. The staff were faultless and I got the impression that it was not just my family that the staff got to know very well this was a very welcoming and friendly environment I was sad to leave because I had made very good relationships with everyone here.

• Stayed: February 2014
5  Thank meganchapman
M A, Manager at Charmillion Club Aqua Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
First of all let me thank you for the interest shown in Sea Club Aqua Park and for trust and confidence extended to us .Thank you for your precious time that you spent to write your about your experience with us at Sea Club Aqua Park .We are all proud to provide you our utmost services in order to ensure a happy vacation. looking forward to welcoming you back at the soonest .

Write a ReviewReviews (1,648)

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Came home on the 23rd feb after a fantastic week at the sea club aqua park, rooms fantastic best nights sleep ever, the aqua park and life guards were amazing especially the wave slide, by the end of the week my daughter age 9 was going down backwards (no chance). The animation team were great so much fun but not to pushy, my girls loved Emily such a lovely girl and they found Manchester hilarious they called him Madchester. Always found something to eat and thats with 2 fussy eaters the fish off the bbq was beautiful, the only thing that let it down slightly was the main restuarant was abit disorganised and you had to queue to book for the italian and indian. More ice cream for the kids also. The good definately outways the bad and desperate to come back. Try the buggy trip in the desert it was an experience.

Room Tip: We were in block B12 not to noisy and close to the facilities. Go for a high floor not as many mosqu...

Dear Valued Guest,
First of all let me thank you for the interest shown in Sea Club Aqua Park and for trust and confidence extended to us . . We are all proud to provide you our utmost services in order to ensure a happy vacation. Your positive comments about some of the team members have been delivered to them in person ( Emily & Manchester ) . We are delighted to know that you liked the rooms, the life guards services . As for your comment about the main restaurant a serious action has been taken in order to improve that point and insure that it will never be repeated .

looking forward to welcome you back at Sea Club Aqua Park .

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

The holiday was brilliant, and the hotel was beautiful! Really good family holiday! And i would love to go back! The animation team were brillaint And made the holiday enjoyable! Bob, toosha,fire and Manchester was fantastic! And very entertaining! And we're so friendly with our family! The rooms were lovely and big. The staff were fantastic! Always chatty and friendly! Night entertainment was good! Pools and slides were Great! The only disappointing thing was the food selection and there was no indoor bar for the night, as some nights were abit chilly.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Lydia Paige B

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your precious time that you spent to write your about your experience with us at Sea Club Aqua Park . We are delighted to know that you liked the rooms, the kids liked the aqua park and you liked the Animation team too . Your positive comments about some of the team members have been delivered to them in person (Bob, Tosha, Fire and Manchester) .
We are looking forward to welcoming you back .

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have stayed in lots of 4/5 star hotels in Sharm El Sheik, but this one for sure was the worst food I have come across (maybe in any all inc. hotel I have ever stayed in !) The tables were quite often unclean, not enough cutlery or too difficult to find. The buffet choices were limited, and badly cooked and presented. I also had my plate cleared whilst I was still eating! they are very keen to clear up so be careful if you leave your table you may come back to find it all gone !!
We travelled as a family of 7 - half of us were vegetarians, the children ate tomato pasta most nights, the chef even used the same spoon as the meat sauce one night so there were bits of meat in the veggie sauce!
There are two other a la carte restaurants (indian and italian) to book you have to queue up between 6-7pm the night before and choose your menu - took about 20 mins each time, food was slightly better there but not worth the wait !
We actually decided to pay to eat out for 2 out of the 7 nights it was that bad.
On a plus side the rooms are spacious and comfy and the kids enjoyed the water park, it should be mentioned that it is directly under the flight path and on a saturday there are planes flying very low overhead approximately every 30 mins.
We did visit the sister hotel on the beach but nothing special.

5  Thank LAB72

First, Would like to thank you for staying with us and for your time spent to write your comments which will surely direct us to a better service & performance . All your comments are taken positively and a serious action has been taken in order to improve those points and insure that it will never be repeated . Would ask you kindly to give us another chance by visiting us again to prove that we have improved the services and that we have taken you notes as guidelines to the reach a higher level of guest satisfaction.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Much like most of the other reviews , we found the staff excellent and the rooms large and welcoming with very comfortable beds , the food was typical all inc fair with plenty to go at , although they had frequent themed night it didn't seem to change much , the nightly bbq mainly consisted of kofta with very little variation . there was fresh cooked pasta and a choice of roasted meats most nights along with the canteen style silver dishes filled with ,, well sometimes even after reading the label it was difficult to tell ,, but we always found something to have , a little tip here would be get your table first then your drinks as unlike other places we have been to there is no table service .again like other reviewers we found out that the trips organised by the hotel rep were more expensive than getting them from one of the guys round the pool , we stuck up quite a friendship with Mohammed Ali (not the boxer)and bought a day trip from him , we got the dune buggies a camel ride star gazing Bedouin meal (kofta's again) and a show , we spent around six hours doing all of these things and had a cracking day out , so i would recommend using him , he was a very intelligent young man studying English law and literature and spent time chatting with us every day , even after he had his sale . the other character we chatted with every day was Matrix from the beauty salon , "ALRIGHT MATE" !, ha ha we certainly knew he was coming . All the staff make this place so friendly and are a credit to the hotel , a few names to look out for are Amir bartender at the fish and chip bar by the quite pool , Mahmood from the reception bar , a few quid to these guys and you wont have to join the queue's , specially Mahmood on one very busy night every time he came past us he refreshed our drinks and we ended up pretty hammered .The guys on the slides as mentioned before are excellent , while we were there they opened up the Italian restaurant for breakfast and lunch , we were alerted to this by a note under the door from the management , now I'm not suggesting they were just putting these notes thru just English peoples doors ,,, BUT it was a mighty big coincidence that everyone spoke good English and queued quietly without jumping in where and when they liked ;-) , all in all we really enjoyed our week here and were in agreement that we would come back again .

Room Tip: make sure you get a room away from the main reception bar as this is 24 hours and can get very noisy
1  Thank JohnRoss1960

Dear Valued Guest,
First of all let me thank you for the interest shown in Sea Club Aqua Park and for trust and confidence extended to us . . We are all proud to provide you our utmost services in order to ensure a happy vacation. Your positive comments about some of the team members have been delivered to them in person “ Mohamed Ali not the boxer, Matrix, Amir, Mahmoud “. We are delighted that you liked staff of the resort and the rooms too . We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the soonest .

Reviewed February 26, 2014

My first impressions of Sea Club Aqua Park were slight disappointment. I've stayed in five star hotels in the Far East (Thailand, Malaysia) and I was expecting this to be of the same standard. Not so, although it's nice, it's a lot more rustic than what I've experienced in other five star resorts. I guess it's normal for Egypt though, so once my initial downer was out of the way I got on with enjoying it.

We booked this to get away from the awful UK weather in February and didn't have any intention of doing anything other than relaxing, which Sea Club Aqua Park is perfect for. We ventured out one day to its sister hotel to visit the beach, but it wasn't up to much and the lack of information on where Aqua Park guests can get food at the Sea Club Resort led to a wasted afternoon traipsing round several pool bars trying to find the magic place that was still serving snacks available to us. I spoke with the manager of Aqua Park about this and he was very apologetic and said that he agreed they should improve their information with regard to this.

So, the bulk of our week was spent around the pool area, which is where this hotel really excels. Two pools, one with loads of water slides, fountains and climbing frames, and a massive 'bigger slides' complex meant that we barely ever saw the kids - they were off and playing from morning to night. If you fancy something a little more slow-paced, there's a 'lazy river' that circles the waterslides where you can get an inflatable boat and paddle slowly round taking in the sights. Our particular favourites in the waterslide area were the 'toilet bowl' as we came to know it - a raft slide that shoots you into an enormous bowl that you travel round three or four times, then get 'flushed' down a hole in the centre. I think its real name was the Space Bowl. The other one for ultimate thrills is the Tsunami vertical drop slide, which will leave your heart beating. And if the lifeguard gives you a push, you can touch the top at the opposite side of the drop.

Drinks and service around the pool could be a mixed bag. The bars serve drinks in plastic half pint glasses (I know, plastic glasses is a contradiction) for most of the day, but as 4pm approaches you're more likely to get a small plastic cup. We managed to get one of the pool waiters on side with friendly chat and tips so he'd always check in with us when he was passing (which wasn't that often, to be fair). We're not big drinkers though, so we had enough service for drinks. If you wanted to sink drinks one after the other you'd struggle without going to the bar for them though. At lunchtime the pool bar serves Fish & Chips and the Aqua Bar offers Pizza (cheese & tomato, freshly cooked and very tasty), hot dogs and burgers (looked to be freshly made too, not packet items) all with chips if you wish. The Aqua park restaurant (The one that's the Indian in the evening) also opens most lunchtimes with a small buffet and barbeque available.

Lots of people say the food isn't very good at Aqua Park, but to be honest it's a mixed bag. We were told to avoid salads and ice cubes to keep tummy upsets at bay, but we had both and never suffered any ill-effects. I'm not a fussy eater, my wife is, but we both found plenty to enjoy on the breakfast and dinner buffets. Forget what's in the silver trays and go for the chef-cooked fresh dishes around the sides, or the outdoor barbeque. The salads were very nice, the fresh houmous was amazing and there was always a massive array of fresh breads to go with the dishes. The only part of the buffet that was constantly disappointing was the desserts. Such amazing and intricate-looking cakes on display, but most of them had very little taste and not nearly as much sweetness as we would expect.

Russians. Yes, what an ignorant, selfish, rude and arrogant race of people. They'll be all over the place and there's nothing you can do about it, so take a deep breath and hold your head up high that you at least have some social graces. Don't let them spoil your holiday.

Mozzies. Oh those little blighters. We forgot to bring anything repellent or bite-soothing, so had to buy some Egyptian nerve-gas from the Asda (don't go there - overpriced, the bloke upstairs beside the perfume shop is half the price and can get you pretty much anything you want if he doesn't have it in). We sprayed the room each night before we left for dinner, but my poor wife must have been attacked outside as she was eaten alive. We stopped counting at 60 (yes, sixty) bites on her legs. Bring some repellent if you're the type that the mozzies love.

The staff everywhere at Aqua Park are lovely and will bend over backwards to help you. There's not much tourism left for Egypt so Sharm plays an important part in their economy. The service is very warm and friendly and you get the impression that it's genuinely important to the staff members that you have a good holiday. Everyone from the porters, the front desk staff, bar staff and restaurant staff are all so friendly and very good with the children.

Finally on the entertainment: I mentioned this was a lazy holiday for us and I'll be honest that we never really partake in holiday-type evening entertainment, but the animation team always made a sterling effort to ensure that there were things to do for everyone, from Salsa dancing and aerobics by the pool during the day to a kids disco and family show each night.

Oh, one last thing which doesn't get mentioned much. Aqua Park is literally the first hotel from the airport, probably four minutes by car, so you are directly under the flight path and get planes flying overhead regularly. I thought this might be a real bugbear during the holiday, but to be perfectly honest it was just so relaxing that I hardly noticed it.

Would I return to Aqua Park? Absolutely, and I wouldn't even look any further. While it might be possible to get more luxury elsewhere, it has everything to keep the kids happy. And when they're happy, Mum & Dad are very happy too.

Room Tip: Ask the reception for any room requirements you may have (quiet room/away from nightlife etc.) and t...
6  Thank Daniel B
M A, Manager at Charmillion Club Aqua Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you very much for the time you spend to write your valuable comments regarding your recent stay at Sea Club Aqua Park and the efforts you took to share your views with us. It is a pleasure to see that in general you were happy with the services you received during your stay with us.
Looking forward to welcome you back at Sea Club Aqua Park

Reviewed February 25, 2014

arrived on the 6th of Feb and have to say wow hotel was beautiful staff were lovely shown to our room 1504 and was so impressed staff impressed straight away .The rooms are big and plenty of storage we looked at the pool area and no problems weather was fantastic just a bit windy on last day .Ahmed our room attendant was fantastic on my birthday his towel creations were amazing and my cake was lovely plus when he saw my mosquito chewed legs he supplied suitable sprays for the room .The pool area was fantastic child and adult areas were amazing aqua pool bar was good with food as well .Aled the bar man was amazing he was attentive courteous and a credit to the hotel the 24 hour bar was great. The animation team led by mr Manchester were well received they worked hard and were always visible fantastic asset to the hotel My husband and I had a great ten days here my only gripe was the food and if they crack this I would give it 11 out of 10 but the food was cool and there was a lack of choice the indian and Italian restaurant weren't utilised to there full potential and the lack of ice creams and hot food made me mark the hotel down On the plus side I spoke to the hotels food and beverage manager was very nice and he listened to my concerns and had already started to do some significant changes so im sure the food will improve . This is a new hotel that is keen to get british people to visit and have to say that as you can visit its sister hotel on the beach through a free shuttle you get the full package please try it

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank vicky1966

Dear Valued Guest,
First of all let me thank you for the interest shown in Sea Club Aqua Park and for trust and confidence extended to us . . We are all proud to provide you our utmost services in order to ensure a happy vacation. Your positive comments about some of the team members have been delivered to them in person.And thank you for your positive comments about the animation team .
Looking forward to welcome you back at Sea Club Aqua Park

Sea Beach Aqua Park Resort Managed by Blue Resorts
Parrotel Beach Resort
Parrotel Beach Resort
#7 of 33 in Nabq Bay

Been to Charmillion Club Aqua Park? Share your experiences!